Posted by Dave W (184.108.40.206) on January 28, 2000 at 10:27:16:
In Reply to: Weekend Discussions begins! Topic 2 posted by Elaine on January 28, 2000 at 07:30:04:
I really hate having to explain my bottle of oxygen to everybody, and I especially hate having to explain why I'm laying on the floor with my chair on my head, screaming, when somebody walks in and finds me that way.
I tried posting a leaflet outside my office door, even added a "please take one" brochure with the medical info from this site. They walk right past it. The only relief I've achieved is by posting a big-ass sign with the following text:
FAQ's about Dave's Office -- PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING!!!!
1. Yes, that's an oxygen bottle in there.
2. No, I don't have emphysema
3. No, oxygen doesn't give you a buzz
4. No, you can't huff on it for a minute anyway
5. Yes, if I'm on the floor whimpering or screaming I would most definitely rather that you came back later.
6. Yes, if I need an ambulance, I'll tell you so.
7. READ THE DAMNED BROCHURE ABOUT CLUSTER HEADACHES BEFORE YOU GO TELLING ME WHAT YOU ALWAYS DO WHEN YOU GET A BAD HEADACHE!!!
Thank you for your support.
Post a Followup