Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
High Verapamil Dosage (Read 1121 times)
Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
High Verapamil Dosage
Sep 12th, 2019 at 6:49am

Hi guys I just had a repeat ECG and it was all clear. The doctor says I can continue on high dosage of verapamil. I am using up to 1200mg per day and have seen some improvement. Pain has gone down from 12 out of 10 to 4 out of 10! Side effects are fatigue but I think this will pass. Also some hand tremors. So holding a cup or screwing top on a bottle are a little more difficult. I am cautiously hopeful that this is going to work. These side effects are still preferable to the intense pain I endured before. I still use abortives  sumitriptan tablets and injections but am reducing these markedly. I would be interested to know from anyone else who has tried this.
Prior to this I was in chronic CH and having 5 or 6 episodes per day (24 hour period).

IP Logged

Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Re: High Verapamil Dosage
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2019 at 8:14pm

Hi guys I have an update. I found I could not handle 1200mg per day, it left me far too fatigued, so I am slowly reducing. I am currently on 1080mg per day and CH has not worsened. My aim is to get down to 960mg per day and see how I go. I am also reducing abortives  and CH episodes are mostly minor now. I am also about to try the D3 course. As of right now I have gone 19 hours without an abortive!

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 12:28am

Great update.

With any medication it is always a case of balancing the beneficial effects from the side effects, so for you 960mg/day seems to be about right. As your CH settle it may be possible to drop this a bit further too.

Really hoping that D3 makes a further impact on your CH.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 5:04am

Great news.

Follow the D3 Regimen to the letter. It took about 4 weeks to start working for me, so stick with it.

Keep us updated.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 6:54am

The problem I have is trying to find the right dose. I am varying from 960mg to 1080mg per day. I do seem to be adapting and fatigue comes and goes. I notice that on 960mg I need to use more abortives. However overall I am feeling better.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!