Posted by Ebonius (220.127.116.11) on March 20, 2001 at 12:05:47:
Hi, I just found this site this morning after yet another night of waking up from a sound sleep with a splitting headache. For all of you who are in the know, here is what my headache is like:
1. It is only on the left side of my head.
2. It seems to originate just behind my left eye.
3. The pain seems to have a "path" that runs from my left eye all the down my neck and left shoulder.
4. While this headache normally strikes at about 2 in the morning, it can happen at other times as well
5. During the day, if I sneeze or cough, I might get a stabbing pain behind my left eye that almost drops me to the floor in excruciating headache pain that then either goes away in five minutes, or starts a whole new headache episode that can last for hours.
What's driving me nuts about this is that I never was a headache sufferer before! I'm 53 and in otherwise good health. At first, I wanted go get a CAT scan or MRI to see if I had a tumor or something. But maybe it's not that at all. Maybe it's a cluster headache. All responses to this message will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Post a Followup