Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sore eye socket (Read 1005 times)
Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Sore eye socket
Sep 13th, 2019 at 7:02am

Does anyone have this condition. I normally get pain in my right temple but sometimes I have pain in the actual eye socket and soreness on inside corner of eye. Can anyone shed light? It is painful enough to be annoying.plus I am wondering if it can harm the eye in some way.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Sore eye socket
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:32pm

Graeme,

I get this all the time. If you look at the picture attached you will see the Trigeminal nerve pathway. It is easy to see why the eye and eye socket get painful.

Also, I get my eyes checked every two years and there has been no detioration for the last 16 years, so it really is not something to worry about.

Peter.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2019 at 6:34pm by Peter510 »  

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2019 at 2:32am

Thanks for that Peter. Talking about the nerve. Is that what drugs like epilem and topomax try to address? As opposed to the high dose of verapamil I am on which is referred to as a channel blocker? I am on 1200mg per day verapamil and it has certainly lessened and blunted CH episodes but I still get them and still have to rely on abortives albeit much reduced now. I am wondering if topomax may be better and have less side effects than the epilem? I have to give the verapamil a fair go and continue it for a while though. Any advice welcome.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2019 at 5:03am

Graeme,

I’m happy to say I don’t know anything about either Topomax or Verapamil, as I have never taken them.

In my worst days my Doctor had planned to put me on Verapamil, but I agreed with him that I would give the Vitamin D3 a trial period of 12 weeks first.

Consequently, I have never taken any meds (other than all the wrong ones before diagnosis).

There are others here who have experience of the medications. Perhaps one of them will advise.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!