Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Old Timers, I need some help (Read 3606 times)
Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Old Timers, I need some help
May 3rd, 2019 at 1:12pm

how's everyone doing? Haven't been here in a while.

I need a little help with the history of this place.

There is a book being written and one of the main characters the author needs help with is our own PinkSharkMark.

Mark passed away back in 2015 but he had been a major player on this message board for many years.

Mark (Pinky) played a major role in advancing the cluster headache online community and the role of the patient community in improving their own treatment plans.

The author (not me) would love to be able to speak with either close friends or family members of Mark's. If that's you, please write to me at bob@clusterbusters.org

If you think you may have some knowledge about Mark that could help us track down a family member, please let me know.
Mark played a vital role in building a patient community that has helped saved many lives over the years. The author wants to make sure he gets the recognition he deserves.

Mark was originally from Canada but lived out most of his final years living in the Dominican Republic. His name was Mark Hillaby but was known here as PinkSharkMark.

Thanks my friends,
Bob Wold

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Old Timers, I need some help
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2019 at 7:08pm

I can't help directly, but a way to identify people who were posting about the same time as him would be to click on the members tab at the top, then sort by date registered. Then you can see who was around at the right time and hopefully get in touch with some via PMs.

IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 4:23am

The archives tell the story. We were a bunch of suffering folks that sought medicinal relief ...something...any fuckin thing. Our communication thru DJ's board cemented us into a family. Killin ourselves was an option till we met here and laughed thru our tears. Best friends beyond anything we had ever experienced were just black squiggles on a screen. I'd given anything to have met you cats. Too few in person. Shrooms turned the tide fer my sarcastic comedic episodic cluster ass....finally and to this day. What the fuck can I say about someone I never met who helped save my life? Thanks? I wouldn't know him if his ghost bumped into my bedraggled flesh pile. No help here Bob

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 12:16pm

Dennis, in your own special way, you've described us all to a "T". We came here without hope and found it ten-fold. I remember the first time I met you. Jonny walked in, you jumped up on a table top and threaten to wipe the floor with him.. He responded and after ya'll knocked over the chairs and table.. you just came up hugging and laughing.

And the funny thing.. I've met probably 1000 CHers and have NEVER met a stranger among them.

Lawdy, I can remember flying to Rochester NY and meeting Kip, Drummer and Elaine and spending a week in Drummer's garage. The first OUCH convention .. LOL.. So many memories of the "good old days"..

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 9:30pm

What Dennis and Barbara said. I never had the pleasure of meeting Mark, but he gave me hope. Of course, there are a lot of others, too. Had it not have been for this site, i would probably be wormfood by now.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!