Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 10:54pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « staring ........in the Face of clusters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   staring ........in the Face of clusters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: staring ........in the Face of clusters  (Read 4274 times)
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: staring ........in the Face of clusters
« Reply #75 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 12:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I, too, have witnessed thousands of cluster attacks.  Mike clustered for years unmedicated.  It is hideous pain to get through, but he does it.  Clusterheads are the toughest people on the face of this planet.  You have to be.

Fortunately, Mike is one of the ones that O2, imitrex and verapamil helps.  He is clustering now, but thanks to the preventative and abortives, he's managing his cycle very well.  However, there have been a myriad of meds that have NOT helped him and some that have, indeed, prolonged his cycle.  I completely understand Kim's attitude about meds in that regard.

However, my personal opinion is that we should ALWAYS educate people as to the weapons in our arsenal.  Nothing is universal, but some things do help some people.  Why not take a chance at helping?

Kim, I'm sorry that meds and O2 don't work for you.  I pray that someday our research will find a new pain control method that will.  And I hope that you won't give up on trying new things as they are developed.  You have the right to pain freedom and I hope you won't let that right pass you by, if something new is developed.

As to the being alone thing....I think that's one of the most common traits of a clusterhead and that's one of the most difficult things for a supporter to respect.

Ted, nice to see your words here.  Sorry to see that you've become a guest again, though.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
rumplestiltskin

Email

stare at this
« Reply #76 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 2:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

So I sat here...pondering just what Kim was sayin...I got out my Jar Jar Binks translator...and still I was left shakin my head...or..."shakey me not knower****like smarty was lookin"

Then Georgia asks "Are you tryin to figure out what motivates KIM ? "...outta the mouth of babes comes wisdom.

Never have I seen more to leave...and less to take....hell...even the vinegar and blue cheese was better advice.

« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2004, 2:18pm by rumplestiltskin » IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #77 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 2:20pm »

OMG. LMAO. What a smartass.
IP Logged
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #78 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 4:28pm »

Kim, first of all, I hope that you know you do have the right to your opinion. And, that I think all of us here would agree or what would be the point in sticking around.  

I, myself, applaud ANYONE who CAN go med free. But when you say "Don't mess with mudda nature".....I wonder what exactly you mean by that?  I mean really, mudda nature didn't exactly provide us with electricity, but I'm sure glad somebody fucked up and found it since I surely enjoy using it every day!  Furthermore, it's not mudda nature that provided us with hope in treatments for cancer. Would you still choose to go med free then? I'm just trying to understand, is it about med free for EVERYTHING?? or with your ch??  What concerns me is that if you're no longer looking or trying for something that "would" work, what if you miss the treatment that WOULD work for you.    

"Since I can't manage my pain by myself, what's that make me?"       Mast......I think that makes you loved by lots of us here.

I myself, as I've admitted to many, AM A WEENY!! I'm thankful for my trex. I CANNOT handle my pain by myself!!!!!!!   And, yes, I did live through the years of NO MEDS, but when I think back and remeber the quality of life during my episodic ch attacks......I cringe and cry!!!!!!!!   You know why??   There was NONE, NO quality of life, I was just in existance, floating by and waiting to resume life when it would end. I was lucky enough to have supporters.........3 of them being my children at ages so young it keeps me crying right now to think of the years I endured and the torture and strain it put on our lives. GOD.......I don't know how I made it through. Having my "babies" sit there, do GOD knows what while I was incapacitated for about 2 or 3 hours at a time. (They sure heard cussing at young ages that's for sure) To the point that all I could do was lock the dead bolts and hope for the best.  Have a 2 or 5 year old come up to you and just rub your head for you. It hurted like hell, and I wanted to knock the hell out of them, BUT I COULDN'T.........they were only babes and were only trying to help. Guess that's why today I can have someone there with me. And, yes, even sometimes I WANT that.

AND NOW, having this place and ppl here that offer something only chers and their supporters can understand...........well, it fills a void in me that I didn't even know existed.  Therefore, when you say "I won't ever hold a dying cluster head in my arms.".........I truly am perplexed. It is my UTMOST hope that you're meaning you believe clusters can't kill??  certainly NOT that you would choose "NOT" to hold them, because if that's what you DO mean......well, you don't want to know MY OPINION of that one.

"It's not the cluster that will kill someone....it's the effect on their life".......as Tracey said here, it is the different effects that can.

As for the pics of New York.........it was my perception when I viewed it that we all needed a reminder of what we endure..........and the genuine compassion shared by those there at that convention. Both educational, and emotional for many, that picture brought me back to sincere reality in a split second, and gave a big tug to my heart!!!!!!!!

"Even us sorry chronics are able to take a hit."......yep you right Tracey........you BRAVE chronics DO have to TAKE hits.......I mean really, it's not like you could shoot up with your trex at EVERY given attack is it? Maybe some just don't understand that.    
  NOW though, I draw the line with you girl when you say..."....guess you could say I go both ways".......LMAO......I'm not that kinda gal.......LMAO...hehehehehehe   Wink

BTW....
Tiannia, great post!!  I'm glad you're here!  

STEVE??   LOL….did Diane read this one, and if so, what was her response?

"Yes, we get advice on medicine, but we get a helluva lot more than that."  Paigelle………you REALLY hit the nail on the head on this one!!!!!    But, for those of us that missed the boat, I hope you catch it really soon!!!

genuine pf wishes to all,
EDNA
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2004, 4:40pm by Edna » IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #79 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 4:51pm »

on Jan 5th, 2004, 4:28pm, Edna wrote:
Have a 2 or 5 year old come up to you and just rub your head for you. It hurted like hell, and I wanted to knock the hell out of them, BUT I COULDN'T.........they were only babes and were only trying to help

BTW....
Tiannia, great post!!  I'm glad you're here!  

EDNA

Edna,  

I hate the pain that I put my kids through. My son at 16 months will walk up and plop n my lap or up against me if I'm not sitting up.  and just rock with me and my 6 year old just comes over with an ice cold washclothe and tries to keep the sweat out of my eyes.   It kills me to think what this is doing to them.  All I hope is that they dont think it is them that causes these.  I already had to have THAT talk with my daughter.  She told me after one REALLY REALLY bad night. "Sorry I made your head hurt, Mommy."  OMFG that just tore out my heart.   Cry

Those are the things that would kill because of a cluster. Wanting to stop the pain that I really have no control over.  I can deal with thepain that I feel, but what it does to everyone around me that really drives me crazy.

Tiannia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #80 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 5:40pm »

I know the pain from the children.  My 3 year old would get up in the middle of the night because he could hear me in the living room.  He would want to help Mommy.  Then he would cry and ask me if I wanted him to take me to the doctor.  He also thought he caused me to have headaches.  It is heartbreaking!
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #81 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 6:28pm »

on Jan 5th, 2004, 4:28pm, Edna wrote:
And, yes, I did live through the years of NO MEDS, but when I think back and remeber the quality of life during my episodic ch attacks......I cringe and cry!!!!!!!!   You know why??   There was NONE, NO quality of life, I was just in existance, floating by and waiting to resume life when it would end.

Perfectly stated... (where's the "hit the nail on the head smiley?"Wink

I have not missed a single day of work since using trex, nor have I had an ER visit.  While I may be able to cope with a full blown attack, I am incapacitated to a certain degree.  Anyone with CH who claims otherwise is full of shit.  Even if I would want to do my job while being hit, I wouldn't be allowed to...numerous safety issues.

I will never stop offering assistance to clusterheads (new and not so new to this site).  I will never attempt to push my opinion on anyone else either...I don't need to.

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

« Reply #82 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 9:59pm »

Can't believe I missed this line before:

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 9:14pm, Mastifflvr28 wrote:
Since I can't manage my pain by myself, what's that make me?

Mast

It makes you human, Michelle! Just like the rest of us....

I remember my first supporter experience, in Vancouver... it made me realize that MY clusters are, compared to the one I saw, on the lower end of the scale... made it easier to deal with the pain when I didn't have meds around....

But would I go without meds by choice? HELL NO! It's like the pregnant woman who hears that women have given birth for centuries without medication so she should too.... ya think if you asked all those women if they WANTED something (assuming it was available) that they would have said "no thank you. i prefer to.... AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH... what the fuck is that? Am I giving birth to a full grown elephant?.....feel this pain" ???

People pretend to manage their pain... all they do is hurt themselves and others by lashing out. Why? Why would someone CHOOSE to be in pain? I seriously don't get it!!

I keep hearing the phrase "take it like a man"... well, men hurt too.... men use imitrex to abort and use verapamil (or other meds) to prevent them.... so I propose the following phrase in its place: "you are making me exceedingly uncomfortable because of the high level of pain you are in. my perceived discomfort is more important than any pain you feel, so please try to act like a normal human being and hide your pain in order to once again make me comfortable."

jmho,
Lizzie
IP Logged
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

« Reply #83 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 3:40am »

There was a time in my life where hope was all I had. I tried over forty medications and treatments, and combinations thereof...I tried different doctors....I tried everything I read about on this message board....I tried almost all of them twice...I was dedicated to finding what would work for me....I was steadfast in my belief that there was something...that there had to be something that could stop this constant pain, that could give me my life back...and yet, nothing worked.

The latest in a string of neuro's at the time convinced me that a 5 day stay in the hospital with IV DHE would stop them, not lessen them...stop them. He promised me. And I being the desperate chronic that I was...believed him.  I pinned all of my hopes on that doctor, on that drug...I anxiously awaited actually feeling what a day without my head hurting would be like...I imagined myself not being damaged goods anymore...I could almost taste normalcy again.

I went into the hospital. I got 5 days of relief. And then...then I plummeted into the darkest days I have ever seen. The clusters came back...with a vengeance...stopping only long enough for me to crawl to another spot before switching sides and starting again. After weeks of near constant 10's...I sat in my bathtub, whispering my goodbyes, my apologies for not being stronger, barely able to see the straight razor aimed at my wrists through all the tears. I never wanted to feel that burning claw in my eye again...I never wanted to have all of my hopes thrown to the floor and shit on again. I never wanted to live another day of this horror, of this freakish horror.  I remember hearing the words written on this board echoing through my head, "clusters don't kill you, they only hurt a lot" and thinking how fucked that was....how wrong that was...how everytime I tried a new med, everytime I believed something would help me, everytime I went to a new doctor...only to find myself bald with clusters or with kidney failure and clusters or with my clusters worse, a little piece of my died.  I walked out of my bathroom that night...hating myself for being too weak to even end this once and for all.

There was a time in my life where hope was the most dangerous thing of all.  I would not allow myself to take any more medications, or see anymore doctors, or try any treatments...doing those things requires hope...and having hope entails the risk of having such hope dashed to the floor again....and dashed hopes came too fucking close to taking my life. And so I suffered...alone...and unmedicated...but alive. There were those who thought me insane, who accused me of enjoying the pain, of being a martyr. Their thinking was...if this med might help you, why the hell would you not even try it, why would you choose to suffer more? For some of us, the physical pain of clusters is nothing compared to the mental and emotional pain they can cause...saying the pain of a cluster is nothing should give you a general idea of the magnitude of the inner toil of which I speak. For me...not taking medications at that time in my life, as fucked as it sounds, helped me to suffer less. As a chronic, you know that your head is going to explode with pain every fucking day, more than likely for the rest of your fucking life....and for some of us...we need to accept that in order to live with it. We need to stop trying to fight and search and hope and dream and want and try...just to get by. There are those of us who would rather be chronic than episodic...if only to not have to remember what "pain free" feels like, so that we don't miss it quite so much.

There was a time in my life where my own suffering started to not seem so all consuming. I moved in with Dennis...and after a while, I let him see me in a cluster...I let him try to help me. No, I begged him with tears streaming down my face and pain eating through every cell in my body to "make it stop".  And the look in his eyes when he saw me like that...the helplessness...the fear...the anguish it caused him, not just that one time, but everytime I hurt...and I would tell him how sorry I was for causing him pain and he would tell me to shut the fuck up, that I never had to apologize, that it wasn't my fault. And it slowly dawned on me that no, having clusters was not my fault, but refusing treatment for them, was.  

I tried a medication again, with his help, that had failed me before. I am now pain free and have been for months.  

I have now become, hope.  

The moment is structured that way....I did what I needed to do at that time in my life, to survive. We all do. And we all expect others to feel the same things that we feel, to be at the same place that we are at, to deal with the pain in the same way as we do, and to understand why we do what we do when we do it.

There was a time in my life where expectations were the most dangerous thing of all....

Peace and love,
Georgia
IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
FrankW
New Board Newbie
Sweden 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #84 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 8:18am »

Think I'll get into bother for this one - but what the f..k - I have had this CH thing for long enough to qualify to comment.

I have also suffered quietly and privately and not shared "my pain" - for at least as many years as anyone else here. First time I get "proper meds" and I don't really know if they work because the cycle ended about the same time. (I was almost disappointed not finding out - and that's a worry!)  

Hell - I was conditioned as a kid not to allow a "simple headache" to interfere with my life or anyone elses. I have also been divorced and seperated many times and more than once screwed careers because intense private suffering can make you into a self contained private person with a nasty streak that partners and others rarely understand. But I guess too much attention, pity and care could make one a bit self absorbed - and that ain't good either, unless you happen to like self perpetuating depression.

Hey - I'm just periodic and remember only a few chronic periods - 'bout the same number of partners and careers I've had now I think about it...  I don't know or care now what my life would have been like if I'd known what meds had been around and they'd worked for me, but if it works for me now and others here then all power to it and those that try and help. No reason to fuck up your own life - and your partners life - if meds are available to help prevent it - and certainly no reason not to tell if you know and someone suffering doesn't.

I like the life I have now and the help I have had from this board is great - and almost totally from the psychological boost of sharing the experience of misunderstood pain with others who do know how it feels - but it is also great to see the threads that help stop it becoming just a mutual misery society.

I also won't be holding a dying clusterhead - but then I've also probably made sure no-one will hold me when I die. Some here feel bad about "pain in others eyes"?  Why? I would think carefully before using that for sympathy or to prove a point! A concerned expression is the least you can expect from those who care, be grateful for it - they need to feel and show that. Think how much worse it would be if no-one was there to show concern - or if your partners or children watched without showing concern. Respect the fact they do that - don't diminish them or yourself by always apologising for causing their concern - or they sooner or later will stop showing it because nobody likes self pity.

"Shut the fuck up - don't apologise - it isn't your fault" is  really good advice - but please remember children don't know how to say that. Before you flame me on that one - I have had five children, two are a lot more "distant" than they needed to be, one is dead and two were allowed to show their concern without any apologies from me and allowed to help in their own way - and they grew from it. Maybe one of them will hold me when I die.

Whats my point in this rambling?? - there maybe isn't one. Except perhaps to say that in spite of the severity of this pain - it seems there ain't got no choice but to live with it - if you find medications that work - then great. If you don't - then just join the bloody club - but never ever ever give up and never drop into a state where your whole life revolves around medications and misery. Life is far to precious for that - even "staring in the face of clusters".

Frank
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #85 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 10:16am »

damnit, Georgia, you made me cry with that one.  And I just did my makeup too.  Sheesh.

Rockin' post, girl.  You too, FrankW.  Thank you both for explaining that it's ok to show supporters your pain.  You do NOT have to feel guilty or sorry that you're putting us "through" this.  We're a pretty tough lot, too, ya know.

and....Georgia....when I read about your pain freedom, I smiled big.  It's about freakin time, lady!!  (( (_!_) )) I continue to dance for you, my girl.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
hunterdon04
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #86 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 11:01am »

wow..i just read this entire string and let me tell ya...it was really intense....i just cant get over how we all have such simular tales to tell...for the first 20 years i tried to keep my pain to myself..i remember the "pain" i used to put my family thru when i was younger, before the meds, the pacing, the crying, the yellin "just leave me alone!!" ice and tylenol..i really dont know how i survived...i remember being in the clinical trails for imitrex (i hate needles, but i did it anyway and it worked my god it worked!!!) i'd tell people its a god-send, but who was i telling? i was tellin people that never knew the pain i suffered...in a way we are all truley alone in this test...but thank god i have a circle of friends and family that would do ANYTHING to help me, which i am so greatful for...i sometimes feel like such a coward when i try to explain to "strangers" what im goin thru..thank god my boss has "witnessed" me going thru a CH, so i dont have to feel tooo quilty about missing 2 days a work...man i hate these headaches...it never ends this feeling of failure that creeps up along with the beast, tearing at my self-worth...it HATE it...i just hate it...i HATE it..and im gonna kill it put it out of its misery one day
IP Logged

i wont surrender, well not this minute anyway
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

« Reply #87 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 11:01am »

WOW, Georgia.... you made me cry too!
IP Logged
hunterdon04
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #88 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 4:28pm »

lord i have learned so much from you all in the last 5 days...i could not be more greatful...i am getting my very own o2 tank in my home on thursday...and im thinkin of trying meletonine and i thank youz for the advice on my new regimine of nasel and inj...i was alone in this struggle and im not any more...so all i can say, being a 20 year suffering newbie, is bring the info on...!!!!!!!!..gary in hunterdon..
IP Logged

Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #89 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 4:47pm »

Thank you Georgia and Frank.  Those where amazing posts.  Frank, I just want you to know that what you said really hit hard. And I think it will greatly help me with my husband.  I have not failed him in some way and I am not having these on purpose to hurt him.  Buddy told me this as well and I think that maybe I need to be hit over the head a few times.  

Tiannia
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2004, 4:54pm by Tiannia » IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #90 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 5:04pm »

In nature showing pain is a sign of weakness so I think we relate to that unconciously.......when showing pain you open yourself up to be picked off by preditors thus puttin the group in harm's way. I think sumtimes it mite be a base to some of our deepest feelings about it......we still have instincts wether we know it or not and wether we need them or not.......were jus not in tune with them anymore. To each his own Pam  

Panic attacks are fight or flight instincts gone crazy......we have too much to worry about...too much goin on...and too much to do.....we don't know who our true freinds are or who our real ememy's are.........
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #91 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 8:26pm »

Hey Den................you look just like I pictured ya!

All kidding aside - Kim - don't know if you're still watching:

I'm sorry that you haven't found the magic fix.  I never did either.  Not yet.  I know I'll keep looking.  I'm too much of wimp not too.

I think the bottom line is this:  whatever works.  If you don't want the meds - your choice.  Period.  Good luck.  If you want meds - your choice.  Period.  Good luck.

Having a forum where you can post, cry, vent, share is important for our mental well-being.  And that's one of the reasons this sight is great.  That said, I think of equal importance, is the fact that this board posts possible remedies, treatments, etc.  How many of us printed out all possible treatments and brought them with us to our doctors with the hope that something that we found would work?  If that wasn't here for the taking what would your first doc's appt been like?  What would have you left there with?  Anything?  Another headache maybe?  Hasn't all of this information being available to us made us all a little more aggressive when seeking possible treatments.  If not, it should have.  At the very least we've all become more educated, have we not?  If not, we should be.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.  In this case, dangerous to the doctors, pharmecueticals (SP) etc.  It's only through education that we can get the word out and work towards a cure.

It's really all about choices.  As Den says, take what you need, leave the rest.  It's all here if you want (as it should be).  

Wishing you all a Happy and PF New Year!  Linda T
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #92 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 9:09pm »

I've been reading this since thread since the first day.  I have to admit that I admire Kim's resolve and inner strength.  But everyone doesn't have those attributes to the same degree.

My CH elevated in frequency over a couple of years.  I took sometimes-effective abortives/pain meds but no preventatives.  (I don't like taking pills every day.  No one does.) When I reached 3 or so really bad CH a day, every day, I started thinking about what would happen when I reached 5 a day.  

I finally decided that when I started having more than 5 a day that it would be impossible to handle it and that I would have to kill myself to put myself out of my misery. (What was I thinking?  They shoot horses, don't they...)  My MD and Bennie Sue who has CHHelp.org convinced me to start Verapamil which helped some by reducing the frequency and intensity.  (Thank you to them again. )  I educated myself using this site as a starting place.

A year and a half later I started with melatonin, which almost eliminated the CH.  Doubling my Verapamil got rid of almost all of the occasional shadows and very occasional CH I was still having.  Now I have O2 for backup and have Imitrex for when I screw something up (forget my melatonin or Verapamil or drink too much.)

Bottom line: you don't know how bad off you were until you are better.  I suffered and suffered for no reason except stupidity and stubborness.  I was miserable and lived from headache to headache and that was about the sum of my existence.  

If someone chooses to suffer by taking no meds, that's their (in my opinion unfortunate) choice.  If meds don't work or make things worse, it would be smart to avoid taking anything.  I feel sorry for someone in that position and hope that they have tried absolutely everything before giving up.  

But these freaking CH are not normal or natural and it would be immoral and unethical not to educate everyone who has CH or who could possibly diagnose or treat CH about all possible treatments.  Clusterheads should have the freedom to choose their treatment or to choose none at all and to have their choices respected, especially by other Clusterheads.  But they have to have the choices to choose from in the first place.

And those used Imitrex needles and big O2 tank in the corner are just part of my reality now.  They are nothing to be proud or ashamed of.  I'm just glad I have them instead of the CH. And if the meds I have now stop working, I've already decided on the fungal treatment even if I have to spend a week in Amsterdam.  Then the fungal farm will be part of my reality and if you don't like it then stay out of my apartment!

Sorry this is such a long post but when I get going it's hard to stop.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2004, 9:12pm by t_h_b » IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #93 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 8:24am »

Good morning.  Thanks everyone for your input.  As always, I appreciate the miracle of having been able to tawk with comrades in arms ....

I would like to clarify one issue, however.

This post was a reflection of my PERSONAL experience with cluster headaches and not intended in any way to medically advise ANYONE.  I applaud all who have found a means of effectively battling clusters.  That's what we are all here for.  That said, I shall continue to share in my own special way***

Besides, it is FANTASTIC to see ole Tedsky get on the bus -  Hi Ted Cheesy

Now everbuddy SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin
IP Logged
hunterdon04
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #94 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 8:51am »

thanx kim for creating an important thread, next topic please... Wink
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #95 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 2:52pm »

on Jan 7th, 2004, 8:24am, kim wrote:
Now everbuddy SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

And if I don't??  Ya gonna come kick my ass?   WhoooHooo!!!  NOW I am excited!!!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #96 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 4:56pm »

I'll kick your ass!   Tongue
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
Brian_Y

Email

« Reply #97 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 5:22pm »

One time, when I was in college, there was this HOT girl who wanted the York Man.  Man, o man, was I in like frickin' Flynn!!!

Anyhoo, we went back to her dorm room and we had been drinking Bacardi 151 all night long.  It was choice.  I was mixing it with coke.  I think.  It may have been something else.

So I am not feeling so good after a while.  She is watching some football game on the tube wearing something O so nice.  Something definitely not G Rated.  I am feeling powerful and good.  The world is my oyster, as they say.

I go the bathroom.  It was one of those bathrooms where she shared it with another room.

The tiles were so cool.  So nice.  I have never slept so well.  Her suite-mate woke me up the next morning bellowing "What the fuck are you doing in there, moron?"

A personal story I wanted to share with y'all!!  Good times, good times!!!

O gosh, this may be the wrong thread.  Sorry!!!!!
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #98 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 5:25pm »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #99 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 5:45pm »

Charlie Cool
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss