Posted by pinksharkmark (18.104.22.168) on September 08, 2001 at 21:09:49:
In Reply to: It didn't effing well work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! posted by Jayne on September 08, 2001 at 18:27:27:
Jayne, I am sorry to have to tell you that your report is a classic account of how NOT to dose with mushrooms. I am not surprised there was not much result. Not your fault, I know... you were just following a friend's advice.
First of all, the mushrooms must all be consumed within a very short period of time, not spread out over an evening. See my post titled "Shutting the Door". Secondly, they should be taken on an empty stomach, and certainly NEVER with foods containing fat, such as chocolates or peanut butter. Thirdly, there was no way of even guessing what weight was involved.
Something else, if they were actually encased in melted chocolate, the odds are that the heat involved degraded the active ingredients to some extent.
It could be that they actually started out as being extra-potent mushrooms, but your friend's prescribed method of ingesting them nullified 90% of the goodies.
Best thing to do is to get your hands on some more mushrooms (not mushroom bon-bons) and do it yourself.
I will post separately my recipe for the ultimate mushroom tea.
Post a Followup