Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 4:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone else got the holiday blues? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone else got the holiday blues?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone else got the holiday blues?  (Read 1537 times)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: Anyone else got the holiday blues?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 12:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

They sure ain't got the blues Mel  Cheesy Nice.

Nah. Swedes never have the blues at Christmas. Our celebrations are too fucken weird with St. Lucia Day....you gotta see it to believe it, Dala horses, Lutefisk, glogg, herring, and a shot & beer every fifteen minutes.  

http://www.internet-at-work.com/hos_mcgrane/holidays/nora.html

Seriously, nothing beats Svenska pastry at Christmas. I'm only one left who makes the cookies. Fun.

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2004, 12:40am by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 12:39am »

Every year at this time I get kinda down.   I just keep looking at the bright side.  On Dec. 22, the days (daylight) start getting longer.  Soon it will be time to insure the air conditioner is in good working order.  Soon, I can get the motorcycle out the shed and clean it up a bit.  Soon, I can forget about the current outdoor temp that is currently in the teens.  Soon-----it just doesnt seem soon enough.   Kinda like waiting for the monster to leave my head in the summer.  Hang in there.   The holidays are gonna be over soon.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

« Reply #27 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 1:48am »

Yeah, I hear ya.  I'm always pretty down around the holidays.  I never really have a reason, just am.  

I think it may be hereditary, my Grandmother is always that way too.

Maybe not believing in Santa Claus anymore is a big reason, I was just thinking the other day about the feeling I got when I woke up in the morning and Santa had brought me all sorts of toys and he had ate the cookies and milk that I left him and he even wrote me a little note of thanks.

Maybe I'll feel differently when I have kids and get to play Santa.
IP Logged

K-9
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #28 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 2:17am »

Maybe we should all just participate in the "Festivus for the rest of us", Seinfeld style.  No decorations here, and still not done with the shopping.  Just like CH, it'll all be over soon!!!
IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #29 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:53am »

I dunno if it is the blues.  Too much going on.  Building a house from 1000 miles away, lots happening at work (neat stuff, but LOTS of neat stuff)... too much.

All year long when my wife and I go shopping every single thing I point at and say 'oooo' invokes a 'Yow! That is fucking hideous!' remark from her.    

Thus, shopping for her is the single most stressful part of my holidays.  After days of vain searching, I end up at Amazon tossing absolutely useless shit into the cart and clicking checkout (done with that... last weekend).  

Next time we do a cruise, I am going to make certain the itinerary includes an island where it is legal to beat the fuck outta your spouse.  As soon as we step off the ship, I am going to roll her.  No explanation... just 'Ho Ho, ya Ho'.

/going to spit in her cereal
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Bethany1
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always do whatever's next.

« Reply #30 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:03am »

Yep, first year married, No Tree, No presents, No decorations. Don't feel like going out shopping AT ALL. Ordering stuff online, dont even know if it will be here by Christmas. This is the first year I have ever felt like this. Strange.

B
IP Logged

I am sofa king we todd did.

crack is wack
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:17am »

No mostly.....for the most part I am in the xmas spirit, my kids are SOOOO excited about Santa and the xmas lights and decorations it's hard not to be Grin

But I have been having moments of sadness, this the the time of the year I really wish my mom where still on this earth.  I want my mommy lately Undecided
Also missing my dad.....he is still on this earth, but that's a whole nother story. ugh  
Also my brother RayRay just turned 18 and moved back to NH and I'm missing his smartass being around a bit.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
hilbily
New Board Junior
USA 

Take time to play

« Reply #32 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:33am »

Not blue but upbeat for now. I guess going out of cycle (I hope) helps. Sometimes instead of waiting for the spirit to come, go out and try to give some away. Find someone who needs help. Check local DFACS and see if they have some kids in need. It would be a rough time to have been taken away from your (even lousy) parents. Never know what you might find. Remember the real reason for the season!
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I poisoned Santa, shot the reindeer, and sold Mrs. Claus to a Bangkok brothel. I ran all the elves through a woodchipper, and the ones who were still twitching, I beat them to death with Rudolph's severed leg. I bombed the Polar Express, rigged my chimney with claymore mines, and spit in the eggnog.

No... I *love* the holidays!! I'm in SUCH a good mood!  mad furious
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:37am »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 8:33am, hilbily wrote:
Sometimes instead of waiting for the spirit to come, go out and try to give some away. Find someone who needs help.

BINGO!!  hilbily, this is a wonderful post!  I know when I start getting down, I step outside of myself and think of others.  Even just putting some money in the Salvation Army bucket lifts me up.  Then shopping for other people always helps too.  Yesterday I went to get gifts for the local old age home, that the kids will be wrapping and taking to them tomorrow.  It is selfish in a way, but a GOOD way! Grin
IP Logged
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #35 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:29am »

Maybe these can bring some Christmas cheer.

Christmas past...

Christmas present...

Hang in there DD and try to have a merry Christmas even if you just do it for the kids.

Pat
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
becky8

Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:44am »

Good thread Donna, this year I am really happy. I have been for the last few years, but not always....... the kids thats what it really is all about to me and giving to others (new years is about the grown-ups) I love to see everyone elses faces, I really could care less about me at Christmas! Not trying to sound saintly, I have had some really really down Christmas so I now just try to focus on the kids and other poeple. Right now my daughter at school is doing a secret santa thing and its fun trying to come up with little things to get her person Smiley wondering who it is!! I'm happy!!!!!
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #37 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 1:09pm »

Nope. Not me.
Tree is up and decorated. Lights are on the house. Wife has done all her holiday baking and given it all away. She said I can't have any because I'm already too fat.  
Got my Christmas present(s) already. Started erecting them yesterday. Too big to put under the tree so I just left the Visa receipt for the wife there.
The wife has all her presents already hanging in the closet and on her fingers.  
Last night we did the Angel Tree thing.
Tonight we celebrate our anniversary with dinner at the Mirage.
We will be going to the daughter's house to watch the grandsons open presents.
And best of all I get Christmas day off work. First Christmas I've had off in 9 years.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #38 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 1:45pm »

Christmas - bah humbug.  Kids are too old for it to be exciting anymore.  The grand daughter is still too young to know what is going on.  No money for gifts even if I did feel worth a shit.  On top of all the other crap that has been going on my car broke down.  I've gotta come up with $300 for the parts to fix it, then I have to put 'em in myself.  Nothing I can't handle, but it's just a pain in the ass replacing a flywheel, clutch assembly and starter on a transverse mounted engine on a front wheel drive car.  I was working on putting up a tree.  Had to chase down 2 burned out bulbs on the light string - that took a good 45 minutes.  Got that fixed and decided to take a break to cheer myself up.  Ended up here joining a chorus of fuck christmas.  

I say we all dump water on ourselves, join hands and walk into an electrical substation and see how many well decorated houses we can darken when we grab the high power lines.

Ho Ho fucken Ho
IP Logged
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #39 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 1:57pm »

Gee, Donna, seems as though you're not alone in your blah mood. I sure hope it improves for a lot of people. Sure doesn't feel right seeing so many of you in such a down state.

Wish there were something I could do to brighten the outlook of many.  

I'm looking to witness one of the greatest gifts my husband will get this year!!!!!!!     Although coming from a quite "deranged" family.......that fought on and off for years.........I'm SOOOOoooooooooooo looking forward to the smiles on his face when we spend time with his sister and her family this year.  Cry Cry Cry Cry  With his mother passing away last month, at least he and his sister have vowed to make a go of a relationship!!!   For too many years I sat painfully watching him react with my family, knowing he had to hurt inside. I need no other gifts this year. This is one I've wanted for him for too many years and couldn't give. My heart is full with just the thought of it, and the only sorrow is that his mother won't be here to share the day with us.  

So, I hope that each of you that are having too much of the blues, find a happy thought to dwell on.....and hopefully that will bring you a brighter day.

Wishing all those in cycle a pf day......and if that's not possible, at least a longer time of pf moments in between.

hugs,
EDNA
IP Logged
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 1:59pm »

Not me. I am excited. This is my favorite holiday of the year. The kids and grandkids will be home, the tree and decorations outside are beautiful. Having everyone home for the holiday and sitting around our dining room table is special to me. My parents are still living and in good health and I am fortunate enough to still be pain free, I have my health and people who love me and are not afraid to tell me.  
         But most of all it is what the holiday represents that makes it special for me. The celebration of the birth is real to me!........MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2004, 2:02pm by Jimi » IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

Redneck

Email

« Reply #41 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 6:50pm »

Holiday Blues?
Naw not me, got a brand new batch of cluster headaches to keep me smiling ! Can't drink for New Years, (not that this is a bad thing, may be nice to start one without a hangover  laugh)

But I try not to show this at home, don't want to ruin things for the family.

Even holiday blues can be offset by little things, my mother is improving, daughter made the deans list. So I can smile about some things.

Damn, I feel like a yo yo. Undecided
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #42 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:03pm »

Fuck no!!

Its just another day as the world turns.

I've worked many christmas and new years day and I own the damn company.

Just another day is what I say.
IP Logged
Bandette74
New Board Veteran
USA 

i can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

« Reply #43 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:26pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 8:35am, Jeepgun wrote:
I poisoned Santa, shot the reindeer, and sold Mrs. Claus to a Bangkok brothel. I ran all the elves through a woodchipper, and the ones who were still twitching, I beat them to death with Rudolph's severed leg. I bombed the Polar Express, rigged my chimney with claymore mines, and spit in the eggnog.

No... I *love* the holidays!! I'm in SUCH a good mood!  mad furious

i SO enjoy your posts. and i'm normally annoyed by downers, but there's something so wonderfully truthful in your sentiments.

the best i can give ya though are warmest wishes for a pain-free holiday!  Kiss
IP Logged

Teaudire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure
Jonny

Email

« Reply #44 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:32pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 7:26pm, Bandette74 wrote:
i SO enjoy your posts. and i'm normally annoyed by downers, but there's something so wonderfully truthful in your sentiments.

Yeah, he loves reading them.....LMAO Grin

Just a parody bro......Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2004, 7:32pm by jonny » IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #45 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:02pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 1:09pm, BobG wrote:

Nope. Not me.
Tree is up and decorated. Lights are on the house. Wife has done all her holiday baking and given it all away. She said I can't have any because I'm already too fat.  
Got my Christmas present(s) already. Started erecting them yesterday. Too big to put under the tree so I just left the Visa receipt for the wife there.
The wife has all her presents already hanging in the closet and on her fingers.  
Last night we did the Angel Tree thing.
Tonight we celebrate our anniversary with dinner at the Mirage.
We will be going to the daughter's house to watch the grandsons open presents.
And best of all I get Christmas day off work. First Christmas I've had off in 9 years.

...somehow, I hope all this is true.....  

on the other hand,  

knowing the Henderson, NV point-of-view....

i still hope all this is true....Happy Holidays Bob and yer fambly--
 (I think I'll go rent "Road Warrior".... that always cheers me up....)  Cool
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Leesa
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #46 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:49pm »

Christams hasnt been good for me since I was 12!
The tree is up, the stockings hung, light up in the house & all the cards are up too. But the money part is sooooooo tight this year that it squeeks!! Its the same thing every year and to add to this, I cant see any of my kids (David Matthew, Rachael, and Samantha) The only reason I did any of this is for John, Daniel, and Mykee. Other wise its just another day. Dave feels the same way. The ONLY real bright spot is I have my family here at home and yall.  
Baaaahhhhhh HUMBUG  Angry
Leesa, whos MRS Scrooge!!!
IP Logged

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #47 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 12:23am »

Wellll...Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year.  My birthday weekend was last weekend, and that was kind of a bust in some ways, but great in other ways!  I celebrated with my parents the day before my birthday, but then the day of my birthday it seemed everyone had the need to yell at me for something!  And then on Sunday night when David and I got back here to my apartment, he decided to start criticizing me at 2am by telling me that I'm a very negative person, etc.  Doesn't really seem like I just had a birthday.  I dunno...kinda depressing.

Normally I love Christmas, but I'm preparing for the hospital admission on the 27th, and I will be stuck in the hospital over new year's yet again this year.  I'm so burnt out and in pain that I'm sort of just not really in the Christmas spirit.  Been trying to listen to some Christmas music.

I was going to try to get out Christmas cards this year, but that didn't happen again...got too sick.  My mom and dad put up all the decorations in the house which look great.  I am finished my Christmas shopping, but that is just for mom, dad, brother, and David.  Just finished last weekend or so!

I hope I feel more Christmassy after getting through finals.  Our "break" starts at noon on the 23rd, and normally I wouldn't start back up until the 3rd of January, but I think I'll be missing school for a little while after New Year's.  <sigh>

Sorry to vent.  Just in a kinda sad mood tonight because of all the hospital shiznit and medical crap going on.

Luv ya Donna,
Lizzie Smiley
IP Logged

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #48 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 1:03am »

Far be it from me not to stop in and regurgitate a little more depression on such a festive holiday crowd.  
Quote:
Christmas hasnt been good for me since I was 12!

Yeah, but remember what you discovered at 13? Talk about Santa's treats...... go Leesa.
Quote:
I'm considering a total boycott of the holidays.  (I know, it sounds pathetic.)

No worries, Eyes. I'm not getting laid either.
Quote:
You guys could always convert and become  Jewish

Bugger that. I do the salt and the pickles. That's as Kosher as I get.
Quote:
I get moody, depressed, pissed off, and bitchy as hell and negative.

That's our Coot. I'm tellin ya, shave Brad's gut. It's one of them Sampson/Delielah kind of things. If you can't shave it, string it with lights. He won't know the difference.
Quote:
I'm cheerful this year!
Piss off, Marlin. You draw wimmen like flies, you treat wimmen like flies, and your brains are in your flies.
Quote:
Lutefisk, glogg, herring, and a shot & beer every fifteen minutes.

XMas with Chaz......heartwarming moments of history, herring and Drunken Swedish Stupor. Beauty.
Quote:
Next time we do a cruise, I am going to make certain the itinerary includes an island where it is legal to beat the fuck outta your spouse.

Biker. Now here's a man I'd be _proud_ to fuck.....if I fucked men......
Quote:
Maybe not believing in Santa Claus anymore is a big reason,
It's kinda the ultimate joke, Kimmie, eh? You grow up with everybody around you talking about the guy in the red suit doing your chimney, only to find out All of Reality has been Fucking with You. Cruel shoes indeed. Ho ho ho.
Quote:
I say we all dump water on ourselves, join hands and walk into an electrical substation and see how many well decorated houses we can darken when we grab the high power lines.

Cheesus H., Gator. I'm all for pissing on spark plugs, but you take things to a new low! Ho Fucking Ho.

Holiday blews.......
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #49 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 2:03am »

I think so far, this has to be the darkest, blueist Christmas I have ever had. Holidays haven't been the same since my mom passed in '93. I have an aunt who is gonna die any day now, and pretty torn up about that. Every year I try to get into the 'Christmas spirit' for the sake of my niece and nephew, but it's just not happening this year. As Butthead would say, "This sucks worse than anything that has ever sucked."  No tree here, no presents, no cards, and no ho's. Right now I am just amazed and grateful the lights are still on here. After reading this thread, I wish I could just reach through my monitor and give you all a big hug.  Cry
As for Satan, er... Santa, that fat old fuck passes me by every year anyway. I think he is still pissed at me for the year I left him curdled milk and cookies with rat turds in them instead of chocolate chips.  

Don'tcha know by now? I am always just full of cheer and good news.  Roll Eyes

Tidings of grated joy,
Carl D
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss