Posted by John Braganca (184.108.40.206) on August 08, 2000 at 19:33:19:
In Reply to: One good ramble......(statistics gurus take note, please) posted by Todd on August 07, 2000 at 23:06:23:
Ok, so let's say the facts are right. What do we get out of parading our plight before the world? Sympathy.? Ha! 15 minutes of fame?HA HA! AN avalanche of research dollars flooding into the lucrative cluster headache market? Ha!Public recognition that we are the most pain wracked people on the planet, a recognition which somehow buoys up our spirits in an age where victims/survivors can achieve celebrity status? (I'm holding my ribs, here.)
Not that I'm being sceptical or anything. But why does everyone else in the world have to know that I cry like a baby when, as Capra writes, the "huge phantom bird [sinks] three talons of its angry claws deeply into my head and face and [tries] to lift me?" That's kind of personal, don't you think.
But hey, not that I want to be the stick in the mud, you know. Some suggestions for raising public awareness:
1. Bumper stickers: "I'd rather not have a cluster headache"
2. CH pride parade
3. Take a clusterhead to work (and try and stimulate an attack for the amusement of your co-workers)
4. Adopt a clusterhead's medical bill programme
5. Clusterhead olympics (competitions could include banging heads against a wall, measuring intensity and frequency.)
6. Social activism: Clusterheads against cluster bombs.
Forgive me if I sound a little facetious.
Post a Followup