Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 3:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Limbaugh Question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Limbaugh Question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Limbaugh Question  (Read 511 times)
BlueMeanie

Email

Limbaugh Question
« on: Dec 5th, 2003, 9:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

With all the hoopla over internet drug sales; and now with Limbaugh's addiction and possible arrest for buying all those drugs, do you think it is going to make it even harder for us Clusterheads to get legitimate drugs that we actually NEED to fight this Beast ?
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Limbaugh Question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 9:33am »

No, because we don't need narcotics for the most part.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 9:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

IMHO, I very much doubt that Rushie ever had a "legitimate" prescription for his drugs. Probably used the same 'doctor' that helped Elvis.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Jimmy_B

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 12:57pm »

Rush Limbaugh had an Addiction...no medical necessity for his drug of choice. Just used it to feel good. (Although...I've heard he had an ear problem).  Addicts do not care who, why, when, or where they hurt someone. Just as long as they can get their next dose. Whether it be alcohol, or Pain Meds.

Most Doctors today can see and/or judge the signs of a true addiction & will only prescribe meds to legitimate patients. Although some Doctors are very hesitant to prescribe pain-killing drugs... their hesitancy is more of a fear of DEA Reprisal & not addiction.

Even though Narcotics don't do much for Clusters...there are plenty of good people sufferering needlessly from chronic pain & not getting the meds they need, due to close-minded thinking & a small minority of addicts. Hopefully everyone will begin to see the lives of a few addicts are not worth the lives of millions of honest, hard-working people who are looking for relief from their unrelenting chronic pain.

Jim
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 1:03pm »

Rush had chronic pain and became addicted to pain killers.  Happens all the time.  BTW, the "problem" was not the ear, but the back.  

Pain killers are not effective treatment for clusters.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 1:51pm »

on Dec 5th, 2003, 12:57pm, Jimmy_B wrote:
(Although...I've heard he had an ear problem

Which was caused by his abuse of painkillers.
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 1:58pm »

His biggest problem is arrogance.
That's why it's so easy to throw him under the bus.

----------------------------------------------------------------
We're going to let you destroy your life. We're going to make it easy and then all of us who accept the responsibilities of life and don't destroy our lives on drugs, we'll pay for whatever messes you get into."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec. 9, 1993

And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up....
The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it's pretty clear where Rush believes he belongs... behind bars.  Does he have the integrity to live by his words?  I doubt it.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:08pm by vig » IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
floridian

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:08pm »

Quote:
With all the hoopla over internet drug sales; and now with Limbaugh's addiction and possible arrest for buying all those drugs, do you think it is going to make it even harder for us Clusterheads to get legitimate drugs that we actually NEED to fight this Beast ?

The war on drugs has already made it illegal for people to get some medicines that may help their condition (cannabis for MS and cancer chemo patients; shrooms for cluster headaches). It also makes it near impossible to get approval and funding for research on legitimate uses for these drugs.  Over the past decade, many doctors in the US have cut back on prescribing pain killers due to the stigma attached to them.  

If anything, the public humiliation of anti-drug crusaders like Limbaugh ought to trigger a rethink of current policies in the US.   Not that it will.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:15pm by floridian » IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:27pm »

Drug abuse.  Integrety.  Dignity.  Chronic Illness.  Debilitating pain.  Human Suffering.  The line can get pretty blurry.

Most folks who know me, know that I have strong feelings about drug use be it recreational or to treat pain.  Those close to me also know that when i first began suffering from clusters, the pain pills were my PAL.  I HAD to have a bottle of pain pills near me because nothing else worked and I was in agony.  Because I was in agony I took the pills.  LOTS OF EM.  Eventually I found a better way.  .................

INTEGRETY?  Integrety involves things like empathy, dignity and understanding the big picture.

You might not like Rush Limbaugh - that's ok.  Making assumptions on his personal health issues based on that dislike....hmmm......Tabloid mentality.

As far as our government policies regarding drugs ..........WTF does that have to do with Mr. Limbaugh Huh

PFDAN
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:34pm »

"The line can get pretty blurry. "

That's why most of us keep our mouths shut.
He chose a different route and must suffer the consequences... or every word he has ever uttered loses its weight.

It's his choice.
IP Logged

kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:41pm »

Quotes above about Mr. Limbaugh were quoted YEARS B4 his health issues put him in current situation.  6 years ago Mr. Limbaugh suffered painful and debilitating back surgery which began his use of pain pills.  Those quotes were taken from YEARS PRIOR to that.

Also, his physician has already stated that the hearing loss was NOT related to the pain killers.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:42pm »

on Dec 5th, 2003, 2:41pm, kim wrote:

Also, his physician has already stated that the hearing loss was NOT related to the pain killers.

Really?  My bad.  Sorry MahaRushie.
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:44pm »

I'd heard Rush was takein pain meds for chronic back pain or think I heard surgery also ? Sum pain meds like Oxycontin is designed to be takein every day not occational....it is time released and lethal when broken up or crushed...you do a taper to get off it after corrective surgery that will end the chronic pain. I too take pain meds spareinly for chronic back pain that will not ever get better only worse.....but....I do NOT take them daily....nor do I take a full dose normally. I'm no whimp ass to pain but there are times where enuff is enuff......esp when it is there 24/7. I get a bit frustrated at the bum rap sum people get for takein meds that need to and are careful under a docs supervison. But yeah.....abuse is a nuther story which gives the good folks and meds that 'can' work a bad name. I don't take pain meds to get high but jus to get by Pam

PS: They have it now so you can not get refills on level 2 meds which helps a bit control how much is given out...your doc has to approve it and call it in
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:46pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

thomas

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:46pm »

on Dec 5th, 2003, 2:44pm, cootie wrote:
I'm no whimp ass to pain but there are times where enuff is enuff......

You got that right Pam.  I don't think anybody here can be considered a whimp.
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:48pm »

"6 years ago Mr. Limbaugh suffered painful and debilitating back surgery which began his use of pain pills."

Then he should have realized his 'mistake' then and become humbled.  Did he change his tune in any public way?  Did he become more tolerant and understanding as a person?  I've never seen anything but 'Half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair' or 'Talent on loan from God."

just my $.02.
IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:49pm »

Quote:
As far as our government policies regarding drugs ..........WTF does that have to do with Mr. Limbaugh

If you read the original post that started this thread, the question was asked if internet pharmacies and the Limbaugh controversy would make it harder for people with cluster headaches to get medicines.  My answer was that hysterical government policies already make it hard for clusterheads to get one treatment.    

Mr. Limbaugh?  Noelle Bush?? The Kennedy kid??  They get medical rehab and hire the best lawyers to minimize the penalties.  An average clusterhead gets caught with shrooms to try and break a cycle??  Jail time, baby.  

That's WTF.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2003, 3:01pm by floridian » IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #16 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:50pm »

Thomas Grin Grin Grin

Maha sumpin, that's for sure Wink

Oh and Floridian?  I read the original post.  I stand by my subsequent responses, kay?   I read and respond to the posts as I see fit and will call you next time i need reading comprehension assistance Wink
 Kiss
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:54pm by kim » IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:52pm »

on Dec 5th, 2003, 2:49pm, floridian wrote:

Mr. Limbaugh?  Noelle Bush?? The Kennedy kid??  They get medical treatment and hire the best lawyers to minimize the penalties.  An average clusterhead gets caught with shrooms to try and break a cycle??  Jail time, baby.  

That's WTF.

BAM!  That's the sound of a nail being struck dead center on the head by a BFH (big f*ckin' hammer).
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:56pm »

Almost forgot........I heard a while ago on a chronic pain MB that they are "cracking down" now on the buyers of interent drugs not just lookin for the sellers. Kinda like how they are bustin the 'john's now not jus the hookers. Pam a tough pain dweller with no john's or pimps and I sure ain't no hooker
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2003, 3:00pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #19 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 2:57pm »

Pain does funny things to people.  

I reckon each person has to find their own way back from THEIR OWN hell.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 3:01pm »

on Dec 5th, 2003, 2:57pm, kim wrote:
Pain does funny things to people.  

Yeah just watch me when the demon comes in the dark of night. Wink  Ever seen a big fat guy act like a little baby?
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2003, 3:01pm by thomas » IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 4:10pm »

Quote:
Oh and Floridian?  I read the original post.  I stand by my subsequent responses, kay?   I read and respond to the posts as I see fit and will call you next time i need reading comprehension assistance

Your entitled to your opinion, Kim. I'm not a fan of recreational drug use, and I am cautious about side effects of approved meds.  But I don't understand your "WTF" remark.  

And I don't understand why Limbaugh wasn't working with his doctors if he had a medically induced dependency.  How did he confuse his housekeeper with a pharmacist? Didn't he know he was breaking the law?

Quote:
Making assumptions on his personal health issues based on that dislike....hmmm......Tabloid mentality.

Gimme a break. Rush Limbaugh is the father of tabloid political radio. No asumption or insinuation was too flimsy, and no logic was too simplistic when Limbaugh was targeting people he didn't like.  No, we don't know all the medical details of Limbaugh's life, but what we do know doesn't match very well with what Limbaugh is saying.  Questioning his discrepancies isn't tabloid journalism. It's more like having an enquiring mind. For instance, why did his doctors diagnose autoimmune induced hearing loss, then add that he didn't have most of the symptoms or indications of that disease?  They also mentioned that many radio broadcasters have hearing loss associated with loud noise, but later said that his hearing didn't seem to fit that model, either.   But consuming lots of vicodin and oxycontin can cause hearing loss consistent with the symptoms reported by Limbaugh.  

And now that the real Limbaugh has fallen short of the Great-Oz image, we see elaborate lawyering that might give Clinton a run for his money. Like todays news:  

Quote:
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Rush Limbaugh's attorney accused a prosecutor Friday of having political motives for investigating whether the conservative radio commentator bought painkillers illegally.

Obviously had nothing to do with the public statements made by Limbaugh's former housekeeper, who said she sold him thousands of prescription pills - without a prescription.  Must be a vast left wing conspiracy.  Looks like Rush can play the victim as well as all the people he criticizes.  

IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 4:13pm »

a friend of mine summed him up in one word.

hypocrite.
IP Logged

Paigelle

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 4:25pm »

twocents

It is my opinion that he is a piece of crap and if he is addicted it is his own damn fault.
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 4:25pm »

Floridian,

Why are you so insensed about the personal tradegy of one man?  Because he had strong opinions?  Gi-MEEE a break.

The guy spoke his mind - and lotsa folks hated it.  Now he shows his soft white underbelly.  BIG Deal.  I for one have no desire to poke it with a knife.

Enquiring mind?  Give ME a break.  I'm not buying it.  Period.  Answer this simple question?  "What is my motivation in this discussion"?............I'm sure it has nothing whatsoever to do with government policy or current drug use.  It has to do with your dislike of someone who spoke his mind and had the AUDACITY to be human after all.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss