Posted by rebecca roberts (184.108.40.206) on June 18, 2001 at 19:46:22:
hi. i'm writing because i think my husband gets clusters. just want to ask a question or two.
he does have:
1. one sided headaches that "he always thought were sinus related" because of stuffiness and puffiness
2. he does get them about the same time every night-before bed time
3. he does prefer to move around
4. they only seem to last 1 hour give or take 30 minutes(though i always medicate them immediately so i can't say for sure if they leave of their own accord or meds-i've given darvocet or celebrex)
1. seem paralyzed by the pain but he ranks it up there(6 or 7-which i guess follows the kip scale)
2. oh, i forget
okay. i suffer migraines (which evolve). when they first started, they would respond to nsaids and/or caffeine, they weren't brain crushers. now they don't respond and they are brain crushers. are clusters similar in that respect(in that they evolve)? essentially the only thing that stops me from declaring him a clusterer and sending him to the neuro is the descriptions i've read of pain unlike anything(it doesn't seem to be quite that bad) and the fact that they may have responded to celebrex.
you're input would be appreciated. and i used his e-mail if anyone wants to write to him directly.
Post a Followup