Two sources

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]

Posted by Bob Johnson ( on December 07, 2000 at 11:44:21:

In Reply to: Need help for father posted by Valenda on December 06, 2000 at 19:12:09:

The National Headache Foundation, 1/888-643-5552, will send a list of doctors, by state, who have self-identified themselves as being interested and experienced in treating headache.
I suggest using this source for several reasons: first, we have read several messages from people who, even seeing neurologists, are unhappy with the quality of care and ATTITUDES they have encountered; second, the clinical director of the Jefferson (Philadelphia) Headache Clinic said, in late 1999, that upwards of 40%+ of U.S. doctors have poor training in treating headache and/or hold attitudes about headache ("hysterical female disorder") which block them from sympathetic and effective work with the patient; third, it's necessary to find a doctor who has experience, skill, and a set of attitudes which give hope of success. This is the best method I know of to find such a physician.

www.HEADACHECARE.COM. See physician finder; limited listings.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]



Click Here!