Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Member (Read 580 times)
HeloPilot
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Mar 26th, 2021 at 8:27pm

Hello everyone, 10 year sufferer of CH. Im 32 and for the first 10 years I just dealt with these horrible headaches. I have episodic clusters and for the most part come for 4-6 weeks then complete disappear. I went the last 2 years PF, and as of 2 weeks ago there back with a vengeance. This time I needed to take action to get this under control.

I saw my PCP and he put me on Verapamil 80 MG x 3 a day
and Ketorolac 10mg. All seemed well for 3 days with only minor shadows pain of 1 or 2 than all last week it seemed to stop working. Now everynight 30 min to an hour after I lay down I get a major attack. Pain 8 to 9 on the kip scale lasting around 2 hours with pain radiating to the back of the neck. It completely puts me on my ass.

I went back to my PCP this morning and got put on prednisone 20mg 9 day treatment, and got 2 imitrex injections 4mg ( I read those were best so I asked for those).

I have a couple questions to get me going here so any help would greatly appreciated.

Is the current medication Im taking on the right track of getting this under control?

Is there a list of the vitamin D3 regimen so I know what to get. Ive seem to come across a few different post with different recommendations. ( Im on day 3 of taking 50,000 IU of D3 but thats all)

Is vitamin D2 as effective as D3?

Any advice or tips on how to maximize the effectiveness of all this is greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone looking forward to opening up some dialog.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Re: New Member
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 10:23pm

...hi HP...glad ya found us...

...where's the OXYGEN?....saved my sanity perhaps my life....15-25+ lpm, non rebreather mask, hyperventilation with intent or slow breathing or breath and hold, or combo....an energy drink at first sign of hit helped it work much better for me...sometimes was all that was needed....

...if you are gonna stick with/give verapamil a good try that's a low dose ...sweet spot reported as 480 mg/dy of divided dose immediate release. anything less or sustained release was useless for me and others..went up to 1040 in high cycle. many docs reluctant to go this high as is much more than needed for bp control, but clusterheads tolerate well. lots of water and fiber to prevent constipation and ECG baseline and when upping dose a wise precaution, as reversible heart rhythm disturbance a potential side effect...

...cannot find current D3 regimen link...am sure someone will be along with same...but D3 more bioavailable than D2....

best

jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: New Member
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 11:36pm

Here ya go! You need to take vitamin D3, not vitamin D2.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2021 at 11:48pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!