Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Major Surgery when you have Cluster Headaches (Read 1105 times)
TJMBeav
CH.com Junior

Longview, WA USA
Major Surgery when you have Cluster Headaches
Jan 24th, 2020 at 12:04pm

All,

Long time since I have posted. Quick update. Verapamil quit working for me a couple years ago. Switched to Lithium but the side effects were not worth it. So as of now not on any preventive. Instead have a supply of imetrix shots and if cycle gets too intense I do a Pred taper.

My question is has anyone had to have major surgery while in a cycle? Unfortunately I have been diagnosed with lung cancer and am scheduled to have lung surgery soon. I had been headache free since August but over the last month I have been getting hit more frequently. Not horrible intensity or frequency yet but would like some advice on how to deal with an attack while in the hospital. Drs know I am diagnosed and take imetrix when needed, but knowing and comprehending are two different things.

Thank you in advance.

Go Beavs

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Major Surgery when you have Cluster Headaches
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 1:45am

This came up many years ago after a couple of lady ClusterHeads had bad experiences and the general concensus then was ensuring the operating staff were properly advised well in advance and had Oxygen and some Imitrex shots on hand just in case.

It really seemed that fear of the problem was far greater than the problem itself but it never hurts to prepare.

Good luck with it and let us know how you're getting on.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Major Surgery when you have Cluster Headaches
Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 4:17am

Hey TJ,

I've sent you an email.  Please let me know if you didn't receive it.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!