Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 3:57pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ladies: What features make up a good catch (man)? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ladies: What features make up a good catch (man)?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ladies: What features make up a good catch (man)?  (Read 2572 times)
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

Re: Ladies: What features make up a good catch (ma
« Reply #25 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 7:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You go Linda............and you especially deserve better than what you seems to be getting lately.

((((((HUGS))))))
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:01pm »

Thank you  Jimi.  slowlaugh

I hope you and your family have a nice Holiday.

Give your beautiful wife a hug from me.   Linda

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #27 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:09pm »

Girls - have you ever noticed that those who get the least - seem to need to discuss it the most.  It's a little pitiful when you think of it. Wink
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:28pm »

Can I answer the questions being I'm a gay male?????  Grin
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
Jonny

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 20th, 2004, 8:28pm, Luke63 wrote:

Shit Luke, I thought PB Joe would be by before you.....LOL Grin
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #30 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:46pm »

on Dec 20th, 2004, 8:28pm, Luke63 wrote:

Sure!  I'll bet it'll be a lot more entertaining and more insightful than the poor showing we've gotten from the ladies so far.  Let's hear it!
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 20th, 2004, 8:46pm, marlin wrote:

Sure!  I'll bet it'll be a lot more entertaining and more insightful than the poor showing we've gotten from the ladies so far.  Let's hear it!

Seems to me the "poor showing" is on your part dude Grin
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #32 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:51pm »

Marlin - what is it that's missing from your life that seems to make you want to know all about life on the female side of things?  Hmmmmm - a little curious wouldn't you say?

Perhaps you should check with your better half to see what she believes you're missing!  Might be surprising.
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #33 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 8:55pm »

on Dec 20th, 2004, 8:51pm, Grandma_Sweet_Boy wrote:
Marlin - what is it that's missing from your life that seems to make you want to know all about life on the female side of things?  Hmmmmm - a little curious wouldn't you say?

Perhaps you should check with your better half to see what she believes you're missing!  Might be surprising.

Now that deserves 1st prize so far.
IP Logged
Leesa
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:05pm »

Cat, great way to put it hun. BRAVO!!  Grin

Okay here goes from this gal...............

I am blessed to be married to my soul mate. Dave is loyal, loving, HONEST, hard working, good looking, warm, makes me LMAO when I want to cry, gets mad WITH me over stuff, makes me rage with anger, shows me he loves me for me. He only wants the best for me and of me as I do from him and I get the best everyday. I give him my best everyday and he does the same for me. Hes my best friend. He's everything I ever wanted, needed or desired in one package! Dave and I just got married in July, and yet we have been together for 4 yrs. Every day its new and exciting all over again. Its NEVER EVER boring!!  Wink
Ya know money can buy you lots of THINGS but it will never buy you TRUE happiness.  Looks fade but TRUE love will over come everything you throw at it!!  
Leesa, whos a happy camper  Grin

PS: Marlin, have you ever ASKED your better half what SHE wants from you?? Neat thing, TALKING is it works wonders when your clueless dear. Give it shot you may find ya like it.  Wink
IP Logged

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:27pm »

Ree's choice... NO Cops, NO hairdressers and NO bartenders... those all hold the red flag to me.  They all have big ego's and groupies... and be sure he likes his mother... My first hubby had mom issues and every woman had to suffer because his mom was a bi-otch.... Dave on the other hand is very nurturing and loves his mother dearly... If a guy loves his mother he will love his wife.  It was one of the things I loved about him when I met him and now that she is ill I can see it tearing him to pieces... I love a guy with feelings BUT~ physically he has to have rough hands... like he uses them... watching a man do physical work like chopping wood turns me on...    ree
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:28pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #36 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:30pm »

Marlin.that is all superficial stuff... means soo much nothing, in my opinion.
I may not have a right to speak from experience, only been married 31 yrs..  
BUT......
This is why I married the man I did.....
My husband has a heart..........he listens and responds..he is sensitive..knows it's ok for a man to cry sometimes. He is smart and  has a marvelous sense of humor, and I genuinely LIKE him....as well as the love I have for him. He never expects more from me than he is willing to give of himself. He's honorable, honest and he loves his family enough to stand by them waiting to help, but NOT doing it....ready to catch., but never chastising..willing to listen...and speak only when I am all out of words....tender, caring.....we stand together-always, members of our own team,and we are unbeatable!!!
Oh, and TRUST!!! We trust each other implicity!
Marlin, the things you mentioned are things anyone can "get".........and it all shows on the outside....the REAL value is hidden on the inside.....and I am not sure you know where to look.
 Oh, and he likes me... He really, really likes me.......I would go so far as to say he loves me....what say YOU, Marlin?
Keep trying.....can't hurt............. might help! You might become a man some day! Wink
Cathi-who will probably be adding to this post a lot.........

Back again..I realize.. there are many women out there who could teach you to dance... but NOONE...that's NOONE..can help you hear the music.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2004, 11:16pm by Cathi04 » IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

Catch anything lately?
« Reply #37 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:34pm »

Not sure what the future Ex sees in me, but I'm not stupid enough to ask any questions. Wowsers. You wimmenfolk sure have gotten persnickty over the last 3 decades. I sure miss the days when $20, a bottle of Bordeaux and an award winning smile made great inroads towards disgusting, cheap sex with NO committments.  

No wonder y'all get headaches,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #38 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:35pm »

Lips Sealed

Only becuase the question was asked byy marlin, and he deserves a  bash bash bash to infinity...
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #39 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 11:00pm »

One turnoff is men named after fish......I like men with hair where it should be verses everywhere else in groves like a primate. No knuckle dragging please. Gotta love to have fun and be spontaneous. Beer is good. And anyone that can put up with me and my moodyness is a REAL MAN. Hey....I got gekco's for Xmas Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 11:08pm »

on Dec 20th, 2004, 11:00pm, cootie wrote:
One turnoff is men named after fish......

Oh. Coot......yer killing me. Oh. .....like....what....Bass? Sturgeon? Weakfish? Walleye? Marlin?  
Shit. OK, now I get it.....the marlin thing.

on Dec 20th, 2004, 11:00pm, cootie wrote:
I like men with hair where it should be verses everywhere else in groves like a primate.

STOP. Coot. Yer killing me here...........

And you say it with such a straight face,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #41 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 11:40pm »

First, for Vig:

I know I'm going to take a beating.....please.  Shocked
but will someone tell me what Marlin wrote that's  
gotten him in such troublez? I'm not referring to his posts on this thread.  

I must have missed it. I just haven't been able to keep up.  

Fire away  

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

Re: Catch anything lately?
« Reply #42 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 12:02am »

on Dec 20th, 2004, 10:34pm, Mr. Happy wrote:
Not sure what the future Ex sees in me, but I'm not stupid enough to ask any questions.

Grin  Grin    

Quote:
I sure miss the days when $20, a bottle of Bordeaux and an award winning smile made great inroads towards disgusting, cheap sex with NO committments.
 Just plain f*cking class Hap!   Grin

Lucky.  Wish you were my older brother, I would have gotten a clue.  

I had $10.00, Annie Green Springs(but needed three bottles  Wink)and a Pinto (yellow!).    

Thanks for sharing... NOW!

Kevin M

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2004, 1:54am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #43 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 12:17am »

on Dec 20th, 2004, 11:40pm, Charlie wrote:
First, for Vig:

I know I'm going to take a beating.....please.  Shocked
but will someone tell me what Marlin wrote that's  
gotten him in such troublez? I'm not referring to his posts on this thread.  

I must have missed it. I just haven't been able to keep up.  

Fire away  

Charlie

I know!  These ladies behave like one of those pull-toys I had when I was a kid.  I pull and I get a predictable respose. Simple.  They hate it when I do the pulling.  They think that's a womans's job.  Where's those ACLU dopes when they could do some good.  Equal rights for men.  We get to pull too LMFAO!!!!!!
IP Logged
Apple
New Board Newbie

« Reply #44 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 12:28am »

Not sure what order...but these are the absolute necessities:
1) Really, really, really loves you
2) Loyal
3) Honest
4) Hard working
5) Caring and considerate/never violent
6) Has a good sense of humor  
7) Intelligent
Cool Good grooming
9) Very stable emotionally
(1-9 are imperative)

Next in line (these are very important):  
9)  Good looks/sexual attraction
10) A good education or concrete plans to get one
11) Lots of motivation
12) Plans for the future
13) Generous with you, but does not throw money away
14) A good listener and friend.

How's that? Tall order, I guess.
I think I just described my hubby!!! LOL!

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2004, 12:34am by Apple » IP Logged

I don't have CH, I have horrible migraines. Doc says they have "cluster features." Can I still stay? Migraines suck. Can I say that?
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #45 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 12:33am »

Your experience....

Rich/broke/doesn't matter? Pay the bills dont care if we have extra. Hell Shaun and I where happier at times when we made a lot less money and had to just get by. Now we get by and have a lot more toys, and more frustrated cause we dont have extra money.

Handsome/average/doesn't matter? Used to care a lot about looks. Now I just love the fact that he is proud to have me on his arm. It is nice to have guys stop ad take a second look.  Besides pretty biys where usually really superficial and you never got to know them.  I like a man with confidence

Stout/slim/doesn't matter? Got to have some meat on thier bones. Dont want an elbow through my ribcage when we are having "grownup time"  Wink

bald/lots of hair/doesn't matter? Never really cared. My best friend has longer hair then me and I love to mess with his har, my husband keeps his shaved. Whatever makes them confortable.

Experienced relationships (sex etc) w/lots of women/few/doesn't matter?  He was ex football player and ex army - lots of other women (used to make me self-consious but now I like the fact that no matter what I can do things that makes him forget about all of the others.  Grin

Traveled all over the world.../country bumpkin/doesn't matter? I like the traveled all over the world. We can have great converstaion about how the culters are different in the of the places that both of us have been.  He is still down to earht as well. Dont want a ken doll.

Older/younger/doesn't matter? Like someone else said I dont want to babysit / but I dont want to change his diapers either. SHuan is actually 16 days younger them me.

Dark hair/light hair/doesn't matter? Dont care as long as it is not pink or green or something like that.

College grad/flunked out/doesn't matter? Education does nt always come from school.  I know lots of people who graduated from college and dont know their ass from a hole inthe ground, but they can tell you what is on page 493 of X text book.  I like a well educated man with good common sense.

Sense of humor/serious/doesn't matter? OMFG give me a break.  Humor is needed, but there are times when serious has to happe. A good man knows when that is.

Party animal/religious/doesn't matter? Considering we are Pagan, this is a tough queston to answer. Because we are both religious but it is more of a way of life.  Used to party a lot, but dont really get off on that anymore.

-Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #46 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 12:36am »

on Dec 21st, 2004, 12:17am, marlin wrote:

I know!  These ladies behave like one of those pull-toys I had when I was a kid.  I pull and I get a predictable respose. Simple.  They hate it when I do the pulling.  They think that's a womans's job.  Where's those ACLU dopes when they could do some good.  Equal rights for men.  We get to pull too LMFAO!!!!!!

Marlin,  I doubt that anyone has ever called me predictable.  You can ask a couple of peopleon the board about that.  But you I would love takeing off at the knees and watch you flop. The problem is that you honestly think that you are on charge with these posts and most of the itme you are avoiding what you are being asked.  So if anyone is behaving in a sterio typical way it is you.
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #47 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 1:07am »

Quote:
I had $10.00, Annie Green Springs(but three bottles   )and a Pinto (yellow!).    

Oh yes...Annie Green Springs...those would've been enough for me to put out in 1973, Kev... Wink
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Bandette74
New Board Veteran
USA 

i can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

« Reply #48 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 2:00am »

here goes:

money matters--established and responsible professional

looks matter in that he must care about how he looks (do the best with what ya got and be comfortable with it)

intelligence extremely important (college grad almost necessary or something close)

level-headed--not a fan of drama kings

sex--be interested in more than just getting your rocks off  

wit, charm, manners, self-confident, etc.

kindness, genuine, thoughtful

#1 i need to truly respect and admire you before i can fall in love
----------------------------------

now, having said that, i also have to say that i am single, but i have been truly blessed with wonderful men in my life, and many fit all or most of the descriptions listed. some of these descriptions are more shallow than others, but not all of me is "deep". i live a certain lifestyle, and it's important for me to be with someone who's comfortable in that lifestyle, or we'll both be miserable.
IP Logged

Teaudire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #49 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 4:04am »

I can’t tell you what women want in a man. There is so many of them and they all have different ideas, wants and needs.

But, I can tell you what they don’t want in a man.

They don’t want a man that is so insecure with himself that he has to insult others to make himself feel better.

They don’t want a man the thinks all women (except his mother) are to be used and abused.

They don’t want a man that was probably breast fed until the age of 5 by an insecure mother.

They don’t want a man that wasn’t potty trained until the age of 5 by the insecure mother.

They don’t want a man that was raised by an abusive father that teaches his son that women are only on this earth to be used and thrown away.

They don’t want a man that, no matter what a conversation is about he will turn it into an argument about himself and how great he (mistakenly) thinks he is.

This could go on and on so I’ll stop with just one more.

They don’t want a man that will go to a Clusterheadache message board and ask personal questions about their love life and then insult them with his attitude that they would all be better off if they just submitted to his perverted thinking.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss