Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 1:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Iraq »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Iraq
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Iraq  (Read 1935 times)
SteveY
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

Pain is a state of mind, my mind says it F** Hurts

srichards1958
Email

Iraq
« on: Aug 6th, 2002, 7:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is a political post, not sure its allowed but here goes.

The view generally in the UK is that all avenues be explored before a war with Iraq sorry Saddam is begun.

UN weapons inspectors in etc etc.

In the UK we only hear the views of the extremities of American opinion i.e Nuke 'em and don't do anything.

My question is what are the views of 'Middle America'

I apologise if this post upsets anyone, but for me another September 11 must be avoided at all costs.

My own view is explore options, but if there is any doubt as to Saddam having a strike capability, he should be taken out ASAP.  

Just interested in what 'normal Americans' think.  

PFDAN

Steve
IP Logged
don

Email

Re: Iraq
« Reply #1 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 7:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Simple.

Reverse the non elimination policy of the CIA, take out Sadam quickly and quietly and topple the regime.

Should take about one week.

Remember the Iraqi army surrendering to news reporters? Read between the lines.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2002, 7:36am by don » IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 8:07am »

I personally hate war and would love to avoid it all costs.

Unfortunately.... our world doesn't work that way.

If Saddam is going to kill innocent people then he needs to be stopped.

I am definately not for nuclear strikes (too hard on the rest of the world and the innocent people).  But Saddam needs to be stopped if there is a chance he will do anything.

Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 10:08am »

I agree with Mark, nuclear weapons should be banned from the planet, the possibility of a preemptive strike and a retalitorial strike are all together too real, and the damage to the planet is on a scale with a new Ice Age.
    We have the technology and manpower to go in and take him out physically and the longer we wait the stronger  his chances are of obtaining both nuclear and biological weapons of mass destruction.
     This is reminnecent of Viet Nam to me, Pacification zones and the like, many many friends of mine died needlessly there because the government never put forward an effort to win the war, only to sustain it until a dipomatic decision could be made to abandon those innocent people that made the mistake to depend on the strongest free nation in the world to defend them and save them from a life of communistic tyriany.
 Suddam has proven time and time again that he will continue in his avenue to kill all of us infidel dogs. In the name of a god? I just don't understand why we didn't finish the objective in the first go round, because as sure as the sun rises we will have to return to do it all again, and in the meantime we are allowing him to dictate to us the conditions by which he will try to destroy us, keep waiting and he will gain an advantage that will make Sept 11th look like a celebration!
    Just my humbol opinion  %100 disabled Viet Nam Veteran  John J Hallahan III  aka Pappy Undecided
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 10:30am »

I say kill the bastard.  

We can sort out the names later.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 11:38am »

The more I think about this the more I'm inclined to let the bastard live and allow him to annihilate the mid east. As long as he does not touch American soil, ignore him. I can't see spending the $$$, time, and American lives to remove him. If we do remove him, who then, will run the country? His brother? I think the US would have a moral responsibiltiy to help with some form of government but I do not want to see our tax dollars spent there. We can be much more productive with $$$ spent on US soil. On the other hand, he does have biological and chemical weapons and is feverishly trying to develop nuclear weapons. He has destroyed his own people. Do we wait a few years as we did with Hitler? Tough questions. --Another veteran--TomM--
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
gtarman

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 1:52pm »

Pappy-
If we DO go in there, we'll need a better plan than we had in 'Nam, for sure. We sure as hell don't need to have, as Country Joe Mcdonald put it so long ago,  "your boy come home in a box" unless we get the job done right, completely, and quickly.
We bailed out too early last time because of political/oil considerations and to not piss off countries like Saudi Arabia, who can all kiss my ass. However, I think we should take Saddam up on his site inspection offer before going to war. This is how we do it:
We want to inspect site A. Saddam says no, we can't inspect that site. OK, we say, no problem. Then about 15 minutes later, site A goes KA-BOOM! Then we say, OK, we wanna inspect site B...
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 2:50pm »

All of this will be determined by how many countries we 1) want to piss off. 2) care whether we piss them off. 3) how high we can go on gasoline (crude oil) costs.  

Jordan is one of very few allies we have over there but from what I've read and watched, they won't be too happy about us marching in the sand so close to them. Sadam may be a egomaniac dictator from our vantage point but let us not forget he is one of the mideasts' brethren.  

GtarMan, your plan to inspect Iraq's sites is good but dangerous. We really need to WORLD community behind us before we march "Over hill, over dale". I just wish the UN had bigger balls...I mean guns. My biggest concern is the waste of American lives. Nothing is more precious than the life of a loved one. Sending people to battle is easy to do from the comfort of your living room in front of your big screen TV. I'm a veteran but have never been to war. From what I've been told by vets I know who have been to war, it's friggin' nasty.
--TomM--
IP Logged

--Thoreau--
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 3:02pm »

I like your inspection idea, gtarman, but I agree with TomM's reservations...

And it simply isn't good policy to go invading any country we don't happen to like...especially if there hasn't been a direct and overt attack on us...turning on a radar station is NOT an attack...Wily ol' Saddam just likes to see us fire off millions of dollars worth of missiles to blow up some old obsolete radar set.

And sorry Bob, but asassination is not good foreign policy. Tends to blow back on ya. Some say our attempts to assassinate Fidel resulted in the death of JFK...I know, just conspriacy nuts, but are you sure they're wrong?

My conspiracy theory of the week...somebody's polls are dropping and a nice war would boost them back up...

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 4:09pm »

The sun is just like his father; looking for the boost of popularity except he is not quite as bright.
--TomM--
IP Logged

--Thoreau--
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #10 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 6:20pm »

OK OK bottom line on the Iraq situation.

#1 Only 18% of the oil that the U.S consumes is from the middle east.

#2 I watch TV and see the people cheering in the streets for this Mother Fucker . scuse the language.

#3 The only reason that they are cheering for this not a very nice person is because he has them convinced that we are the enemy. (Sanctions etc.)  They are friggin starving and the children are not getting the medical attention that they deserve (Because of him) but then again neither are most of us clusterheads. Most of the people of Iraq are ignorant of the real situatuin because all they know is what they are told. i.e the U.S is the devil etc. I say "Lets inject a CH into this not a very nice persons cranium and see how long he lasts" I give him 10 minutes and he'll be screaming for Allah to take him to his 72 virgins.  I'm in no way way trying to make fun of anyones religion, but anyone who kills people in the name of religion is one sick person.

#4 If it costs me another 18% for gas just to get rid of this idiot, It'll be worth it.

#5  Drastic times call for drastic measures. Lets load up B-52's with pork sausage and bars of Irish Spring and drop it on  Iraq. LMAO End of discussion... "Kind of a peaceful solution anyway!"

Seeya,

Jimbo
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
2late
New Board Hall of Famer

Ride Free..Pain Free

Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 6:36pm »

the sick bastard needed taken out 10 years ago,not only is Iraq a terrorist breeding ground,I think we'll all find out he had something to do with 9-11,he's also close to having nuke capability & he sure as hell will use it!!!
IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 7:20pm »

Yer right 2late.......And once he has the capability, there's no stopping him.  I just wonder who is his first target?

IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 7:21pm »

Yer right 2late.......And once he has the capability, there's no stopping him.  I just wonder who is his first target?

IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 7:41pm »

I saw the Doc today and got Imitrex, first time he gave that to me it should help me in Vancouver seeing that I wont have my 02. but then again I got tons of zomig.

Oppps!!!, wrong message board.....SORRY!!!!!

............jonny
IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 7:52pm »

Still glad to hear it jonny.................now Wake Up.

Love,
Donna
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 8:06pm »

Saddam only has to fire off a cruise missile. I don't know a way to stop one.  Maybe we can, but it’s doubtful. It may be like WWI, Inevitable. Damn sad state of affairs.  

I believe the first thing he will do if he can, is attack Israel. If he does, Sharon & company will not sit still.  This is different from last time. Once we get enough stuff there; and this kind of thing takes a lot of time,  I suspect we’ll use it.  I’m out of ideas.  

Really sad old Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
jonny

Email

« Reply #17 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 8:28pm »

"Now wake up"?, Donna

I didnt know this board was the CNN of the internet.

Kinda thought this MB was for information and support of CH.

Am I wrong?

I think you should wake up and bring this issue to where it belongs and that is not this fucking board.

Dont you agree?

.................jonny
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 8:33pm »

;D ;D Garsh TommyD,
     Don't you know anything about history, everyone knows that it was JFK's attitude towards Blacks and minorities that caused the good old boys to do him in,
     I'd almost bet the farm that LBJ and his henchmen set JFK up and used Martin Luther King as a skathgoat to take the blame for it!
     I wasn't very old when all of this crap went on but I remember the day JFK was assinated like it was yesterday, I cried real tears in open for the first time ever on that day, and the more closely I looked the more it smacked of a conspirisay and coverup!
      JFK let Fidel know he meant business about pulling the missles out of there positions that's all!    Pappy Shocked
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2002, 8:35pm by sailpappy » IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #19 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 8:42pm »

OK jonny, sometimes (?) I'm pretty dense.  Now I get your point.  You just have to spell it out to me, like you did.
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #20 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 8:47pm »

Shut up, Donna.

You know I love ya.

.....................jonny
IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #21 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 8:54pm »

Saddham is one person I might wish clusters on!
It might slow him down a little.

Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 9:13pm »

;D ;D OK Jonny,
     So we drifted a little off the subject of clusters to hemmeroids, that aint not reason you ya to make Ms. Donna feel like the heel, she didn't start the thread Dude!
     Look at it like this, reverse clusters, instead of talking about a cure we are talking about a way to cause someone to get them! Severe chronic like 20 a day with an alergy to every known medication except maybe a Black Beret's Bullet to the old frontal lobe! You know one of those armour peircing 2000pound one's
        Pappy
so like STFU Dude!
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2002, 9:16pm by sailpappy » IP Logged
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #23 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 11:41pm »

The fact that the world does not isolate this evil being says a great deal about the nature of us humans. Self interest is deeply rooted; looking after the well-being of others is a saintly act. Kinda like what we do for each other on this board. PFDAN "all"
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #24 on: Aug 6th, 2002, 11:56pm »

Far be it for me to ever get into a political discussion on this board. But I figured I'd join in anyway, completely lost on how Jonny made Donna feel like a heel. The point has been made that if we go in there a lot of other nations, such as Jordan, will be upset (relying on the words they give to supporters) and we'll be seen as colonialists if we do. BUZZ. That's like saying back when Israel bombed the shit out of an Iraqi reactor where they were developing nukes back in the 80s, and the whole world officially condemned Israel, once again, meant it, that unofficially they weren't happy that they took that weapons power plant out. Here it will be the same thing. The world is looking towards the hegemonic power to do what needs to be done. Sure they'll condemn us, officially. But the reality is they want us to do it too. Back to Jordan. We aren't going to invade, conquer and implement a western-type nation there. We'll do the job, get small-nuked for doing what no other nation has the balls to do, and Jordan will have a good say how the next regime is put in place and who it will be. For that reason alone they back it, unofficially.
 We've been starving the children of Iraq and negating their ability to recieve medical care. Bullshit. We've been saying follow the rules of the world. He says no and tells the world our sanctions kills millions of children. Well, they do. And that is literally depressing. Why does he need to let those children suffer and die to protect his nuclear weapon program. If he's willing to allow so many children to die so he can avoid weapons inspectors, if he's willing to slaughter so many children with his biological weapons that he's used, what is the argument against taking him out? That Americans will come back in body bags? Is it preferable that the same people and many others die right here in our own country for any reason? Is it better that they don't come home in body bags but are already home when they're stuffed into it?  
 I say go after him. Stop this insanity once and for all. But this time let CNN and the rest in. I am calling for a massive war and sending in troops to do it. I'm also calling on our press to go in and tell me and show me JUST what the costs of me advocating it means. No more "precise bombing" news coverage is allowed!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss