Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 9:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shadows and meds and things!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shadows and meds and things!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shadows and meds and things!!!  (Read 1327 times)
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Shadows and meds and things!!!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 22nd, 2003, 7:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There's something I've been wondering about for a while. I used to believe fear and even just thinking hard about clusters brought them on. For instance, sometimes I'd be sitting around thinking about something and suddenly my mind would drift to just the thought of getting an attack. And it would stay on that line of thought for 5-10 minutes before the shadow, and then the attack would come on. Sometimes (pre-shadow) I'd be fearful and other times I'd just dwell on it but not be scared. But either way, often that meant/means I'll get hit within 10 minutes. What I've been wondering is instead of fear or dwelling causing it, are there some subtle changes in our body that's occuring that our subconscious recognize as an impending attack, but our concious mind and our bodies don't detect or register the change. Is there something happening/changing in our bodies that we can't consciously detect, in other words. But since we notice it on a subconscious level the thoughts and fears are our only warning.
IP Logged
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:51am »

Good point Ted. Last cycle, I started to feel faint pre-shadows (if that makes any sense) two weeks before the first attack. I tried not to focus on them, did not want to invite them in. But, just the same, I started the old 30 day, insurance clock, by going to my (newly assigned) Dr. to get a script for Maxalt MLT 10mg. It was inevitable.

I think our bodies are telling us something. If we can listen well enough, perhaps we can train ourselves to wake up, when attacked in the middle of sleeping, before the bastard becomes full blown.

David J.  
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 1:35pm »

Elaine, you said your kids would help you out, and Ozzy you mentioned about your 2 year old, Ayden, my 2 year old, says "you head huwt?" LOL and he will sit on my lap while I suck back the O2, and he 'helps' by waiting til the bag is full then squishing it while I breathe in real deep.

I didn't think there was a way for a 2 year old to help (my 9 and 11 year old know how to help, getting ice packis etc) but now my little guy can help as well.

It makes it so much easier than trying to hide it from them, and them picking up on the negative vibes and being frightened.

Ted, I think I would have to agree with you, that subconscious level that is warning us could be right on target.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Slammy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Lust Without Remorse! Love Without Regret!

strider_39  
Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 1:48pm »

As my buddy George Thourogood would say...

" I Cluster Alone! "

Slammy  
IP Logged

That's it! Everyone out of the pool!

" Everytime I try to get out, they PULL me back in! "
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 2:00pm »

Catlind:

I enjoyed hearing about your little guy helping out.  Myself, I'm pretty sure it would be a bad thing to have young-uns around.  It would be a lesson in "all the words you're NOT supposed to use".

Glad there's no little ones in my household while I'm going through this, but that's just me.

Grant
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 2:40pm »

Slammy, Alone would be my first choice, but when you have a 2 year old at home, there is no choice.

Grant, I used to try to leave and go to the bedroom to be alone and suck on my O2, but he would completely and utterly destroy the house, and I don't mean just with toys.  He could literally destroy everything.

So I moved my O2 downstairs behind my recliner, so I can rock and he sits on my lap pushing on the bag.  That way I can get through it and he doesn't feel like he's being abandoned Smiley

It has also help his fear factor as far as when mommy has a head that huwts as he says it LOL

Cat
IP Logged

Elaine

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 3:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As Slammy and a lot of people here being alone is something we all want when we are hit. When you have small children it is not always possiable for Mothers/Fathers to always beable to get away.  
My kids were just a year and two years apart. Leaveing them alone could prove to be worst than any cluster sometimes Wink!

They always wanted to help and instead of having to deal with questions when being hit I did several things. One have them sing, they enjoyed that and it did help me. When they were small I made a headache box. In it was special toys, they were only able to play with that box when I had a headache. I would give them a drink chips or cookies and that box they would play in the play room nicely till my headache ended. When they got older, I gave them certain things to do when I got hit, one was in charge of getting me ice, another the oldest coffee I always wanted coffee. The other would call my mom or my husban if needed. They worked together. It taught them a lot, they have always been able to help others and understand what pain can do and when someone says they have a headache my kids listen and understand that headaches are not to be taken lightly.

There was a summer I got hit really bad, when they were little. Back then when I got hit I went out side I did not want to be inside. I would walk the yard. When it was over I would lay in our hamok (sp) Well one night my husban came up with the bright idea to sleep in that hamok at night and see if that helped. Well the kids did not like that idea they needed to watch after mom so we put up a ten in the back yard and they slept in the tent I slept in that homok. It was fun but I woke up any way with a cluster. My kids heard me and ran for Dad, I had coffee ice and singing. You know what to this day when someone gets sick around here and you say what can I get ya. they say nothing but sing to me!!!  

One more story then I will shut up! It was Christmas and I was getting hit real bad. I did not want to ruin Christmas and get hit Christmas day. My kids were sure that me sleeping was causing the problem so they said mom if you don't go to sleep you won't get one. Well my youngest daughter who was in her teens stayed up with me all night watching movies and doing a little cooking for Christmas dinner. The next morning we were tired but I did not have a cluster. We started opening gifts and everyone was having a good time. I started getting a shadow. I tried very hard not to let anyone know, cause my dauter was so happy she had kept that cluster away. Needless to say Buddy saw what was happening and called time out. Coffee was brought to me, my meds, and at that time we thought something was wrong with my neck that caused it, so I had a neck brace I wore it was brought to me. When the cluster hit I left the room fought it then returned to finish opening gifts. I have it all on tape we forgot the cam was running.
The things we have done hoping not to hurt LOL!
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 3:23pm »

Elaine,

Please don't ever 'shut up' with your stories!!!!  It's because of your stories and you talking about ways to get your kids to help that I've involved my kids in my attacks and it has made life in this house completely different.  There is no more feeling like everyone has to walk on egg shells, because they all know they have a job to do to help Smiley

You have made a difference to so many people lives in ways you don't even know.  Lady, you are one very very extraordinary and special person.

Cat
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss