Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 9:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Okay... I'm wavin' the white flag... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Okay... I'm wavin' the white flag...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Okay... I'm wavin' the white flag...  (Read 2695 times)
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

Okay... I'm wavin' the white flag...
« on: Dec 11th, 2002, 3:07pm »

Can we please declare a cease fire for a day or two?  It seems Jonny's mad at me again, and possibly Elaine is too.  I am just so damn tired of fighting with everyone.  I've realized that going head to head with Jonny and others isn't helping anything, so I've tried taking a different point of view, and assume that maybe Jonny's right, and I was misinterpreting things, but when I try to clear up some of the confusion I have on that front, all Hell broke loose again.  I'm am sorry for whatever sin I have committed that caused y'all to condemn me so, but I'm sure there is some way that the current situation can be worked out if someone would just try.

I'm not asking for an end to all fights.  I'm just looking for a chance to not be treated like public enemy #1 anymore.  I just don't know what else to do.

PFDAN............................... Drk^Angel
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2002, 3:08pm by Azrael » IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

Re: Okay... I'm wavin' the white flag...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 3:19pm »

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS TO YOU DARK!)))))))))))))))))))))))

I love everyone here..  

Family fight.. that's all it is.. family fight.

Happy Holidays everyone!!  I wish you all PFDAN and get-along-edness.

Tina
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2002, 3:20pm by Woobie » IP Logged
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Docs didn't design the machine they're working on

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 3:33pm »

Listen here Mr Angel

Where the fuck have you been?

Public Enemy number one around here is Me so get your own job.

Why do they say you don't have clusters?

Never mind the other crap. You're an arsehole, so are they, so am I, accept it. Forget it.

You were doing well in that first thread with Jonny till you started apologising. Don't woosie out on me now!

Why do they say you don't have clusters?

Why Fucken Why?
IP Logged

Bedside manner is no substitute for a correct diagnosis - Bill Gates
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 3:41pm »

Woobie... Maybe that's why it hurts so bad...

PFDAN.............................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 3:46pm »

I can respect that.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

jonny

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 4:12pm »

Hey DRK, you are the one that put my name in a post today just like PJB does, leave me out of your posts and I will do the same.

Thats all I ever wanted, Dude.

.........................jonny
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 4:20pm »

I already agreed to that in the other thread...

What say the rest of you?  Will an agreement like this settle things with the rest of you?  Jackie?  Elaine?  If so, just give me the word, and I'll never talk to or about you again.

Drk^Angel
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 4:52pm »

You know Dork, I find this very interesting.
You start a bunch of shit and then want it to be all forgotten.  I'm not talking about just this last go round but several others that you have been involved in.  I don't give a damn what you say to and/or about me (board up the ass, ass kisser, etc) but what you say to and about my friends does matter to me.  You come in here and try to tell us how to conduct business, how we should post on this board,  how to treat newbies, how to treat each other, etc......then you turn around and call people names and disrespect some of the people that have been here helping for years...the "know it alls" as you call them.  These people were fighting the beast while you were still spillin' your milk and pissin' your pants.

If you learn to keep your mouth shut once in awhile people might let up on you.  An apology to a few people might help too.....look back at some of the shit you've said and you'll figure out who they are.

I'm not agreeing to any of your 'terms and conditions' ...... yet.  We'll just see if you live up to your end first.

Jacks Cool

IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 5:17pm »

Jackie... I have already appologized for my indiscretions to those who it was warranted.  I have never purposely tried to start any disagreements, but unfortunately, they have started.  Some have been cases of misinterpretations, others have been caused by heated emotions.  The only disagreements I have willingly helped to start have been the discussions claiming I'm not a clusterhead, and I don't belong here.  The name calling was not initiated by me, and if you'll look at the past fights, I have tried to keep name calling and personal insults out of the conversation without success.

I am sorry for the comments I made about you... I redirected the anger over someone else's posts against you, and that truely was uncalled for.  But I am not sorry for wanting newbies to be treated more fairly, and for wanting all clusterheads to get the support that they need and deserve.  I am also not sorry for defending my diagnosis, although I have been told that some uses that as proof against me (though I have still not been able to understand that too well).

I hope that you will accept my wishes to try to stop this battle and the war that has taken over the board lately.  Thank you.

PFDAN...................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 5:38pm »

on Dec 11th, 2002, 3:07pm, Drk^Angel wrote:
...so I've tried taking a different point of view, and assume that maybe Jonny's right, and I was misinterpreting things...

So, they are migraines?
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 5:41pm »

No Ted.  Read the Paco post if you need clarification.

PFDAN...................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 5:43pm »

Oh my god,

Your killing me, Ted!!!
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
Gani

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 5:57pm »

Drk^ Angel is my KING
      Cool
IP Logged
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

Pain is real if the neighbors know you have it!

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 6:02pm »

Why not try and start arguements......sometimes it is fun, right Ted?

Grin
IP Logged

I don' know why it hurts, but I pray it will stop.
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 6:06pm »

on Dec 11th, 2002, 5:57pm, Gani wrote:
           Drk^ Angel is my KING
                               Cool

Gani....you have meegraines too.... ???...... ;D

Jacks Cool
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2002, 6:07pm by Jackie » IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 6:07pm »

Here Rev:

Medscape Medical News
Location of Sense of Humor Discovered  

New York (MedscapeWire) Nov 30 — Researchers may have found the location of sense of humor in the brain, according to their presentation at the 86th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) in Chicago, Illinois.
Humor appreciation appears to be based in the lower frontal lobes of the brain, a location associated with social and emotional judgment and planning, according to imaging research. That might explain why people who have suffered strokes involving the lower frontal lobes of the brain may have alterations of personality which include loss of their sense of humor.

