Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 6:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « FYI Update on Cafergot &  Q on Nightmares »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   FYI Update on Cafergot &  Q on Nightmares
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: FYI Update on Cafergot &  Q on Nightmares  (Read 336 times)
Lili-Laura
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

Lover of Dogs & Cats

FYI Update on Cafergot &  Q on Nightmares
« on: Feb 7th, 2005, 2:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi.  just wanted to share this: I'm into day 12 (so almost week 2) of me cycle and so far Cafergot seems to work pretty well as abortive.  I don't have 02 at work, and this cycle seems to be more daytime than night time. At home, I take my beloved 02 & cafergot & witin +/- 15 minutes ch aborts.   At work I can only take cafergot & +/- 15 to 20 minutes ch aborts.    

Nightmares:  does anyone else suffer from these?  I have luckily only had one attack in sleep, but I find I sleep poorly & when I do, those dreaded nightmares & explicit (not sexually, i wish  Grin) dreams?    I don't want to take sleeping meds until it's abosultely necessary.
IP Logged

Lili-Laura
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: FYI Update on Cafergot &  Q on Nightmares
« Reply #1 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 5:34am »

Nope - no nightmares on cafergot....

Try taking some Melatonin before bedtime. I take 9mg and sleep for 5-6 hours. Might help you get thru the nightmares.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 11:11am »

My dreams always seem to be more intense when Im in a cycle.  I dont know if it has to do with the stress or what.  Melatonin works great to suppress the dreams (good or bad) and keep from getting those night time hits.  With me, as long as I can get my sleep I can fight the bastards pretty good.  Hope you find some relief.  PF vibes heading your way.
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 11:37am »

I've used cafergot to treat attacks for 30 years.  In peak cycle I'll use 20-30 tabs a week.  Never given me nightmares.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
TonyG1

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 7:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My dreams seem extremely vivid while I'm in a cycle and it has always been thus for me.  The other evening, I sat down and accidently dozed off... I kid you not it could not have been more than a minute and I dropped into a REM state ... and the ensuing dream scared the #!$@& outta me ... needless to say it woke me with a shock, heart pounding, etc., etc. jaw_drop
IP Logged
Lili-Laura
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

Lover of Dogs & Cats

« Reply #5 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 12:00am »

Sorry folks, didn't mean to confuse you.  I had two topics in one post.   I wanted to tell you that cafergot is working pretty well so far.   I hope it continues to as cycle progress.

Another, different question is nightmares - I wanted to know if anyone else suffers from them.  I get them in cycle no matter what (or if) meds I take.   Does anyone have an explaination for the nightmares?

Go well
IP Logged

Lili-Laura
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

Re: FYI Update on Cafergot &  Q on Nightm
« Reply #6 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 9:09am »

I have post-traumatic stress disorder, and have nightmares occasionally. They don't seem to be related to CH in any way, though. No greater frequency when I am in cycle, compared to being out of cycle.
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:33pm »

My dreams are always more real or memorable or vivid in cycle.  Often times, I wake up suddenly mid-dream gasping for air.  Though the dreams are not really that nightmarish, I freak when I wake suddenly, especially when I think I can't breathe.  

Hate it.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 6:57pm »

Oh yes, nightmares, one of my favorite topics (because they're fascinating).  I dream alot.  Wild and crazy dreams of impossible creatures and situations.  And sexually explicit dreams.  They come in groups... like about 2 weeks of wild dreams and then they quiet down for a week or two.  After a night of heavy dreaming, I will be more tired the next day.  The reason is because REM stage sleep is a stage of high brain activity and if you remember your dreams, there's a good chance that you've had a period of 'awakening' whether you realize it or not.  Even more frightening are the 'pre-dream hallucinations' or the 'post-dream sleep paralysis'.

I get dreams and nightmares whether I'm in cycle or out of cycle regardless of whether I'm taking meds or not.  The only thing I have to blame is my brilliant and fearsome mind  Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes  LOL

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss