Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Change in headaches »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Change in headaches
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Change in headaches  (Read 292 times)
Computernerd
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Change in headaches
« on: Apr 8th, 2004, 4:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am 53 year old male and have had headaches behind one eye since I was 18.  During these headaches, my nostril on the side with the pain will run profusely and the pain becomes excrutiating.  I would get them once or twice a month and they would last for 24 hours or so.  This changed 3 weeks ago.  Since then, I have had one of these headaches coming and going every day.  I became concerned and my doctor ran some tests.  My brain MRI is normal and my eyes check out fine.  He believes I have cluster headaches.  From the information I have provided, does it sound like I have always had cluster headaches but there is now a change in them and is this normal?  Thanks for any information I can get.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Change in headaches
« Reply #1 on: Apr 8th, 2004, 4:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

did you take the cluster quiz?  everything about what you are describing does sound like ch, except the 24 hour ha.  That puzzles me a bit.
IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Apr 8th, 2004, 5:18pm »

Agreed with Thomas.  Try the quiz.  
Everyone gets them a bit differently.

Could be sinus.  
Could be CH.
Could be CPH.

Good luck!

Rock
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Apr 8th, 2004, 9:52pm »

I had a HA like that at 15. I am 55. I looked down and it felt like the area behind my right eyebrow filled up with fluid and instant pain. I did have a cold at the time. As I got older, I got similar pain level HAs on the right side. I always thought they were sinues. I didnt have a cold for the later ones. I used ice on them as nothing elses helped. Doctors treated me for sinuses until I was 40 and I figured out they were clusters. They cycled and increased intensity and then faded and left.  
I do get a clear watery fluid running out the right nostril befre the onset of a HA sometimes. It can be a drop or sometimes more. Just enough to reach for a kleenex at most.
I hope this helps you.  
Sorry if you have these Nerd.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss