Posted by Flash (184.108.40.206) on February 23, 2000 at 07:14:32:
In Reply to: would you happen to know...? posted by Dave on February 23, 2000 at 06:36:24:
Fungis gives up it's contents to boiling water. If you boil normal edible mushrooms then all their vitamins and nutrients are left behind in the water; it would do you more good to drink the water than eat the boiled mushrooms!
With psychoactive fungis the same thing applies to the psychoactive compounds. They are left behind in the water. Liberty Cap gives you bad gas, so bad that it can cause stomach cramps. Boiling the Psilocybin out of the mushroom negates the need to consume the mushroom. Unfortunately some of the bad gas causing agents also make it into the water, but it's not as bad, so I assume that most of them are integral to the actual flesh of the mushroom.
There is negliable difference in either CH preveting, or psychoactive effects between consuming raw mushrooms, or the water they were boiled in.
Post a Followup