Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
From the archives (Read 2929 times)
John2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

From the archives
Jan 12th, 2019 at 9:58pm

Evening star. [volume], August 12, 1939

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: From the archives
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 11:19pm

Very interesting reading and I note that a lot of the description is very much aligned with the IHS diagnostic criteria.

However the histamine treatment isn't a standard current treatment - does anyone know why?

Good find!

IP Logged

John2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 3:43am

This may well be the Horton quote that gave rise to the now quite frequent reference to suicide headache, perhaps.

I will post these occasionally. I think it helps to see how far we've come and in some cases, how far we haven't. Either way it's enlightening, hopeful and might give someone a bit of optimism which seems sorely needed in these times.

IP Logged

John2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 12:29am

HEADACHE WITH VISUAL HALLUCINATION - 1897

An interesting read and a fairly graphic account from treating Doctors which both shows how far we've come and how far we haven't. I think they may have been dealing with CH or a variant here.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
004/paper-doi-10_1097_00005053-189710000-00004.pdf

Edit; Maybe highlight the whole piece of code and right click "open link" to access. Sorry, the link broke on this website and I don't have the skills to repair it.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2019 at 12:37am by John2 »  

IP Logged

zanychef
CH.com Junior

i'm busting with a masx
cant really go wrong
can i

x1|worthing|England|europe|172|244|
Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:23am

Mike NZ wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 11:19pm:
Very interesting reading and I note that a lot of the description is very much aligned with the IHS diagnostic criteria.

However the histamine treatment isn't a standard current treatment - does anyone know why?

Good find!

hi Mike look up ergotamine and DHE infusion Smiley
zanycheff

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too bad:)
Ian Howard  
IP Logged

Sailpappy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Colorado Springs, Co
Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 3:41pm

I endured the Histamine treatment(IV drip for 3 hours x 3 days) at least 4 times, it was excruciating and never helped at all! I also do not drink any alcohol-ever-never have!

IP Logged

zanychef
CH.com Junior

i'm busting with a masx
cant really go wrong
can i

x1|worthing|England|europe|172|244|
Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 3:24pm

Histamine treatment or DHE is regularly used in the UK i can think of 3 OUCH UK members (one a trustee) who get it

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too bad:)
Ian Howard  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!