Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Different disease...different paradigms (Read 1076 times)
TJMBeav
CH.com Junior

Longview, WA USA
Different disease...different paradigms
Feb 23rd, 2020 at 1:26am

About 10 weeks ago I got diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. About 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Cluster headaches. The struggle to get diagnosed, properly treated, e en generally accepted with Cluster headaches was a total nightmare. Last 5 years with the beast have been good....not great....but doable. I have a plan that works.

Then I get a visit from the beasts bitch mother and have lung cancer. Not much to compare the two with. Not much in common except.....Prednisone.

I remember debating here years ago how careful we must all be with over using Prednisone AND Imetrix. Basic attitude I got was suffer as much pain as you can stand and the seek relief. I never believed that...and if I could get a taper...I got it. If I needed 4 shots in a day and I had them....I took them

There is one, and ONLY one good thing about lung cancer. That is the saying "there is NO reason to be in pain if it can be avoided. Period"

I agree. So right now it is the pain that is the enemy. I am well armed. I am winning.

Go Beavs

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Different disease...different paradigms
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2020 at 3:21am

G'day,  Beav,  and that's rotten news about the cancer. 

I well remember that debate all those years ago about the benefits/problems associated with the overuse of various medications simply to avoid unnecessary pain.

There were some excellent opinions expressed by all sides and from memory everyone decided to agree on just one point  -  we all disagreed with each other.

It hadn't been long before that I'd given up completely on all CH medications,  still the best decision I ever made,  and that threw a helluva spanner into the works.

I still stand on me digs,  however,  that everyone is responsible for their own health and treatment.   As individuals we also accept full responsibility for our choices and their outcomes.

Do what works for you,  mate,  and don't let the bastards grind you down.

Full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes!

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

TJMBeav
CH.com Junior

Longview, WA USA
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2020 at 2:56pm

Bloody well put mate. Unfortunately for me but the pred taper did not kill the cycle. Took longer to work last episode as well (about a year ago in fact) but has dulled them. I am tapering off because I want to be as clean as possible going into chemo in a week as and a half. Last day drinking as well. But.....I can now freely partake in edibles (no random drug tests for awhile Smiley).

I have hundreds of imetrix shots that still are the magic Bullet so will just liberally use those. Odds are I will most likely need some form of brain radiation at some point (very common metastasis spot). From a cancer point of view actually not scary. As a cluster headache cure? Maybe I could be a case study.....

Wishing you the best. So far (but early) Cluster headaches still the worst.....

Go Beavs

IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2020 at 5:22pm

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM EST Sorry to hear that you are stuck with the damn Cancer also. Unlike you mine has metastasized in the Lymph Nodes. The chemo treatment for me is not as aggressive as what you are going to go through. Hear is hoping that you go into regression after the first round.

Do you know if anyone is still selling O2 mask parts, for the OptiMask? I somehow got a hole in the bag. Had the damn thing for over ten years now and this is the first time something is wrong with it.

If you feel the need to talk to someone that can relate to the maximum suckage of Cancer give me shout. Just send me a DM and I'll give you my contact info.

Remember-Don't fear the Penguins. Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

zasso
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2020 at 6:59am

I wish you all the best and to win this cancer situation! everything will be fine  Wink PM me if you need to talk to smb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!