Posted by Kevin (184.108.40.206) on February 16, 2001 at 18:25:19:
In Reply to: My doctor HUNG UP ON ME. Really. posted by Kevin on February 16, 2001 at 13:02:54:
I'm so happy with everybody's input, and I want to respond more specifically to all of the comments soon when I get the time, probably this weekend.
In the mean time, I thought I'd let you know what I got done today:
1. Finally spoke with the neurologist on the phone, and he seems pretty good; willing to authorize more coverage from my insurance, and he was quite incredulous about the treatment I got from my GP. They're part of the same physician's group, so I think he's going to have a talk with her. He also was willing to immediately prescribe more Imitrex, but since the ER doc took care of that yesterday I'm OK for now. Just waiting for the next available appointment with him.
2. I compiled a collection of relevant documentation from this very web site and others, as well as copies of the insert provided with the Imitrex, and faxed it to the doc. Stuff about the use and effectivity of the medication, etc.
3. I downloaded a complaint form from the Medical Board of California, and will be filling that out and mailing it this weekend.
4. I started the process with my ins. co. of changing my primary physician.
5. I found a symathetic group of people who listens, understands and responds: you guys!!!
Thanks, talk to you soon!
Post a Followup