Posted by Ike (126.96.36.199) on June 08, 2001 at 18:32:06:
In Reply to: thanks for the answers... posted by pinksharkmark on June 08, 2001 at 13:12:38:
1. From the time I received the kit, it was approx. two weeks before the Myce-stuff grew all around. After it turned white all over, I crumbled it up again, flattened it out in the bag, and lay the bag flat on the floor to get indirect light. It was about another week to ten days before the shrooms started to grow. From the time I saw the first one, it was about another 10 days until I harvested the first time.
2. Using a less than perfect set of scales(mail/pot scales), I estimate I got 12 grams dry from the first flush. Understand that I have TWO kits, so I guess it was about 6 grams dry per bag.
3. I reclosed the bags by following the instructions about cleaning the hands and arms all the way up to the elbow. This will help prevent contamination. Both bags have "recovered"(mycileum(sp) has spread through out the substrate and more little shrooms are forming. I doubt I get another 6 grams dry from each bag, but it looks like I could get as much as 3 per bag.
4. The only difficulty was keeping my wife from running over them with the vaccum. She would forget they were there. She didn't mess them up though, just dislodged a little of the substrate on the edges. It IS a no-brainer. The only thing is the waiting. A watched pot never boils, and I guess a watched kit never flushes. Actually, you just have to watch for the substrate to turn white(not snow white all over necessarily) so you can go to step two, which is crunching it up and putting it in a room with indirect light.
5. I don't know how to take a spore print yet. If I can't find them in a pasture somewhere, I guess I will have to learn how. I drove past a hundred pastures today, and in every one there was mushrooms growing. I didn't stop to look at them, but I am sure some had to be p. cubewhatevers.
Did I answer everything? Let me know if I left anything out.
ps. I found another clusterhead today in the Birmingham area. He goes to the same Doc as I do, but he wants to try the shroom treatment. I have directed him to www.erowid.com and to this page to get some info. Should he post, looking for directions to the shroom info, I hope someone will help him find the info. I am just not very good at this computer thing yet.
Keeping the Faith,
Post a Followup