"A small part of the frontal lobes appears critical to our ability to recognize a joke," said Dean K. Shibata, MD, assistant professor of radiology at the University of Rochester School of Medicine in New York, and principal investigator of a study using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to map activity in the brain while it is registering humor. "Although the purpose of humor and laughter is still largely unknown despite 2,000 years of speculation, having a sense of humor is a key part of our personalities and it can play a powerful role in balancing negative emotions, such as fear.

"There have been few studies of humor's place in the brain, but understanding the basis of positive emotions will likely be as helpful as understanding the negative ones," he said. "In the future, scans of brain activity might be used routinely by psychiatrists to assess patients who have mood disorders such as depression, which often is accompanied by a loss of humor. Using humor and other emotional stimuli might be helpful in bringing out functional brain abnormalities not shown by other techniques."

In the study, fMRI scans were performed on 13 people in a series of 4 exams. In the first exam, the people were asked to listen to laughter and laugh along internally. In the second, the people listened to the laughter but were asked not to laugh along. In the third scan, the people read written jokes, and in the fourth test they viewed a series of wordless cartoons.

Researchers found when the people laughed, activity was seen in the anterior supplemental motor area (SMA), a location near the top of the brain normally associated with planning movement and the initiation of speech. In contrast to laughter alone, when people viewed written jokes and cartoons, tasks which require more complex comprehension of humor, activity was most prominent in the ventromedial frontal lobe (VMF). All 4 scans showed activity in the nucleus accumbens, a small area in the base of the brain linked to pleasure and implicated as a key site in moderating drug addiction.  

"As with almost any behavior, we found that laughing at a joke involves several parts of the brain," said Dr. Shibata. "Our imaging results show that while the ventromedial frontal lobe is likely the center for telling you what's funny, the accompanying laughter and feeling of mirth may be triggered by connections to other areas of the brain which are involved in motor control [moving the mouth] and positive emotions.

The anterior frontal lobes perform less obvious functions than other parts of the brain and in the past were regarded by some surgeons as expendable for daily functions, said Dr. Shibata. But as revealed by the outdated practice of frontal lobotomies, this area of the brain is responsible for much of our complex social and emotional behavior, he said.

IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 6:12pm »

Everyone hit on Drk

We don’t allow no goddam white flags here  

Unless you have migraines, of course.....

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
jonny

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 6:47pm »

on Dec 11th, 2002, 6:06pm, Jackie wrote:

Gani....you have meegraines too.... ???...... ;D

Jacks Cool

Slammy,

Mind if I borrow this just one time?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!...................Jacks!!!

Thank you  Grin

.......................jonny
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Would you trade your meegraines for CH ?
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11th, 2002, 7:28pm »

Wink

(no, Drk, I'm NOT talkin' about YOU........)

Grin
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 12:52am »

Listen to Charlie Drk^... no white flags if you've got clusters.

Thats bullshit about nobody ever leaving - once in my early days a guy called Luke stood up for me.  Three days later he left and he's never been back. Newbie, with clusters.  

Any idea how many times I've seen this bunch of howling hillbillies get together six or seven of them and start kicking a pig till its a bloody mess begging for mercy.  

If you don't get up right now and kick some very serious arse then you bow to the arseholes that kiss the arseholes for ever. Think about that. They're just testing you.

And I thought Elaine was one of the good guys ... oh well

Jonny, quit behaving like a c h i k e n shit. You say Drk^ has migraines but you crap in your diaper every time I ask why.

Margi's the same. "Ooooooh nooooo not me. My IM box is full. I'd never say that in public.". Behind closed doors however.... Nice. Very nice and c h i c k e n. Still slinging that loaded banana eh Ma? C'mon, trade it in and come hunting with me.

Then you've got the wanna be's Drk^. The losers who see the hilbillies kickin' the pig, and go "Weeeeel IIII wannaa bee like they! Theyze havin fun and I'd be safe. Man I'd be real safe with them hillbillies!"

Me they can hate, you they'll own buddy

Danny
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2002, 6:35am by dannyboy » IP Logged

Elaine

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 8:51am »

well I am in agreement with Jackie and Jonny. I offer to talk this out with Drk sent him my phone number but he said he does not like to talk on the phone unless its important.  

So it seems to me this isn't really important to him.

I got to get moving have a good day Danny!

IP Logged
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 9:18am »

Thank you Ma'am

...what a dear!

What is the issue here?

Why are you unsure that he has clusters Elaine?

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2002, 9:23am by dannyboy » IP Logged

dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 11:31am »

Then again Mr Angel, not everyone is as forgiving as I am

Saying nasty shit to the wrong people can always back-fire.

Especially if Jonny happens to be trying to get into their pants. i.e. Elaine, Jackie, and any other female thats been here long enough to talk to him

But that don't mean you don't have clusters.

Here, try this one Drk^...

Dear Lord,
Please help me not to step on the toes today that belong to the arse I'm going to have to kiss tomorrow.
Amen

Danny
IP Logged

Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 11:49am »

You know what, Danny - you've actually hit an all time low with this one.

Jonny has a lot of friends here and *newsflash* friendship actually IS possible between men and women, without it leading to anything else.  But then again I don't suppose you could possibly understand the concept of FRIENDSHIP, what with you being a virgin in that category.   Roll Eyes

You said:  "Saying nasty shit to the wrong people can always back-fire."   Man, did you just illustrate your point or WHAT?  I'm gettin my popcorn...this could get interesting.  Wait till E and Jackie see your post.  Boy, does it suck to be you.  
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 12th, 2002, 11:54am »

Oh ohhhhhhhhhh

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss