[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]
Help us fight Cluster Headaches! Visit the O.U.C.H. Website!

Posted by Cranpain ( on March 21, 2001 at 14:16:17:

In Reply to: new to the site, but not new to CHs posted by Robin on March 21, 2001 at 13:08:08:

First, see a good neurologist. Ask if he/she is familiar with cluster headaches. Get a good diagnosis. Once your real problem is determined (sounds like clusters to me, but I'm no MD), then the proper treatment can begin. There are many different treatments. Some of the more common drugs mentioned on this board are Verapamil, lithium, neurontin, topomax, etc. Oxygen is widely used to alleviate the critical pain of an attack. All of these treatments require a doctor's prescription. But don't go any longer without seeing a knowledgable physician. The OUCH board has many doctors listed for many different areas that have been used by CH sufferers. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]



Click Here!