Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Grant (Read 2583 times)
Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Grant
Mar 5th, 2019 at 5:26am

Ulysses S. Grant suffered from CH. After reading his biography I tend to think of him as a reluctant alcoholic. I do wonder if booze was his way of dealing with CH.

IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Re: Grant
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:43am

I cannot imagine how CH sufferers survived in the days when there were no abortives and treatments.  I guess this is where they earned the name "suicide headaches."  Amazing that Grant was able not just to survive, but to thrive and prosper while battling this malady.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:15pm

Am interested in how he was diagnosed with CH.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:59pm

I've long wondered how many of our ClusterMates in times past have been put to death because of their obvious possession by the devils in their heads.  Not one of these poor souls would have survived the Inquisitions or other religious  'cleansings'  over the years.

Certainly I've put the question to senior priests and various clerics but they only avert their eyes.

No response.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 6:44am

It is possible Grant used strong spirits to alleviate CH. I used to drink beer only and that would not have helped. That is why I think of him as a reluctant alcoholic. They say he was suffering a CH when he got news of Lee's surrender and his CH miraculously lifted. Maybe from a suffusion of happiness?

IP Logged

shooky
CH.com Veteran

33 years of CH.

TLV Israel
Reply #5 - May 11th, 2019 at 5:58pm

A surprising event might alleviate a cluster attack. This is not very common, but some people report events during the onset of an attack in which they were startle for some reason and the attack just went away.

Response to surprise is managed by the hypothalamus, so it makes sense that a surprise might disrupt the part of the mechanism behind CH that originates there.

Of course, it's not trivial to surprise yourself - I really tried to be creative about it, to some degree of success, and eventually retreated to my O2 and Imitrex.

WWW https://www.facebook.com/shooky.galili  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!