Cluster Headaches

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]

Posted by John B ( on August 08, 2000 at 12:28:41:

In Reply to: My Demon posted by Bob Collins on August 08, 2000 at 11:31:45:

Hi, Bob,

Well, it sure sounds like you have cluster headaches, and that your doctor may not be very familiar with them. My advice would be to try to get a referral to a neurologist in your area that has treated CH patients before; is this possible? There are specific prevention treatments that your doctor could recommend to help prevent the headaches, besides the steroids. There are also other methods to abort the headaches, such as the use of oxygen.

Feel free to e-mail me to discuss your situation if you wish. The most important first step is to try to find a doctor in your area that is familiar with CH, or is willing to take the time to do the research to learn all about them. We all know how frustrating it is to become the subject of seemingly endless "experiments" while a doctor tries first one drug then another. Many times there is no other way to find what will work for you, but there are certain drugs that have been found to be much more effective than others. Might as well try them first, no?

Glad you found; welcome, and good luck.
John B

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]