Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 11th, 2024, 4:50am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Temperature Rant »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Temperature Rant
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Temperature Rant  (Read 2122 times)
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

Temperature Rant
« on: Jan 14th, 2003, 5:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It would really be nice if Kansas would pick a temperature and stick with it for awhile.  These swings in degrees are kicking me in the head. At least in Minnesota when it got cold -- it stayed cold! The stadol stone is getting old and the meds are getting low.  New corporate insurance again in 2003.  Tight ass bastards!

There, I feel better getting that off my chest!

The MB seems a little slow -- is every one asleep?
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:28pm by echo » IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Temperature Rant
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 5:25pm »

Hey echo - that's what they make hats for, bud. Keeps the cold off the bald spot. Light a fire tonight and curl up with a good book (or a loved one?).
stay warm  
domm
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 5:47pm »

At least I assume you are getting some cold.  You are lucky.  Here in WIsconsin were the temps normally dip to 20 or 40 below with the windchills has been around 50 above all winter.  We have gotten no snow and it has been quit depressing.  I hear your complaint about temps changing that messes with my head to but I just wish ours would change and for the better of our winter.  It is still like fall here.  The insects will be plentiful and hard to get rid of come summer without a hard freeze.  It has only gotten below freezing a few times.  Im sad. Cry
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 5:52pm »

A few days ago we were enjoying 63(F) and then I had to go to work.  400miles away it was -20(F) (not including wind-chill) when I arrived.  WOW, what a wake-up call!   Can't wait to get out of here.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2003, 5:53pm by brain_cramps » IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 6:29pm »

Echo-

How's the wife??  Tongue
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 6:39pm »

9erfan -- Well I did get her to her doctor.  She has hormone pills and another rx for depression.  She is takinghte hormone but not the depression pills.  Can't force feed her so I'll deal with it.  Alcohol is a problem with her,  she is much better when she has nothing to drink.  
She is much better now -- she is out of town.  Yeehaw!!
and I'm still at work doing year end employee evaluations.  Party!!!!!

You know -- I'm getting too old for dealing with her crap.  But I am truly, desperately, and undenyably in love with that woman!  I just cannot picture myself without her in my life.  She's out of town and deep in my soul I miss her.  I won't sleep well tonight without being able to hear her breathing.  I'm a sick man!
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 6:48pm »

on Jan 14th, 2003, 6:39pm, echo wrote:
 But I am truly, desperately, and undenyably in love with that woman!  I just cannot picture myself without her in my life.  She's out of town and deep in my soul I miss her.  I won't sleep well tonight without being able to hear her breathing.  I'm a sick man!

Hey echo....that is really lovely, don't change cos there arn't many like you around...depression is an illness, crush them pills in her dinner....   Roll Eyesyep that means you'll have to offer to cook her a nice meal.. ;D

As far as the weather goes...in the last week we've had temps ranging from -7 freezing fog, snow, floods and hey guess what today we've got warmer and gales.... ???

Me thinks things are warming up.... ;D

Cathy
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 7:07pm »

Should take around 21 days for the hormone pills to start kicking in.  In the meantime, I say keep partying while you have the chance.  Wink

suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:24pm »

Hey Echo- maybe this will help to get over minnesota weather............. Right now at 8:30 pm outside on my front porch.......temperature is -5 deg F. (-21c) - wind speed gusting to 25 mph. - wich makes for a balmy wind chill factor of ......-50 deg F. (-45c) .......  Shocked ..........   last week temps hit 60 deg. F. ..... I was raised in the Arizona dessert where a brutal winter day was in the 40s. This sucks.  Cabo San Lucas on the baja  the temp is in the 70s. I cant find a plane ticket untill febuary. Anyone want to loan me a fast plane outa here. Got a time share waiting there..  Cool ..mj
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:31pm »

I hear ya there! I lived 20 miles south of witchita a few years back and Kansas remains the most inclimate place I've lived yet. Mom stayed, I'll never figure out why.
  Living in northern Illinois now, not much better here, Today's high was only in the low twenties and even though the wind isn't nearly the caliber it was in Kansas I still gotta warm up my jumblies when I come inside.
  Here's a question that hopefully will take your mind off the weather:

How can a football team be the highest scoring in the entire NFL and NOT make the playoffs?

Not intended to be an insult I'm a HUGE chiefs fan and I am still struggling with that one.

PFDAN Cerebus
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:37pm »

Cerebus -- no insult taken.  I agree with you.  It amazes me (ok not really) that they choked getting into the playoffs.  They remind me of the Vikings from the Tarkenton years -- so close, yet so far away.

Then we look back at Gannon being our Chiefs backup QB and the front office put their money on Garbac,  now where the H is that idiot.  And we can sit back and watch our ex-2QB march his team to the playoffs.  I cannot imagine that Priest Holmes was that big of a presence to the Chiefs offense.  Guess he was the offense.

Just wait until next year.
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:46pm »

It's cold as a witches tail (exactly 'WTF' does that mean anyhow) here in Ohio.....not as cold as suma ya's tho.....20's here at nite or low teens. Not much sun at all.....gets depressin. I need onea then hats with the light on it ta catch up on lacka sun rays. Careful with them hormone pills 'n depression stuff.....that sheeit can make a girl get kinda wacked out if it's the wrong stuff. Heed the warnin's....sumtimes you can go from werse ta werser....don't rattle her cage to hard (ha-ha)....Good luck...........Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 9:50pm »

Cootie -- are you saying it's possible she could get worse? Undecided
IP Logged

Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 10:23pm »

Woke up with a 4 and boy it was nice sitting outside in 0 degree weather. It hasn't been above freezing in 3 weeks.
        Opus Tongue
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
BruceD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got Atrium?

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 14th, 2003, 10:30pm »

Dumb el Nino! I'm in Wisconsin too and really wish things would get back to normal. I hate not having snow and the temp swings wreek havoc on my CH's too. I guess I'm not the only one in that boat as I see that Karla is a fellow clustercheesehead.

BTW, thanks to all on this board for sharing their experiences/treatments. The O2 is a Godsend and is unbelievable. I've got 5 more tanks coming and I've been able to abort every attack (even nightime ones) before they make me resort to trying to crash my head through our steel door.
IP Logged

Childhood is short, maturity is forever. (The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes)
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 8:50am »

Woke up this morning and checked the thermometer outside the kitchen window.  Froze and cracked.  Guess after -32C (-26 F), it just doesn't matter anymore!

Dreaming of Jamaica, stuck somewhere north of Montana,
Grant
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 10:32am »

I'll join this rant!

The weather can't make up it's damned mind, and my hubby the AF meteoroligist is catching hell everyday from me.  And yes, I continually hear the saying "I'm just the messenger".

We had a week of temps in the 50's an this week we are at lows in the -8 F range.  Not to mention the 4 feet of snow that tug hill got (we got off lucky and only 2.5 feet)

Then it rains, and it half melts, then freezes and makes a great brick layer between the bottom 2 feet and top 2 feet of snow making it impossible to shovel and damn hard work with the snowblower.

Then of course the snowdozer comes through and leaves me with a mountain in the front yard!  No friggin wonder everyone is getting sick.  Can't pick a temp and stay wit it!

Lovely picture of life in upstate:

IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 10:40am »

Holy WOW, Cat!! Shocked

Out here in south-western Canada, we haven't even got a full inch of snow yet.  Just a skiff that fell last night, to cover the skiff we got on the weekend.  Makes for interesting driving because the first skiff is now ice.  We had a bit of a cold blast these last few days, but we're headed back up to be above zero°C for the next few days.   It was -10°C this morning, but this will be the last of the arctic air for us, apparently, for the next few days.  

You guys are sure getting nailed out east this year - Ontario is in the MINUS 30's this week!!  We're praying that you don't get any more ice storms out there.  Hang in there, easterners!!
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 10:52am »

Margi:

I'm begging my boss here in Saskatoon to let me go back to Calgary and work from home.  -10 C  is a heatwave out here!  Amazing what 400miles can do.

Negril, here I come (if not in body, at least in mind).  I can almost feel the sand between my toes, hear the reggae, see the bikinis.

Grant

IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 11:06am »

Yeah, Grant, Toon Town just gets stupid cold sometimes.  Roll Eyes

It's when it starts hurting your skin to be outside that you know it's time to come home to Chinook country.

and, ps, Echo - YES, crushing up pills in her food (!) could make her WAY worse.  Anti-depressants can really mess you up if they're not the right strength or type.  Cathy, you just scare me sometimes.   Shocked
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2003, 11:09am by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
SFChris

Email

« Reply #20 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 11:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well sorry to depress you guys, but it's supossed to be 70 degrees here for the next 3-4 days...Hey, at least it's partly cloudy - wouldn't want to get too tanned.
 Cool
Chris
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 11:41am »

SFChris:

to see the expression on my face, look at the picture under your name.   Angry  LOL
IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #22 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 12:19pm »

echo- that was so sweet what you said about your wife.  Cheesy Here's hoping that those meds kick in soon!  Hang in there!  Smiley

SFChris - I'm with you!  I haven't turned the heater on in my apt in over a week.  Cool
IP Logged

Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 12:27pm »

on Jan 15th, 2003, 11:28am, SFChris wrote:
Well sorry to depress you guys, but it's supossed to be 70 degrees here for the next 3-4 days...Hey, at least it's partly cloudy - wouldn't want to get too tanned.
 Cool
Chris

With love brother!
 Grin
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #24 on: Jan 15th, 2003, 12:37pm »

LOL!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss