Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cafergot - no longer available in NZ from May 2020 (Read 1168 times)
Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Cafergot - no longer available in NZ from May 2020
Nov 21st, 2019 at 1:07am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Cafergot is being withdrawn from the NZ market from May next year due to links to pancreatis, plus the fact that the evidence of other side effects is increasing and there are alternatives available.

This aligns NZ with Australia and most of Europe.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Cafergot - no longer available in NZ from May 2020
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 6:05am

I had a lot of luck with Cafergot,  using it variously as a preventive or an abortive and always sticking honestly within the weekly maximum,  but then a neuro thought it might be a bit of fun to overdose me terribly on the stuff. 

The results weren't nice,  and I can't recommend it as a great way to spend a weekend,  but I still wonder if there isn't some secret ingredient in the stuff that's truly beneficial to us.

Perhaps now we'll never know.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2020 at 4:50am

Sorry to see cafergot go. It is good to have choices. Cafergot has been a great friend to me over the years. In the end I was using too much. I now use sumitriptan.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 9:54pm

I was on Migral for decades, every Spring and Autumn, and then Cafergot. Then I found the vitamin D regimen on here back in 2012 and been CH free ever since.

Brian, Ergotamine is the secret ingredient in them.

Graemel, you can still buy Cafergot OTC in Taiwan if you fancy a bit of a holiday.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2020 at 10:50pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!