Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « trying to understand »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   trying to understand
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: trying to understand  (Read 496 times)
becky8

Email

trying to understand
« on: Oct 5th, 2004, 10:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Okay Everyone,  
I am sure you are sick of me, but until I get to a real Neuro, my is useless!!! I need you guys so much. I am new to all this but not CH or whatever it is. I will again tell everyone my symptoms and what has happened for the last few weeks... My ha is onesided always, my eye on that side swells or drops, my ear feels clogged and hurts behind it, my jaw hurts. My headaches are chronic, if I have 1 week PF thats a long time. They got chronic over the last year, thats why I and Dr.'s always thought they were sinus related. Now I am rockin and rollin with them, they are my life now!!! And at first I was so freaked, but now I am getting really pissed. And with your help and getting into see a new Neuro maybe I can get my life back. I finally went to a Neuro who was almost laughing at me when I said I think I have CPH or CH. I thought it might be CPH cause my seem to come and go more, but after last week I know its not right. I got the Neuro to give Indomethacin and it didn't work, matter of fact I got hit like never before this last weekend. I ended up at the ER, so it's got to be CH. I am learning about what you call shadows and I have them so much I just get used to them. When you guys talk about episodes, and you say I had a 6 week episode, what do you mean. That you had ha for 6 weeks. Cause I have had episodes for a year and a haif. With PF days here and there. I am just trying to understand all of this. This last one was like no other I have ever had and scares the crap out of me. So everyone please while I am trying to get into a real Neuro what to expect and what I can do to stop them froming being real bad while I am waiting.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: trying to understand
« Reply #1 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 11:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry you are having such a bad time. Episodic clusters come in episodes that can last a few weeks to a few months. During an episode you get hit with severe pain from a few to several times a day. It's normal to have shadows (less intense pain) in between the bad hits. Chronics (like me, now) have shadows everyday with several hits of more intense (but not as intense as most episodic) headaches. I also get hit occasionally with a bad episode (days and / or weeks long) where the pain can go to a kip 9. I also get an occasional pain free day. Go to the ouch site (links at left) and get info to give to your next neuro. Hang in there. hug BTW I'm not sick of you and I doubt anyone else here is.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 11:45am »

How many minutes does the typical headache last?

"When you guys talk about episodes, and you say I had a 6 week episode, what do you mean. That you had ha for 6 weeks."
an episode is a 'cluster' of headaches.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2004, 11:45am by vig » IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
becky8

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 2:11pm »

My headaches usually last 5 to 45 minutes on and off all day, and go from kip5 to a kip8 or 9. But this weekend I don't know what happened to me. Wednesday (a day I planned on going to the pumkin farm with my daugther) I had my normal headaches on and off. It was very hard to get thrught the day. And Thursday and Friday were the same. Friday the headahes were hanging like an hour and more and getting more and more intense, went to bed and was up all night with one. but still not wanting to use my imitrex, dumb mistake. BySaturday morning I was in pain and used the imitrex. This headache got alittle better but still there all the time, not like my ones that come and go. By later in day I hurt so bad I did the imitrex again, this time it didn't seem to help much at all. I ended up in the ER that night. they gave H20 and that didn't do anything, then they gave a shot toradol, that didn't work. Finally they gave me a shot of Dilavdid and Phenergan. Also this time I felt really sick to my stomach. Sunday even after that ER trip I had like a hang over feeling and yesterday too. Today finally I feel somewhat normal. I am lost???? What do you all think????
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 4:48pm »

If Imitrex worked, try Zomig.  They're related, but Zomig lasts longer, for me, it lasts 12-24 hours instead of 1-2 hours with Imitrex.

I'm reading about many people's success with DHE lately.  Might be worth trying.... ask the doc
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #5 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 5:01pm »

Hang in there. My last cycle was over 2 yrs long. And it always gets worse before it gets better.
IP Logged

Chris
becky8

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 6:55pm »

Thanks for telling me that superpain or chris!!! LOL!!! I am not going to freak anymore, Im really pissed with these CH ha's. And I am going to fight now, if you asked me last week I'd be out of mind with worry how bad the next one will  be. And with everysmall one and shadow I'd be thinking "what's going to happened next"!!!
IP Logged
holistic_love
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 9:50pm »

go to this website erinelster.com she will cure you of your headaches
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 10:02pm »

on Oct 7th, 2004, 9:50pm, holistic_love wrote:
go to this website erinelster.com she will cure you of your headaches

This should get interesting......................let me guess its for a small one time fee?  

If I'm from Mars do I get a discount Grin

Sean......................
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2004, 11:00pm by Sean_C » IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 8:08am »

One thing you need to watch out for is someone offering you a "cure"  As of yet, there is no cure.  Believe me, when it comes about, this entire board will be lit up like a Christmas tree with people talking, laughing and crying with joy.

There are some who would take advantage of your desire to be pain free and tell you things like "Rub catshit on your head."  Don't laugh - it happened here in the guest book.  They may have several of their friends post follow ups saying it worked for them.  Then they sit back and laugh at you in your pain as you post that it did not work for you.  Sick ba$tards.  Others will sell you some new procedure, magic elixer or something to snort up your nose and then take your money and leave you hurting (or worse) with an empty wallet.

Best thing to do is come here and ask if anyone has ever heard of xxxxxx.  There will be plenty of people about to steer you straight.  

Wishing you good luck with the new neuro search.

Gator
IP Logged
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 8:24am »

Becky, listen to nani, vig, superpain, sean c, and gator.  DO NOT listen to holistic_love.  

Gator is right about these hucksters.  
It continually amazes me how people either gain pleasure or attempt profit from other people's pain.  Though, as I believe deeply in human depravity, maybe it shouldn't.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss