Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 5:57pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sick and Tired »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sick and Tired
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sick and Tired  (Read 1253 times)
Night_Owl
New Board Newbie
USA 

over the stars

Email

Sick and Tired
« on: Aug 15th, 2002, 10:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am so tired of this.  I am in the 10th grade and can barely make it through the school year.  My CH's occur all of the time.  It never goes away.  Most of the time it is about a 3, but then every night it gets pretty bad.  I missed 20 days of school last year, and can't afford to do it again this year.  Nothing helps.  I take 3200 ml. of Motrin a day just so I can get through school.  When I come home I lock myself in my room and punch my punching bag until my knuckles bleed.  I get 4 maybe 5 hours of sleep a night.  I don't even remember falling asleep most of the time, I guess I just cry till I do.  My mom thinks I'm over-reacting.  She is busy with her work most of the time, travels a lot.  I don't tell my dad much, he worries.  My teachers just think I am depressed and nuts.  They mistake being in a bad mood with trying to stay concious.  And anyway, who wouldn't be depressed?  It really bugs me when people pretend to know what it's like.  They have know idea.  Thanks for reading.  

Night_Owl
IP Logged

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."
Drk^Angel

Email

Re: Sick and Tired
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 10:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome to the board!  Sorry that the beast is using your cranium as a punching bag, and has broken glass glued to his gloves.  What you need is to have your parents find you a good neuro, so you can get on some proper cluster meds.  Good luck!

PFDAN...................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 10:41pm »

Night Owl:

Please read all the information available at this website.  Use the buttons on the left to help.  

Most of the people at this website (including myself) were at the SAME PLACE you are now.  It is important for you to not be overwhelmed by the lack of understanding and knowledge of family/teachers.  Print out everything you find here.  Give to family and teachers (guidance counselor?).  You are NOT alone.  It can get better RIGHT NOW.

I wish you much luck.  The headaches are God Awful.  But the lack of understanding you encounter is what really can trip you up.  

Please stick around and be strong.  Need help?  We are here!
Smiles, Kim
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 10:45pm »

Welcome to our world. You are not alone and everyone here knows, really knows that this has nothing in common with other headaches. They have been called suicide headaches for a reason.  Anyway, here is the link to Simon's letter from OUCH UK. He suggests printing it and many of us do as it's the best we have and it's great for friends, family, and in your case teachers:

http://www.ouch-uk.org/ch/note_colleagues.cfm

This next link is something learned from my old neurologist. It's supposed to be more effective for those with good circulation and that means young.  

http://www.chhelp.org/circ.html

Tell your mom that hundreds of people here who post on this board know you are not exaggerating. In my 56 years, nothing has been more painful.

If you keep reading, you'll likely find something here to help. It happens all the time. Good luck and keep in touch.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
CC

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 10:48pm »

Sorry to here that!! For what its worth, thats about the time i started getting my clusters.  I am 26 now and on some good medication that helps me through my bouts!! i was in your position with my parents thinking i was over reacting,  I actully suffered a good 3 or 4 years taking only advil and tylenol,  I finally broke down one day and told them if i dont get some help for these i may not want to live much longer, after that they sent me to neurologists all over the place and i finally got a hold of medication that works, Now i look back and cant believe i made it through those years without it. Basically what i am telling you is that if your parents wont listen, take it upon yourself to go to your doctor ALONE, tell him exactly whats going on and that u want to go to a neurologist.  If he has any brains he will refer you to one! TRUST ME, THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO HAVE TO SUFFER THROUGH THEM, THERE ARE GOOD MEDICATIONS OUT THERE THAT WILL GET YOU THROUGH YOUR DAYS!!!  SO GET YOUR HOPES UP!! IT WILL GET BETTER!!   You ever want to talk about it feel free to e-mail me anytime  cboc@sympatico.ca

Peace! Shocked
IP Logged
markdavid
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 11:00pm »

Welcome, lots of good Info. and great people on this site...   Get as much info as you can, get the right meds. there are some good ones out there now , were'nt when I had this shit in high school, wwwwhhhheeeeee  those were some fun times............welcome, good to have ya
PFDAN's
markdavid
IP Logged

Mark Hoebener
Melissa

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 15th, 2002, 11:12pm »

Hello Night Owl...

I know you are tired and hurting, but what these kind people have told you, is excellent advice.

I am concerned though, about the amount of motrin you've been taking.  Please do be careful with it, for ibuprofen (motrin) thins out the blood, and can give you incredible stomach pain, among other serious side effects, from bleeding.  (This has happened to me)  

Take care, and good luck!
Melissa
IP Logged
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 9:27am »

Oh night owl, do I hear your pain.  My ch started in 9th grade and hearing your story brings back many many memories.  High school sometimes got unbearable with the pain I endured.  And today there is no reason for you to have to go through the same as I did for so long. It was YEARS before I got any kind of actual help for my ch........PLEASE don't wait that long. There are too many helpful things out there for you.

If I'm figuring right....you're about the age of my son which is 15, which means you're old enough to insist upon getting some kind of help.  So read, read, read here all you can. Had the same attitude with my parents back when.  No need for that for you. Print whatever materials you can from here and then show it to your mom. It's likely she won't want to come to the puter to see...so make it your business to bring it to her.

Get to a doctor......even if they refuse to bring you to a neuro.....perhaps your doctor may still help once you bring along printed info from here too. I see only my family practioner so far and have much luck with that...so it's worth a try.

So wishing you much luck and success with some kind of treatment.......please keep us posted........Your family here cares!   Smiley

EDNA   pst....check your private message ok?
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 9:42am »

Be careful with Motrin. "During long-term therapy, kidney function should be monitored periodically, particularly in those patients at high risk for developing renal dysfunction. "
From this site:
http://www.rxmed.com/rxmed/b.main/b2.pharmaceutical/b2.1.monographs/cps- %20monographs/cps-%20(general%20monographs-%20m)/motrin.html

--TomM--

IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #9 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 10:59am »

Tell and show your folks about this site! They can ask us as many questions as they like. There is no reason you have to put up with this. Ignoring you and denial on their part is doing you absolutely no good. Three more things..

#1 GET TO A DOCTOR

#2 GET TO A DOCTOR

#3 GET TO A DOCTOR

P.S. Arm yourself with tons of info. from this site when you go see the doctor. Believe me there is nothing worse than a doctor ignorant to the reality of a CH.

Keep us informed. If your parents have email I'm sure some of the angels on this site would be glad to talk to them regarding your situation.

Seeya,

Jimbo..........
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Night_Owl
New Board Newbie
USA 

over the stars

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 3:24pm »

Hey,
Thankyou for all of your support.  I will have to figure out something.  I appreciate all of your concern.  The Motrin isn't working, so I have stopped that.  My bedroom wall is now a good make-shift med.  Thanks again.
IP Logged

jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #11 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 4:15pm »

Do your parents have medical insurance? If not, is that the reason that your pain is being dismissed? I am sorry, but I am starting to get a little pissed at the non-compassion by others for your pain.  AngryThere is nothing worse than ignorant people or doctors (Assuming that you have been to see one). or maybe your parents believe everything that he says, and nothing could be worse for you if he has no idea what you are going through! Someone, somewhere has got to try to help you! I don't care if you have to be beligerent with your parents but you have got to try to find a way to make them understand what the hell is going on! YELL IN THEIR EARS IF YOU HAVE TO!  Sorry for venting but I have been in a similar situation when I was younger and I guess your story just opened up an old wound from when I was younger.  

LET US KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!

Ventfully,

Jimbo..............
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Night_Owl
New Board Newbie
USA 

over the stars

Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 4:28pm »

Well my dad is military so we get free medical.  My mom just puts it off.  I have told her time and time again.  She pisses me off so bad sometimes.  Then what really makes me mad is when she says something like "oh my head hurts, I have to go lay down".   I am thinking well my head hurts too, and you have no damn clue.  But do I complain?  No, I suck it up and shut up about it.  ARGGH!  I feel better now.
IP Logged

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 4:56pm »

Hey I'm glad you have us to vent  to but you seriously need to get your mother and show her this board... My husband has CH and no one ever took him seriously either... we gotta get you through high school so you can help us cure this thing...You need a preventative and an abortive... I have overused the motrin too and ended up with early ulcer symptoms so that isnt a good idea... My two sons are in the military so I know you will have good medical care as long as you find a neuro that can grasp the intensity of and knows CH... keep coming here there are other young members of the board maybe you can ge them writing more and posting more frequently... thats a part of CH we dont get everyday.  "Going through the motions of adolescence with CLUSTER Headaches"... I barely made it through with Migraine... good luck... you have friends here Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 5:06pm »

No offense Night Owl, but your mom needs a swift kick to the arse.  When I was a kid, at least my parents believed my headaches were real, even if the doctors didn't want to.  My cussed out plenty of doctors when all they would say about me was that "Children don't get headaches."  Even at the time, that old wives tale was being disproved, but these damn GPs were too buzy collecting their patients money, and not enough time keeping up with the times.  I personally went way too long without a proper diagnosis, or treatment, and know how hard it can be to deal with things.  Grade school was bad, high school was worse, but if you plan to go to college, you're going to find it damn near impossible to study with a kip10 scrambling your brain.  The sooner you find a treatment that works, the better you'll be in the long run.  Good luck!

PFDAN............................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Night_Owl
New Board Newbie
USA 

over the stars

Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 5:12pm »

I know how that is.  I used to get migraines too.  Not for long, a couple years.  I still get em every once in a while, but not nearly as frequently as CH's.  Speak of the devil, here he comes.  They are more frequent now, and come earlier.  This really sucks man.  
IP Logged

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 5:17pm »

Why if there are so many of you ... CANT WE WOOP SOME CH  ARSE as you put it Drk???? there are almost 2000 members of this site... lets get loud and mean... I want to see in my life time an end to this maddness...

another pissed off moment from REE  I must be PMSing...
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Night_Owl
New Board Newbie
USA 

over the stars

Email

« Reply #17 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 5:21pm »

That would be nice.  And with our luck, we all get stuck with a problem about the body part that is the least known about.  It couldn't be something else?!  I wish it was my foot.
IP Logged

Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #18 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 5:49pm »

Well Ree... It seems to me there's a lot of factors working against the clusterheads.

#1... They haven't even found a cure for migraines yet, and docs have been diagnosing them for ever.
#2... When compared to many ailments, clusters aren't that common.
#3... And #2 leads us to the main reason... How profitable is it for the pharmacueticals to research a cure for a rare syndrome?  They'd prolly make a lot more money providing a partial treatment, on drugs they actually researched and developed for a much larger community.  The medical profession makes more money off treatments than they do cures.
#4... Very little publicity for our ailment.
#5... It's not a terminal illness, so don't rank as high as other ailments in the public view.

Basically... Our hope for a cure is either for someone outragiously wealthy decides to make clusters his pet cause... Or someone famous... Or for a clusterhead to make a brakethrough in their own treatment (kinda like the shrooms).

PFDAN........................ Drk^Angel
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2002, 5:51pm by drkangel » IP Logged
Night_Owl
New Board Newbie
USA 

over the stars

Email

« Reply #19 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 5:57pm »

Anyone happen to know any celebrities we can call?  Or anyone rich even?
IP Logged

Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #20 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 6:03pm »

I wish I knew the number of some rich celebrities... lol  Hell... My own friends don't even give me their numbers... Tongue

PFDAN....................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged
Night_Owl
New Board Newbie
USA 

over the stars

Email

« Reply #21 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 6:05pm »

yeah me neither
IP Logged

Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #22 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 6:06pm »

...lets see.......jonny's a *legend in his own mind*
......and the rest of us are broke from buyin' Imitrex and lining rich neuros pockets......

...now Slammy is the *name-dropper*....... hangs out in LaLaLand pickin' up rich divorcees...... we hit him up to schmooze Dr. Kudrow (Lisa's sis)...... but he pointedly ignored us.........hmmmmmm

....sorry 'Owl.... we be toast..... Angry
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #23 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 6:22pm »

Oh man! I didn't get the note that today is "Slam Slammy Day!"

That's it, time for me to get out of the pool!

Dr. Kudrow is Lisa's Bro, not sis...  and Slammy isn't finished working on him....However, I have contacted Lisa's publicist to pass a message to Lisa ( that's how you do things here in La-La Land....)

Living where I live, seeing celebrities out and about is very common....respecting their privacy makes them more approachable when the timing is right...

I would never pointedly ignore anyone on here..... Smiley

ok.. Slammy's limping home for the weekend...

maybe my self-esteem will return next week!

until then...... Smiley

Slammy   Cool
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2002, 6:24pm by Slammy » IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #24 on: Aug 16th, 2002, 7:52pm »

...well, good on ya then..... keep us posted......

sorry I dropped the word *his* betwixt "Lisa's" and "sis'.... sheesh, everybody's a Englard grammy perfesser here.....

...and I got the raise from ya I wanted......   ;D ......so I'm good fer the weekend too........

(sniff....wish I HAD a pool............the $heepdip tank just don't cut it)
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss