Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 5:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ladies: What features make up a good catch (man)? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ladies: What features make up a good catch (man)?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ladies: What features make up a good catch (man)?  (Read 2573 times)
Jeepgun

Email

Re: Ladies: What features make up a good catch (ma
« Reply #75 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 8:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

ROFL, Charlie! Long term relationships require a lot.

Don't get me started on the requirements for a cheap sweaty game of "hide the pickle."  laugh
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #76 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 9:46am »

Eddie,
You're BOTH amazing people, and I love you both!! Merry,Merry Christmas!!!!
IP Logged
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

« Reply #77 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:32am »

MY experience....

ABSOLUTELY necessary:
honesty
integrity
intelligence
sense of humor
quick and true smile
heterosexual

Rich/broke/doesn't matter? I just don't want to have to support him....

Handsome/average/doesn't matter? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The physically ugliest man can become beautiful because of a great personality and the way he treats people, and the best looking man can become ugly from a horrid personality or the way he treats people.

Stout/slim/doesn't matter? No preference

bald/lots of hair/doesn't matter? No preference

Experienced relationships (sex etc) w/lots of women/few/doesn't matter? Not TOO many women.... too much risk of diseases then...

Traveled all over the world.../country bumpkin/doesn't matter? Either one, or somewhere in between

Older/younger/doesn't matter? Old enough.... but not more than 10 years younger than my father

Dark hair/light hair/doesn't matter? I prefer dark hair, but it doesn't matter

College grad/flunked out/doesn't matter? Intelligence is all that matters.

Sense of humor/serious/doesn't matter? Sense of humor - normal, wicked, wry....

Party animal/religious/doesn't matter? In between

OK... add extra if you like....

prefer no beard or mustache - goatee is okay

as for the "male appendage" - definite necessity
 Lips Sealed

And the must-not-haves - BobG is absolutely right!
on Dec 21st, 2004, 4:04am, BobG wrote:
I can’t tell you what women want in a man. There is so many of them and they all have different ideas, wants and needs.

But, I can tell you what they don’t want in a man.

They don’t want a man that is so insecure with himself that he has to insult others to make himself feel better.

They don’t want a man the thinks all women (except his mother) are to be used and abused.

They don’t want a man that was probably breast fed until the age of 5 by an insecure mother.

They don’t want a man that wasn’t potty trained until the age of 5 by the insecure mother.

They don’t want a man that was raised by an abusive father that teaches his son that women are only on this earth to be used and thrown away.

They don’t want a man that, no matter what a conversation is about he will turn it into an argument about himself and how great he (mistakenly) thinks he is.

This could go on and on so I’ll stop with just one more.

They don’t want a man that will go to a Clusterheadache message board and ask personal questions about their love life and then insult them with his attitude that they would all be better off if they just submitted to his perverted thinking.

Lizzie
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:36am by AlienSpaceBabe » IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #78 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

One thing I find odd about all the responses...  Seems to contradict the theme of the female pic-o-the-day posts and the strategy of the ENTIRE ADVERTISING AND MEDIA INDUSTRY.

marlin thinks none of you are being entirely honest or I simply didn't word this thing correctly...

anyhow, thanks for playing Smiley
IP Logged
john_d

Email

« Reply #79 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 1:50pm »

Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.

-Oscar Wilde

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #80 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 1:53pm »

Quote:
marlin thinks none of you are being entirely honest or I simply didn't word this thing correctly...  

marlin refers to himself in the third person, now...how haughty....it's those delusions of grandeur again...
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #81 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 2:55pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 1:53pm, nani wrote:

marlin refers to himself in the third person, now...how haughty....it's those delusions of grandeur again...

If you keep it up marlin won't be letting you hump his leg in Dallas Grin
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #82 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:06pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 2:55pm, marlin wrote:

If you keep it up marlin won't be letting you hump his leg in Dallas Grin
Shit! Another dream shot to hell during the Christmas season. Thanx!  
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

« Reply #83 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:15pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:11am, marlin wrote:
One thing I find odd about all the responses...  Seems to contradict the theme of the female pic-o-the-day posts and the strategy of the ENTIRE ADVERTISING AND MEDIA INDUSTRY.

anyhow, thanks for playing Smiley

elizabeth thinks marlin just doesn't get it....

elizabeth doesn't think any/many of the women here would want to be with one of the pics-of-the-day if he didn't have the traits/qualities that we find necessary....

perhaps marlin is merely deluded?
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #84 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:27pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:15pm, AlienSpaceBabe wrote:

elizabeth thinks marlin just doesn't get it....
...perhaps marlin is merely deluded?

perhaps and perhaps.
So I have thing illegal Mexican that cleans up my yard.  Nice guy! Nicer than any of your characterizations - EASY. I pay him $15/hr even though he always asks for $8 because he works hard and I really like him. I want him to have some damned $$$$$$$$.  He's homely as all hell, I don't know if he sleeps inside and he smells a little.  Interested?
IP Logged
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

« Reply #85 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:44pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:27pm, marlin wrote:

perhaps and perhaps.
So I have thing illegal Mexican that cleans up my yard.  Nice guy! Nicer than any of your characterizations - EASY. I pay him $15/hr even though he always asks for $8 because he works hard and I really like him. I want him to have some damned $$$$$$$$.  He's homely as all hell, I don't know if he sleeps inside and he smells a little.  Interested?

