Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Affordable demand valve? (Read 399 times)
slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Affordable demand valve?
Aug 31st, 2023 at 12:55am

Anyone have any recommendations for a decently priced demand valve?

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Re: Affordable demand valve?
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2023 at 1:59pm

Most new ones will run you 350 to 400 bucks...Ebay can be a source of used units.

There are cheaper ways to get high flow..... You can get a regulator from W.T. Farley that will flow 40LPM for $123.00. It's a rare person that can outrun that flow rate.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you really want a demand valve here is one that would work well for you: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2023 at 1:11am

Thanks Racer.  Conserving O2 would also be another reason I'm looking into a demand valve.

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2023 at 6:04pm

Racer1_NC wrote on Aug 31st, 2023 at 1:59pm:
Most new ones will run you 350 to 400 bucks...Ebay can be a source of used units.

There are cheaper ways to get high flow..... You can get a regulator from W.T. Farley that will flow 40LPM for $123.00. It's a rare person that can outrun that flow rate.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you really want a demand valve here is one that would work well for you: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hey Racer, do I really need a demand valve that accomodates up to 120 LPM or would this 40 LPM one suffice since's $100 cheaper?

pm-o2-hose/

Also, would both of those demand valves work with this regulator that I already have?

« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2023 at 6:05pm by slacker032 »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2023 at 10:45pm

Just out of interest,  Slacker,  have you checked out the  Oxygen Info  button over on the left?  It includes lots of excellent stuff on different ways to set things up.

I re-read it just recently and was delighted with how informative it is.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2023 at 8:02pm

AussieBrian wrote on Sep 4th, 2023 at 10:45pm:
Just out of interest,  Slacker,  have you checked out the  Oxygen Info  button over on the left?  It includes lots of excellent stuff on different ways to set things up.

I re-read it just recently and was delighted with how informative it is.

Yep, I have read it.  Agree that it's got some great info.

IP Logged

austindh
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2023 at 8:04am

in the wt farley link posted above by Racer1_NC,

What are the "optional 50 PSI auxiliary port" and the "metal T screw"?

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2023 at 6:04pm

If you look at the illustration on their website, that "t screw" option is to replace the green plastic tightening screw handle on the right side with a metal one.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!