Posted by pinksharkmark (22.214.171.124) on April 20, 2001 at 13:55:00:
In Reply to: Waiting for shroomday posted by Thomas on April 20, 2001 at 12:07:57:
The simplest way is to dice them fairly finely (about 1/4 the size of a pencil eraser at least... smaller is better), mix them up in a blob of honey or molasses to disguise the taste, and swallow them down with 1000 mg of vitamin C, using a glass of orange juice or grapefruit juice or cranberry juice as a chaser.
Do not use peanut butter or yogurt or anything fatty, since the fat will interfere with the absorption process.
Some people will experience mild gastric distress if they eat the entire mushroom... the most commonly-mentioned symptom being gas. This is not a universal phenomenon, but it can be distracting if you turn out to be one who is susceptible to it. This is why some people extract the active ingredients (psilocybin and psilocin) into a "tea" and discard the solid mushroom pieces.
To make a tea, dice the dried mushroom pieces as mentioned above, bring a cup or so of water to a boil, and dump the chopped pieces into a small bowl or big cup. Remove water from heat, pour it over the pieces, and let it steep for about ten minutes, stirring every few minutes and mashing the pieces against the side or bottom of the bowl to extract all the goodies. DO NOT BOIL THE PIECES THEMSELVES! Excess heat will destroy the psilocybin and psilocin. Boil up another cup or so of water in the meantime.
Strain out all the mushroom debris from the first cup and set the tea aside to cool for a bit. Immediately pour the second cup of water over the soggy pieces and repeat the extraction process. Combine the two cups, let the mixture cool (add an ice cube or two if you wish) till it is possible to drink it fairly rapidly, then drink it over a period of not more than ten minutes or so, again with 1000 mg of vitamin C. It is essential to get all the psilocybin into you within a very short time.
Whether you are eating them dry or taking them as a tea it is CRITICAL to do so on an empty stomach. This ensures complete and rapid absorption of the psilocybin and minimizes any potential stomach upset. No food at all for two hours before dosing, and it is a good idea not to eat anything fatty in the meal before dosing. You can eat again about an hour and a half after consuming the mushrooms, if you feel hungry. It is unlikely that food will interest you very much if you decide to take the entire 2.5 grams, though.
Glad to hear you got your medicine, Thomas. Please keep us informed of your progress.
Post a Followup