Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rent/Buy O2 tank with regulator, Washington State (Read 477 times)
Nicolás
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Santiago, Chile / Seattle, USA
Rent/Buy O2 tank with regulator, Washington State
Mar 16th, 2022 at 9:00pm

Hello friends,

I have a few doubts regarding O2 therapy at home here in the U.S.

I've been living in Seattle for more than a year. Since October 2021, I'm renting a M60 tank with regulator from Norco Medical.

The EOB (Explanation of Benefits) from my insurance (Premera), states that each month:

• $ 327   Amount billed
  • $-175   Network discount
  • $-136   Coverage after deductible

So, I'm paying $16 per month, until my deductible resets in April 2022.

Are these reasonable figures?

If I'm not wrong, next month, when my deductible resets, I'll have to pay around $152 just for renting an O2 tank.

What are your experiences regarding this?
Should I rather buy a tank with regulator?

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Re: Rent/Buy O2 tank with regulator, Washington State
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2022 at 1:49am

....Hi Nicolas..

...i would call all the providers in the area and check their rates for various insurance companies (can be vastly different) AND a sit down with store manager (got to know each one so they had a face/person instead of a number to deal with, to determine charges for self pay). over 30 yrs i used Seattle Lincare (Sodo last i checked) and my insurance provider changed about 7 or 8 times. when they didn't cover  O2 (2 or 3, appeal denial vociferously and diligently if it happens) i self payed and it turned out to be same as copay with insurance. early on, and they may balk now, i bought my own regulator (amazon), masks (here), e tank cart, and 1
e tank. never lease any of these if you can help it. did my own pickup/returns of m-60 and e-tanks which endeared me to shop. if you get deliveries became very friendly with the driver (tips are nice) these folks frequently are your best friends at the O2 shop and will care more about you than most office staff (except for the great techs in back room). extra tanks, washers, tubing and special deliveries being not uncommon...

best

jon
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2022 at 1:52am by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

neorunner650
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Rent/Buy O2 tank with regulator, Washington State
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2022 at 10:59pm

I've had terrible service from Norco with them fraudulently billing my insurance for items they didn't provide.  When I called to complain they transferred all over the country and when finally got a supervisor they double downed on their fraud.  Use a different company.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!