Posted by Flash (18.104.22.168) on September 04, 2001 at 03:08:51:
In Reply to: All this LSD..... posted by TerryS on September 03, 2001 at 09:21:50:
Th effects of LS are very well. It is an extremely safe drug. What determines whether a drug kills you is how toxic it is. LSD is significantly less toxic than caffiene. This coupled with the fact that it is used is doses 10000 times smaller (because it is so psychoactive), makes it the safest treatment available for CH.
LSD and shrooms being illegal in YOUR country is not my problem. Substances are not aware of their legal status. Virtually everything we come into contact with is chemically based. Only a few are not naturally occuring (Plutonium for instance). Magic mushrooms occasionally grow in my garden. LSD, like aspirin, is a second generation plant extract.
LSD is a very misunderstood drug. One of these reasons for this is because despite being classified as not very toxic it is extremely potent. Imagine the effect if you ingested 10000x your normal dose of caffiene or alcohol. You'd die. In the case of LSD you would escape badly frightened but unharmed. That is the problem with something so potent.
There has never been a death from LSD poisoning. Virtually every death indirctly attributed to LSD ingestion is suspect. There are 2 famous cases of people jumping out of windows however in one case no traces of LSD were found in the autopsy, the girl involved's parent created the story in order to explain why she killeedd herself. In the other instance the guy was unwittingly spiked with an extremely high dose of LSD by the CIA some months prior to jumping. The guy was unaware he had been spiked and thought he had gone insane - that's why he jumped. Most other stories relating to people jumping out of windows are either mythical, or related to PCP ingestion. PCP is an entirely different drug.
To the best of my knowledge the only likely cause of death from LSD ingstion is going swimming at sea whilst under the influence.
Post a Followup