Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 10:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Chronics or anyone interested in stopping clusters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Chronics or anyone interested in stopping clusters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Chronics or anyone interested in stopping clusters  (Read 1648 times)
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

Re: Chronics or anyone interested in stopping clus
« Reply #50 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 12:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 13th, 2003, 11:53pm, brain_cramps wrote:

and he gets 2 short cycles per year (one headache each)  ever since he quit crack!   oops almost forgot - and he imagines himself dressed up as food    Roll Eyes

If I thought they would stop I''d dress up as food, but all I think it would do is make the beast laugh at me while I am wanting to die.  
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #51 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 1:03pm »

Diet Tongue

THis is one of the first things I went through in my 12 years, before I Know I had CH. Every thing you mentioned and much, much more was on my list :

IT DID NOT WORK
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2003, 1:04pm by Killroy 2.0 » IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
thomas

Email

« Reply #52 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 2:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It's just like everything else, what works for some, may/will not work for others.
IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #53 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 3:58pm »

Little Deb thanks for the laughs omg too funny!!  Grin

cathy
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

hdbngr
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #54 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 4:47pm »

Bean:

This is a diet they are selling at many headache treatment centers. I call it the wild goose chase diet, cause pretty soon, you start finding triggers everywhere.  

The list I was given in 1999 for CH said to exclude:

Caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, preserved meats, aged cheeses, MSG (which was really hard, because on labels it is also called "natural seasoning" and can mean anything) grape juice, beans/legumes, onions, and yeast products. (basically, every food known to man)

I followed this, religiously, for six months, and was down to Triscuits, strawberry slimfast, and wonton soup (hold the MSG) as acceptible foods.  

A good friend and fellow chronic sufferer asked me one day, "So, you have given all these things up, are you having fewer headaches?" I wasn't having fewer headaches, and you can drive yourself crazy trying to figure out what you ate/drank to trigger an attack when you finally realize the attacks are going to come, no matter what.

Something is wrong, physiologically, that diet is not going to improve.
IP Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss