Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Music Helps (Read 1042 times)
Rayblock
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Music Helps
Feb 19th, 2019 at 11:53pm

I've had ch for over 40 years. My verapamil stopped working and with no insurance to pay for 02 I was in trouble. 

Then about 1 year ago, during a kip 10 I tried some music to keep my mind preoccupied while I rocked back and forth waiting for the pain to go away. It seemed to stop the pain in half the time and it ended with a smile .

I started playing the music 24/7 and now I am ch free. Its slow instrumental music I got from Utube called relaxdaily,
I play 9-hour video. It took a long time and a lot of pain but this has been the longest remission in 20 years. I was chronic before music.

Has anyone else tried this?

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Music Helps
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2019 at 6:58pm

I haven't tried it,  Rayblock,  and just the thought of music during a big hit would drive me nutty,  but if it works for you then go for it and I truly send you the bestest wishes ever!

Goodness knows how it could be working and my only suggestion would be never to turn it off,  but more importantly we thank you for finding something that works for you then taking the time to pass it on so it may help others who must live this nightmare.

Cheers and beers and may you remain pain-free for ever,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Music Helps
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2019 at 1:31am

Hi and welcome Rayblock

I've not tried using music during a CH, other than the "noises" that I make myself, although oxygen / sumatriptan injections helped to minimise that kind of "music". But I'm pleased it works well for you and it may help others too.

Have you looked at using vitamin D3 as a preventive? Lots of us have gone CH pain free using it (including myself) and it is relatively inexpensive too.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Tell us more about your CH and we may be able to give some suggestions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!