Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 3:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I give up »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I give up
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I give up  (Read 497 times)
lilboo
New Board Junior
USA 

Live like there's no tomorrow.

I give up
« on: Dec 19th, 2005, 9:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Life sucks, someone slashed the front tire on my car last night, as if I can afford to fix it, just another item to charge. And I can't get my husband off his butt to fix it, he won't do anything anymore except lay in bed. My son came down with chickenpox and he's 16, he had a very mild case when he was 2 so he was able to get it again. I finally got a job 3 months ago but my huibby's still unemployed due to his heart attack from Nov. of last year, he's the one with the clusters and his attitude just sucks lately. I can't even talk to him without some snide rude remark coming out his mouth. He is the only person that talks to me that way and I am sooooo tired of all of this shit.  This isn't even the half of it. I always try to see the bright side of everything and most people wouldn't even know there was a problem at all. Everytime things start to look up something always has to happen to bring me right back down. Just needed to get some of this out of my system I'm getting ready to blow.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: I give up
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 9:50pm »

I'm so sorry but keep posting here and maybe get into chat.  

Let some neighbor you trust know about the car. Just letting them know may go a long way towards fixing it.  

Stick around please. That you posted is a good sign by the way.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 10:35pm »

Sounds like the ole man is turned off and tuned out........sumtimes people do that when overwhelmed and jus plan give up and don't wanna change or make change. I'd ignore the shit out of him and leave him be cuz sooner or later he will have to crawl out of his hole if he gets hungry enuff. Do your own thing.......do stuff for yourself and try not to let him get to you. Lean mean piss off machine Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 10:40pm »

I'm so sorry things are not going very well, lilboo.  
You know, it's common for folks who've had heart attacks to fall into depression. Perhaps you can talk to him (or his doctor) about getting on some meds.  
I really don't have much more than that and some good vibes and wishes to offer right now. Sorry.  
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.  
hugs, nani
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2005, 12:27am by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Mattchew

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 10:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Never give up, sometimes a man needs to be kicked in the nads   to get them off their ass, I would try ignoreing him like Cootie says, it drives me up the friggin wall to be ignored.
Matt
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 11:15pm »

I know all the tricks.......... Grin
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 8:44am »

Hi Lilboo.....Never give up because when you least expect it something happens that is great and will put a smile on your face, and surprisingly you'll forget all the nonsense that you've gone through. Stand Tall and Proud !!!
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 8:52am »

lolboo..I know it must be soo hard, and sometimes it seems there just is no light at the end of the tunnel.......BUT.
Think of the man you married, think of giving up on him. The TWO of you need to band together-you are a team in this life, and, maybe Coots is right,or, as Mattchew puts it, he probably DOES need a swift jab in the nads. Either way, he needs a wake-up call.  That's where you come in. Shake him up, get things back on track........you're wasting your lives!!!!!!!!
While you're working on that, here's a hug-come back when you need a refill, ok?
Cathi
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 9:16am »

Lilboo,

As someone who always tries to look at the bright side also, I know you will pull through this and someday look back and remember this period as life changing. Some of the worst periods of my life are now the one's I'm able to look back upon as having got me to where I am today.

The tire-slashing that allowed you to look at the condition of your tires and maybe force you to buy two new ones, which later save you on a wet road late at night from going in the ditch. This is how "crappy" stuff many times ends up. You may not even be aware of how, a crappy day someday begets a good day. But they do.

As for hubby. Heart attacks are life changing also. Several of my friends had them young, and after a period of "getting over" themselves and how screwed they felt over how their lives had changed, they all picked up and are now truly living their lives to their fullest, knowing that the days they have are possibly a bonus. He'll come around, with your "bright side" help.

Hand out here. There's good people to help both of you with support.

Scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 10:38am »

Lilboo,

We're here. As one who's been there - this shoulder is always available....

Hang in there.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

alchemy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

get out of my head

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 2:26pm »

keep your chin up, things will get better   jim
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 8:31pm »

You aint giving up a damn thing!!!...Lets get that straight!

If you have a husband laying in bed for over a year not earning a paycheck and he is verbally abusing you....you dont need him!!

If this is the case...throw him the fuck out, take out a restraining order. You do not deserve that abuse.

Your gonna think you shouldnt rock the boat.....ROCK IT, or you will die inside.

Think of YOU!!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

lilboo
New Board Junior
USA 

Live like there's no tomorrow.

« Reply #12 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 9:24pm »

Wow is about all I can say, I know I'll pull through this I'm strong. I'm just tired of all the bullshit I have to put up with, he's already had a drug overdose twice so far this year, once he was doa and they reveived him. He is very depressed, mainly because he can't return to his normal line of work which was driving a big rig - because they put a diffibulator in him DMV won't renew his medical certificate - so yes he's been unemployed for a year now - he did have a job interview yesterday, he won't tell me where or how it went. I pretty much have given up on talking to him lately, the only time he talks to me is when he wants something.  Jonny the thought of thowing him out has crossed my mind more than once, I just can't bring myself to do it. I keep thinking things will get better. I keep hoping they will, I just don't know anymore.  Everyone around me is very supportive, like my kids and my mom, my sister - it's horrible but they all think he should get the boot to. I always belived in my vows till death do us part. I'm just hoping this is a bad phase and it will pass.
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 10:09pm »

Just don't let him kill yer spirit.......that is crossin the line you vow'd to put up with. Killin you softly sucks Pam
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss