Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 6:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone else got the holiday blues? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone else got the holiday blues?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone else got the holiday blues?  (Read 1539 times)
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Anyone else got the holiday blues?
« Reply #50 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 2:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 16th, 2004, 1:45pm, Gator wrote:
Christmas - bah humbug.  Kids are too old for it to be exciting anymore.  The grand daughter is still too young to know what is going on.  No money for gifts even if I did feel worth a shit.  On top of all the other crap that has been going on my car broke down.  I've gotta come up with $300 for the parts to fix it, then I have to put 'em in myself.  Nothing I can't handle, but it's just a pain in the ass replacing a flywheel, clutch assembly and starter on a transverse mounted engine on a front wheel drive car.  I was working on putting up a tree.  Had to chase down 2 burned out bulbs on the light string - that took a good 45 minutes.  Got that fixed and decided to take a break to cheer myself up.  Ended up here joining a chorus of fuck christmas.  

I say we all dump water on ourselves, join hands and walk into an electrical substation and see how many well decorated houses we can darken when we grab the high power lines.

Ho Ho fucken Ho

Oh what a difference a day makes.  I went to my son's Winter Symphony tonight.  It was magnificent.  First time I ever sat through an entire concert without an attack.  When I got out to the van, all it would do is go "Click"  Battery fully charged, fluids all good, no wires cut or burnt that I could see.  Just fucken, "Click"  I was thinking maybe the solenoid went out on the starter, so I yanked the starter out just in time for all the auto parts houses to be closed.  Now in addition to all the mirth and merriment of my previous post, I am totally vehicleless.  Got to get the wife to work and the kids to school and get my fat ass into town tomorrow to try and figure out what the fuck is wrong with vehicle #2.  I'm praying it's the starter.  If there is a God, it will be the starter.  

I really don't know how much more of this Sad Sack life I can take.  Every day brings me just that much closer to check out time.  It's just not worth this much trouble to stay alive and be so fucking miserable.

IP Logged
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #51 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 3:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 17th, 2004, 2:35am, Gator wrote:

I really don't know how much more of this Sad Sack life I can take.  Every day brings me just that much closer to check out time.  It's just not worth this much trouble to stay alive and be so fucking miserable.

Cry Cry Cry Cry
I'm kind of at a loss for words, and don't want to hand you some cliche or anything. Dude, you HAVE to make it through this. it IS worth it to keep fighting. It seems for alot of us here, when it rains it pours - and the shit just keeps piling up and all you can think of is "What next?" The thing is... if you decide to 'check out early' - you might miss a ray of light that could be just around the corner. All we have is hope, but we have to hang on to that hope. There is a reason to keep on fighting, even if You do suffer wounds in the battle, NEVER give up the war. I hope that makes sense. Sending you all of the vibes and energies I can muster up, and keeping you in prayer bro. Just DON'T give up. You have more reasons to live than you even know.

Peace,
Carl D
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #52 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 9:05am »

Mike, please keep on hangin' in there. The world would be a dimmer place without you.

For what it's worth, I gave Santa the antidote, rescued Mrs. Claus before she was violated, patched up all the reindeer and even put all of the elves back together. (Oh, and Rudolph can have his leg back too, I guess...) I cleaned the claymore mines out of the chimney and even whipped up a new batch of spit-free eggnog.

Happiest of holidays, everyone!! Smiley

-Frank
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #53 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 10:36am »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 8:02pm, Not4Hire wrote:

...somehow, I hope all this is true.....  

on the other hand,  

knowing the Henderson, NV point-of-view....

i still hope all this is true....Happy Holidays Bob and yer fambly--
 (I think I'll go rent "Road Warrior".... that always cheers me up....)  Cool

LMAO. Yep it's all true.
Even in Hendertucky, NV a Happy Christmas is possible.
 Grin
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #54 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 10:49am »

The thing that I get sad about at holiday time is being far away from my friends Cry.....

...that includes all of you.

IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 10:58am »

Gator, I think Carl put it very very well.  Any better than I could.  But I must add what I live by, "everything happens for a reason" if I didn't believe that I don't know where I'd be!  There has to be a reason for sh*t, if only to make us stronger, or prepare us for something else, then hopefully to lead to some happiness and peace.  And what about your son?  When I start saying I can't DO this anymore, I just remember how it would affect my kids if they were missing a parent.  I lost my mom at age 23 and it was HARD at that age, I could not imagine losing her as a child.  Hang in there, sending you lotsa vibes of strength and luck.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #56 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 11:26am »

Transportation problems SUCK, Mike. CH SUCKS. Having a fat ass sucks (I know that personally  Grin) In the big picture none of that is worth giving up. Lord knows...there are worse things. Hang in there, hun...we're here for ya!  
 hug  hug
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2004, 11:36am by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
becky8

Email

« Reply #57 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 11:32am »

Oh my god, I haven't read this thread since I posted. MIke, STOP IT RIGHT NOW. See, I was sitting here happy and now I got tears. Mike don't you know how special you are???? I hate you talking like that, you're breaking my heart. You were the main person that helped me (and so many others) You can and you will get through this!!!  Cry now enough is enough!! Love Ya

Wendy
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #58 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 1:07pm »

Roger and dittto what Wendy said, Mike.
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #59 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 5:15pm »

Quote:
on 12/16/04 at 12:45:59, Gator wrote:

Christmas - bah humbug.  Kids are too old for it to be exciting anymore.  The grand daughter is still too young to know what is going on.  No money for gifts even if I did feel worth a shit.  On top of all the other crap that has been going on my car broke down.  I've gotta come up with $300 for the parts to fix it, then I have to put 'em in myself.  Nothing I can't handle, but it's just a pain in the ass replacing a flywheel, clutch assembly and starter on a transverse mounted engine on a front wheel drive car.  I was working on putting up a tree.  Had to chase down 2 burned out bulbs on the light string - that took a good 45 minutes.  Got that fixed and decided to take a break to cheer myself up.  Ended up here joining a chorus of fuck christmas.    

I say we all dump water on ourselves, join hands and walk into an electrical substation and see how many well decorated houses we can darken when we grab the high power lines.  

Ho Ho fucken Ho  

on Dec 17th, 2004, 2:35am, Gator wrote:

Oh what a difference a day makes.  I went to my son's Winter Symphony tonight.  It was magnificent.  First time I ever sat through an entire concert without an attack.  When I got out to the van, all it would do is go "Click"  Battery fully charged, fluids all good, no wires cut or burnt that I could see.  Just fucken, "Click"  I was thinking maybe the solenoid went out on the starter, so I yanked the starter out just in time for all the auto parts houses to be closed.  Now in addition to all the mirth and merriment of my previous post, I am totally vehicleless.  Got to get the wife to work and the kids to school and get my fat ass into town tomorrow to try and figure out what the fuck is wrong with vehicle #2.  I'm praying it's the starter.  If there is a God, it will be the starter.  

It was a very bad day yesterday and to top it all off, at 3:00am this morning my computer died.  That was the cherry on top of a totally fucked up day/week/year.  I contemplated what to do and decided to just go to bed.  

Well, here it is a bright new day.  I am feeling much better.  It was the starter on the van.  An $80.00 bad check and I was on the road again.  My computer unfucked up itself.  Seriously, it just started working again.  I know why, but that's another story.

Thank you all for rallying around me.  It is good to have people like you to kick me back in bounds when I go too far out there.

PF, Peace and Love to you all,

Mike
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #60 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 5:19pm »

Happy you're better, and we love You!!! stay well my friend!

Wendy
akabecky
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #61 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 6:24pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 7:53am, Rock_Lobster wrote:
Next time we do a cruise, I am going to make certain the itinerary includes an island where it is legal to beat the fuck outta your spouse.  As soon as we step off the ship, I am going to roll her.  No explanation... just 'Ho Ho, ya Ho'.

/going to spit in her cereal

LMMFAO!!!! Grin

Lemme know where and when, id love to OJ this/my bitch......LMAO

Edit...for clearafication Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2004, 6:27pm by jonny » IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #62 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 12:14am »

Yeah gator....gotta keep fightin the good fight for when ya run into all that GOOD luck......don't worry.....it'll happen........maybe this is jus a test.

marlin mentiond Mrs Clause in a pink thong....dude.....do you have any idea how old she is ? Bags and sags visual Pam   Tongue

PS: My furnace 'died' last nite........imagine that....in Ohio.....dead of winter !! And since we won't pay the annual $ 200.00 fee to my 24 hour service furnace co and then on top that the $ 80.00 flat fee for fall furnace inspecition to kick it all off to be ON there service plan they would not come out cuz we were not priority and the guy was busy till late on nuther job and only one workin. So.....to get the guy to come out we had to pay more then double.....punishment ??? The part takes longer to get outa the box then it does to take the old part off and install the new one....one screw is all that holds it. Worth $ 70.00....he wanted $ 219.00 paid when serviced. So Brad had to drive all the way out to the guys house at midnight when he got home to get the part himself to install and save us some BUCKS. It's jus onea them dam igniter plugs. Sure did boost up my bah-humfuck attitude. At least we got heat now tho. Sigh.......................
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2004, 12:21am by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss