Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 11:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Numbness »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Numbness
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Numbness  (Read 545 times)
astropuff9
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

astropuff99

Numbness
« on: Apr 1st, 2004, 1:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,
  I am very new to this site and very excited to meet others who have had the great joy to experience these wonderful things called cluster headaches. I have had these headaches ever since I was 13...I am now 21. I have been on every drug imaginable inclubing beta blockers (which really sucked). I have been doing well except for the fact that ever since I stopped taking the beta blockers my left hand has turned blue and gone numb sporadically. The doctors are all stumped. My hand hasn't turned blue in awhile, but now every time my left hand goes numb, my left foot starts to go numb as well. It has been occuring with my headaches especially when they hit the right side. Should I be worried or are there others of you out there who have experienced the same? Thank you and I look forward to talking to as many of you as I can. This site is wonderful!!!!

-Aubry
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: Numbness
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 1:49am »

Sorry Aubry, i've never experienced that, but welcome!
IP Logged

Chris
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 2:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Aubry

I'm not a Doctor, but that is a clear indication of a significant circulation problem into your extremities.
That's not something that is common with CH, nor is it to be ignored. I'm not meaning to worry you, but you are very young for this to be happening too.

Prolonged lack of circulation into hands and feet is NOT GOOD! It can ultimately cause damage to the tissues.

You aren't taking any of the ergotamine type drugs are you?
Damaging circulation problems can result from long term use of these. I would also take advice before continuing use of any of the triptans as well.

Suggest your doctors should stop being flummoxed and DO SOMETHING.

Wendy
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 2:14am »

Hi Aubry, I see you are in flag...

Do you have a good neuro there?

I can reccomend one here in the valley.
IP Logged

Chris
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 7:45am »

Gday astropuff,  

This is something i would definately get checked out, as it indicates circulation problems, especially if theses extremities get cold while they are blue and numb.  

Id reccomend getting I think its an iodine test where they basically x ray your circulation tract.

Get it looked at!!!

Turts
IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 12:50pm »

Don't know how to spell it correctly - but,  possible that it's the begining of    Ranods, blood vessel contriction My brother has had something similar to that happent to him.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Samantha_Smith
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 12:46pm »

Astropuff--

A few years ago when my CH's were out of control I would wake up in the middle of the nite and one half of my body would be totally numb and I wouldn't be able to move it. It would last about 20 minutes and then go away but it didn't turn blue like yours and it hasn't happened since 2000.

I'll just emphasize what was said earlier and say that what you have may be dangerous.  Turning blue is a bad sign because it means your tissues are not getting the oxygen they need.  If your doc's are "stumped" then switch doc's and do it quickly.  

I don't mean to alarm you but have you ever been checked for diabetes? If anything I'd go to my primary care doc, tell them what's happening and get a full physical.  Good luck!  Hang in there!  I'm sorry that you are here but I'm glad you found us.     Samantha
IP Logged

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm."
floridian

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 3:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Smurf-like symptoms are a sign to see a doctor.  

Astropuff - I sometimes get twinges on one side when in an episode, but it isn't like what you describe.  

Raynaud's disease - could be. Most raynauds is on both sides, but it can occur on side only. If it is on one side only it could be some other neurological and/or vascular condition.  

Samantha - Waking up in the middle of the night with paralysis is usually nothing serious - the mind can be awake while the brainstem is still asleep.  But having it on one side only may indicate something else.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss