Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 12:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Dell Stupidity Strikes Again... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Dell Stupidity Strikes Again...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dell Stupidity Strikes Again...  (Read 285 times)
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

Dell Stupidity Strikes Again...
« on: Dec 13th, 2005, 10:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So last week I used Dell's support chat for the first time - figured what have I got to lose - at least if it's written English maybe it'll be better understood....

My power cord isn't connecting right to the laptop anymore (loose) - this has happened at least 3 or 4 times in the past, and they've replaced it.  So the person in their support chat told me I'd have a new one in 2-3 days.

So what did they send?  The part of the power cord that goes from the wall to the charger big box thing (sorry for my lack of knowledge as to what that's called...) - they didn't send me the half that connects to the laptop!

MF'ing SOB's....Here we go again.  I told my mom that I'm so mad at them that I am going to use my savings to get a Power Book...I don't even want to deal with Dell at all anymore!  Obviously written English isn't any better than spoken English with these fools.

Why can nothing ever go smoothly?  <sigh>  I just want ONE thing to take place without a problem in my life...I'll be shocked.
IP Logged

imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Dell Stupidity Strikes Again...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2005, 10:46am »

I have sworn never to buy anything from Dell again. I am on a personal mission to not do business with any company that out sources work out of the country. It's ironic that since I started this that my job is now in jeopardy because of out sourcing.
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
jon019

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 13th, 2005, 12:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I love my Dell computers, one at work, one at home.
But have never had a more frustrating experience than contacting their customer support. Screwed up my order of periphrals. Couldn't get through to a real person for days (it was pre phone robot shortcut methods posted a little while back). Their website told me I wasn't a customer so go away. Was actually better off because when I did get through the nightmare began. Didn't understand english, didn't speak english, didn't comprehend my problem, didn't, didn't, didn't ,didn't....
until I finally got to a supervisor who assured me I was their "supreme" customer and finally got the problem fixed. My complaints and request for explaination on website not recognizing me as a customer (have been for years) was completely ignored despite repeated attempts.

It won't happen again because I will not be ordering from them.  

Regards

Jon
IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13th, 2005, 4:41pm »

It's actually really interesting to me that they do have so many dissatisfied customers - it seems to have grown exponentially with their outsourcing...

I got my Dell inspiron in June 2003.  Since then, here's what happened (don't have exact dates, but obviously it's just been 2 years since then):

-Power cord replaced
-Fan caused motherboard to short out and everything was replaced but hard drive and actual casing
-Entire laptop was replaced for having about 5 different problems and my dad pressuring Dell for a new one
-Fan shorted out motherboard in new computer and everything was replaced, including power cord
-Hard drive melted down - that was replaced
-Now the power cord needs replacing again and i already hear the fan working harder just from simple everyday use!

So....when I buy an expensive product, I don't want to have to replace its parts once every 3 months.  I'm thinking this is it with Dell!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss