Re: Sufferer of Sufferee

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]

Posted by Nimlock on September 09, 1998 at 08:28:25:

In Reply to: Sufferer of Sufferee posted by Sharon Brunk on September 05, 1998 at 23:43:09:

Hi Sharon -

I was in the military when my clusters started &
got the quiet dismissal. They didn't ask me to
re-enlist & instead sent me over to sick bay where
the doctor gave me a VA medical card, Honorable
discharge, & told me that when I get home, I
would be taken care of.My clusters were not even
considered for compensation but I can at least
get treatment from the VA hospital free of charge.
That doesn't help much in keeping a job.
Your husband should demand to see a neurologist
& make sure he gets a VA medical card before his
enlistment is up.
personally, I think that if we were not good enough
to be kept in the military, then we should be qualified
for some type of compensation, even if it is retraining
in a job where we could work around our cluster cycles.
I wish you all the luck & have your husband check into
Imitrex Injections.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]