Hmmmm.... Wisconsin and Arizona... kinda far away, ain't it? Undecided  It can be worth it for the right person, but not for finding the right person..... Roll Eyes

Guess I should have added that he needs to be close enough to actually date on a semi-regular basis....
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #86 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:48pm »

(pssssst...........Liz.........isn't marlin just like one of those nasty scabs?  You know you should leave it alone but you can't help but pick at it?)
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #87 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:52pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:44pm, AlienSpaceBabe wrote:

Hmmmm.... Wisconsin and Arizona... kinda far away, ain't it? Undecided  It can be worth it for the right person, but not for finding the right person..... Roll Eyes

Guess I should have added that he needs to be close enough to actually date on a semi-regular basis....  

Sure.  Hey, maybe he has a cousin or brother in your neck-o-the-woods.  I can check if you like....

Get my point about being "entirely honest" dear?  A lot more complicated and there is a physical attraction component that all of you sped past so you could appear above all that stuff.  Just not the case. I know plenty of homely guys that never got a second look and it's not because they were mean-spirited axe murderers.
IP Logged
Bethany1
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always do whatever's next.

« Reply #88 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:54pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:48pm, Redd715 wrote:
(pssssst...........Liz.........isn't marlin just like one of those nasty scabs?  You know you should leave it alone but you can't help but pick at it?)

crackup crackup crackup crackup

IP Logged

I am sofa king we todd did.

crack is wack
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #89 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 4:47pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:52pm, marlin wrote:

Get my point about being "entirely honest" dear?  A lot more complicated and there is a physical attraction component that all of you sped past so you could appear above all that stuff.  Just not the case. I know plenty of homely guys that never got a second look and it's not because they were mean-spirited axe murderers.

Of course there is a physical element. I have been out with plenty of plug ugly guys who still had that twinkle in their eyes from where their personality shone through. Yes you do look at a chap and think "phwoarr!"... same as men do if they see a pretty girl. Just 'cos you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu. But at the end of the day looks are only window dressing and if you don't have the back up of personality then you don't have the tools for a relationship.. other than a one night type!  
If you know homely guys who never got a second look then maybe its because they didn't have the personality to attract or maybe they were TOO nice.. no one wants a doormat.

My experience? Sense of humour is paramount. Intelligent - able to have a bloody good argument over anything from politics to music! Everything else you mentioned isn't relevant to what would attract me to a bloke. I like people I'm comfy with, too successful or rich or stuff like that would make me uneasy so it wouldn't work for me.. but thats me! One of natures scruffs!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #90 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 4:55pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 4:47pm, LeLimey wrote:

no one wants a doormat.

C'mon in! Just don't rub your shoes too hard, it hurts. Don't take em off and leave em sitting on top of me either. I don't like the smell.

Finally... a partly honest answer. Of course... on all of that stuff. Despite what you may think I'm not a total dope.  But somehow you have to get off square 1.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #91 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 5:01pm »

You are no doormat Marlin. I meant a "yes dear" man
and that is how I feel ( the rest of it) and if you don't like it.. BITE ME! ( I've been longing to say that for ages!)
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #92 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 6:52pm »

on Dec 20th, 2004, 5:53pm, marlin wrote:
My wifes experience....according to Barbara

Rich/broke/doesn't matter? She says Rich..............I say she lies cause I ain't LMAOHandsome/average/doesn't matter? She says doesn't matter because she picked Rich, she says if he's Rich and good looking he's probably got an attidude and thats a turnoff...........I'm not good looking so she's done good there but I still have an attitude Grin
Stout/slim/doesn't matter? She says Slim..................I used to be LMAO
bald/lots of hair/doesn't matter? She says doesn't matter...........................I have hair
Experienced relationships (sex etc) w/lots of women/few/doesn't matter? She says few, if there's lots of experience they're probably a cheater.......................I plead the fifth, she's watching me type Grin
Traveled all over the world.../country bumpkin/doesn't matter? She says well traveled.....................Hmm I've been to New Hampshire Grin
Older/younger/doesn't matter? She says Older................Thats me
Dark hair/light hair/doesn't matter? She says Dark.................Thats me
College grad/flunked out/doesn't matter? She says if he's Rich it doesn't matter Grin
Sense of humor/serious/doesn't matter? She says sense of humour Grin
Party animal/religious/doesn't matter? She says she likes a man who likes to have a few after Mass Grin

OK... add extra if you like....She says big turnoff are people named after fish too Coots, and couch potatoes Grin Turn ons are men who have clusterheadaches Grin

IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #93 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 6:56pm »

Sean, Tell you wife she wins!  Outstanding job.  You have a sensible woman for as long as it lasts (I think you need to win the lottery).
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #94 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 7:05pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 6:56pm, marlin wrote:
Sean, Tell you wife she wins!  Outstanding job.  You have a sensible woman for as long as it lasts (I think you need to win the lottery).

LMAO I say if she leaves whats half of nothing Grin She says we're not rich in material but rich in love Grin I say she said that cause I'm the one typing it and christmas is in a few days Grin
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #95 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 7:07pm »

Before I forget she said huge turn-ons are guys that go on www.clusterheadaches.com from the time they get home from work till they go to bed Grin........................she's politely correcting me Grin
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #96 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 7:43pm »

I'm surprised she's not politely booting your backside! Grin

Smart lady you've got there Sean - play your cards right and she just might decide she likes you enough to stick around for 50 or 60 more years.

Carol
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #97 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 7:53pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2004, 7:43pm, Grandma_Sweet_Boy wrote:
I'm surprised she's not politely booting your backside! Grin

Smart lady you've got there Sean - play your cards right and she just might decide she likes you enough to stick around for 50 or 60 more years.

Carol

Sounds like a life sentence maaGrin
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #98 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 8:08pm »

Quote:
Sounds like a life sentence maa

Sean, I like you sweetie.  Smiley  If you start sounding like marlin, I shall have to slap you silly.  Wink
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #99 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 8:17pm »

After wasting 30 minutes reading this thread.
I think I know the perfect guy for the ladies.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss