Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Emgality (Read 1031 times)
Kat92
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Emgality
Jul 8th, 2020 at 4:44pm

Hey all!

Just went for a follow up with my neurologist today and he gave me the two injections for emgality to take home.  I have not taken it, and I do not plan to quite yet because I have not read promising things when it comes to emgality and clusters.  I feel like it is one of those imitrex situations.  Makes next cycles longer, more painful, etc.  Anyone on here care to share their experiences with it?

Kat

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Emgality
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2020 at 5:06pm

Kat,  if you scroll down the Medications Board you'll find another couple of threads below this one on just this subject.

Every little bit of extra info can only be good.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Re: Emgality
Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2020 at 8:30am

Hi Kat,

I have suffered with CH for 25 years (I'm 45 now)- and have been treating with Steroids for temporary relief + Verapamil + Imitrex + O2 - all at varying degrees throughout the years. D3, too, though didn't have as much luck as others.

Last July/August I was in a cycle that did not seem like it was going to end.

I got the Cluster dose of Emgality. After I took the first month's dose - for the next few days, I definitely recall the same number of hits, if not maybe more (?) - but following that, they tapered off. One every few days. After the second month of Emgality - they stopped.

I did not use Emgality for a 3rd month, and I actually tapered off my Verapamil, too. I have been pain free since about last September.

Could it be the Emgality? Could it be the cycle ended? I don't know, but I went from 4-6 CH a day to 1 to 0, right after I started Emgality.

That's my experience.

PS - other than a little pain from the auto injector, I had no noticeable side effects.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!