Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It's Been One Helluva Ride! (Read 1876 times)
AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
It's Been One Helluva Ride!
Nov 24th, 2020 at 4:28am

CH.com has been here for 18 years now,  though I’ve only been here for 16 of them,  and what a roller-coaster it’s been!!!

As I understand it,  some USAF bloke went searching for information about this dread disease but couldn’t find any so he created this web-site we’ve all come to know and love.

The result to date is huge and massive improvements in our number-one attack weapon  -  Oxygen  -  which we now do at super-high pressure through a dedicated mask with sophisticated breathing techniques.  The results are astonishing.

The dreadful cost of Imitrex has been slashed due to the little tricks learned here and we even have a sister-site showing terrific results using a certain brand of mushrooms.  The man who first suggested this was pretty much laughed out of court but went on happily to prove his point  -  to the delight of many.

So many other treatments have been enhanced or thrown out and even ice-packs have their own name here  -  “Frozen peas are my friends!”

Various folk have caused us all manner of problems at different times,  and not just the trolls or those who’d sell us goji berries at a million bucks an ounce,  but there were some who believed they were bigger than ch.com.

One even managed to get the whole place shut down for a fortnight while another kept up his snide remarks to the point where many sufferers simply left the board or chose not to post here at all.  Happily the PM system within our little site,  along with private emails,  allowed such disenfranchised victims to seek our help privately.

Thankfully such tactics haven’t been necessary for a long, long time.

Nowadays of course we have the wonders of the Vitamin D regimen which was adopted and adapted by our good friend Batch who extrapolated it to the nth degree.

Success rates are beyond all dreams!

Even more important than all the wonderful techniques that have been variously invented or massively improved here at ch.com is the camaraderie,  the friendship,  the mutual support that leaves every sufferer and supporter knowing they’re not alone.

I truly believe it was the loneliness,  the isolation,  the total lack of understanding that may have been my downfall had I not found this place when I did.

There’s been some terrific highlights,  of course,  with one of them being the  “Dopiest Responses to CH”  thread on the CH Specific board.  Ten pages of the greatest laughter and tears about the problems we see daily caused by those who could never conceive our pain.

Without doubt the most profound explanation of our troubles was never written by a ClusterHead at all,  but by the world’s greatest Supporter.  In writing to another Supporter who was brand new to this nightmare she said,  “They go to a place we can’t access,  nor ever hope to understand.”

Not one of us could have said it better.

Times change,  people change and the world carries on regardless,  but I can’t begin to imagine how many lives have been changed  - or saved  -  thanks to our little ch.com.

That's why I reckon now is a good time to pour a nice cold drink and toast the damn fine health of the man who created all of this for us.

I think his name is DJ.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: It's Been One Helluva Ride!
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 4:37am

Outstanding post Brian.

Good on ya mate.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 11:49am

Thank you, Brian.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 9:15am

Well said...as usual.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2020 at 1:10am

Smiley

Mark

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2020 at 4:42pm

Brian.....THANK YOU!!  Smiley

It makes me quite happy that this site still exists as a great resource for CH'ers all around the world. There really is no way to measure the amount of good DJ has accomplished here. And like all families, it goes through changes. But having been around during more tumultuous times, I don't regret those times either. People were able to get to know each other beyond just the pain stuff. The laughs I experienced here were healing. The loss of that healing humor was the price paid for capitulation to hurt feelings.

I won't make too fine a point, but this community has been here since April of 1998. I joined just over 21 years ago, back when DJ had to post individual emails, turning them into conversations. Here is a link to those archives. Check them out-quite fun to see how it all started.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take care,
Patti

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 10:57am

This place really saved my life too. For some reason I haven't been able to log in for several months?? Probably operator error.

And I've been here since Nov of 98. It's so different today. I can remember waiting till DJ updated the board to see what everyone was doing - several times a day.

But the friendships we made here (and in person at conventions and meet and greets are priceless. Never met a stranger.

Bless DJ for this board.

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 3:19pm

BarbaraD wrote on Jan 28th, 2021 at 10:57am:
This place really saved my life too.

And I've been here since Nov of 98. It's so different today. I can remember waiting till DJ updated the board to see what everyone was doing - several times a day.

But the friendships we made here (and in person at conventions and meet and greets are priceless. Never met a stranger.

Bless DJ for this board.

AGREED 100 %...

Hi Barbara, and everyone else...its good to see some of the old timers checking in...Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

Kate in Oz
CH.com Hall of Famer

Australia
Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:31pm

Thank you Brian.  Well said.

This place has saved lives and our sanity I'm sure. 

It's so good to have somewhere to come where people understand, and sometimes even know your name.

Thank you so much DJ and all here who have kept the fire burning all these years.

This place is something special for sure.

IP Logged

Langa
CH.com Alumnus

So many donuts, such little
time...

x0||USA|usa|0|0|NJ,New_Jersey
Reply #9 - Jul 20th, 2021 at 7:42am

Wonderful post!!!  Thank you Brian.

And thank you DJ.

Langa

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!