Posted by Margi (188.8.131.52) on April 11, 2000 at 15:00:45:
In Reply to: simons headaches posted by Sherril on April 11, 2000 at 14:50:07:
Oxygen, Sherrill, oxygen!! We, too, have a fireplace and it made Mike's headaches MUCH worse when we were burning. Sucks all the O2 out of the room and if he would leave the room where the fireplace is, he would find almost immediate relief. Even though you say he had these h/a BEFORE you got a woodstove, they still react violently (negatively AND positively) to a change in O2 levels in the blood!!! I have seen Mike inhale O2 and abort an attack within 5-10 minutes.
Read ALL you can on oxygen therapy for clusters, read through the buttons on the left - I'm SURE you'll be able to get a script for this for Simon - scream the place down if you have to or take him to emerg and DEMAND they try it on him to see if if has an effect.
Sharpen your teeth, Mom, O2 could really help him!!
Post a Followup