Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tapering off Verapamil before Coronavirus (Read 717 times)
NickG
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Tapering off Verapamil before Coronavirus
Mar 17th, 2020 at 7:21pm

Hi everyone, These days I get cluster headaches every 2 years or so for less than a month, and this time mine started about a month ago. I quickly started taking Slow Release (SR) Verapamil 240mg twice a day, which pretty much gets rid of them. Coronavirus is about to be a very big problem in my area, and I would like to make sure I am off any medication if I get it, especially since there's talk of anti-inflammatories making the virus worse, and Verapamil has anti-inflammatory effects. Since this is a new virus that we don't know much about, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

I swapped my evening dose of SR Verapamil 240mg to SR Verapamil 120mg on Saturday night, so I am now on 360mg a day. I was thinking of swapping my morning dose of SR Verapamil 240mg to SR Verapamil 120mg on Wednesday morning, which would take me down to 240mg a day. I would then like to wait another 4 days before dropping to 120mg a day, and then stopping completely 4 days after that. Is this too quick? Can I do it even quicker? Can anyone advise me how to taper off Verapamil quickly?

I have boxes of SR 240mg, SR 120mg, and non-SR 40mg pills.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2020 at 7:38pm by NickG »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Tapering off Verapamil before Coronavirus
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2020 at 8:18pm

I'd suggest a quick chat with your local chemist/pharmacist as they know so much about this sort of thing.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!