Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 12:42am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « just when i saw light...darkness! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   just when i saw light...darkness!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: just when i saw light...darkness!  (Read 220 times)
jayhawk
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

just when i saw light...darkness!
« on: Dec 13th, 2002, 2:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I was thrilled when new neuro put me on Verapamil Tuesday, and obvious she knows what she's doing, etc. But the side effects have continued, pretty bad, last night i felt like i was gonna pass out a couple times at work (don't ya LOVE it when that happens at work!?). I was able to check my BP and it's OK, but light-headedness, dizziness and general weakness and fatigue are overwhelming me...and i'm so dejected. I called neuro's office today they cut verap to 240 (from 420) plus put me on Effexor, too (plus i'm still on 50 MG of topamax). I can't stop crying. I haven't had a CH in a few days, just the damn pressure in my left temple that rarely goes away. I'm so tired of fighting and being sick and tired. I haven't had one good day in almost 3 months. I have MRI next Friday...don't really expect them to find anything but am just...generally scared and fed up, ya know? Any kind words appreciated.
IP Logged
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

Re: just when i saw light...darkness!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2002, 3:37pm »

Jaybird,
     Sorry to things are not going well. You may have to give the drugs time to work with your system. I have had side effects from other meds but they go away after a week. Thats probably why when you take antidepreesents they put you on halve dose for a week then you go up to full dose. The side effects may be lessoned by reduced varapamil and then you may be able to go back up after some time. I will keep you in my prayers.  Opus Tongue
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2002, 3:37pm by Opus » IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 13th, 2002, 4:09pm »

Don't give up hope.  There's a treatment out there for you, and hopefully your doctor will find it soon.  Good luck!

PFDAN....................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13th, 2002, 6:02pm »

Hang in there JH,
I was on Topamax for a while and had some symptoms similiar to what you describe. The side effects should lessen about the same time to benefits of this stuff starts working. Good luck,
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13th, 2002, 6:28pm »

Hang in there, jayhawk.....you'll see the light again. Smiley

Was oxygen discussed at all.....it's a good abortive for many.

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss