Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thank You! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thank You!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thank You!  (Read 264 times)
chockey
New Board Newbie
USA 

My body seems to be striking against me!

OzTransferHelp
WWW Email

Thank You!
« on: Aug 5th, 2005, 11:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just wanted to post a thank you to everyone that has responded to my numerous posts thus far. Your insight and information has been helpful and reassuring. I've made an appointment with a neurologist but I can't get in to see him until September 14th. I scheduled an appointment with my general doctor to see if I can get some relief until September. Will my general doctor be able to prescribe O2 or would that have to come from the neuro? Should I start taking Kudzo since it's going to be a while? What about Melatonin, I heard that was available without a prescription and has a good effect on people?  
Today I've been experiencing some very minor pain in the same region of my head that my usual attacks hit me. It's very minor but noticeable. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to take an imitrex because the pain is so minimal. Suggestions? Thoughts?
Thank you all for the support thus far and for the continued support!

Chris
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Thank You!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 5th, 2005, 11:24am »

WTG Chris!! The battle has begun!
Yes, you can start kudzu now...if you've read up on it and are fully informed about it. I think I've linked this but I'll do it again:  
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1110584362
So far, it seems kudzu, melatonin (read about that, too.; There are many threads about it) and oxygen are a safe combo.

Print the oxygen info link on the left and take it to your regular dr. He should be able to prescribe it for you.

That minor pain is called a shadow, and most of us get them. Sometimes a strong cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink helps. Red Bull also.

Keep fightin'...we're right there beside you!! hugs, nani

IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
chockey
New Board Newbie
USA 

My body seems to be striking against me!

OzTransferHelp
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 5th, 2005, 11:25am »

How long do these "shadows" last? Would an advil or tylenol get rid of them?
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Aug 5th, 2005, 11:31am »

We're all different. Mine can last hours. An occasional Excedrin Migraine may help... they contain caffeine. I prefer not to use any NSAIDS, just because I am sensitive to rebounds (medication overuse) headaches. They are a common issue with OTC pain relievers. So I just use other sources of caffeine.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
headbanger45
New Board Newbie
USA 

Busted head and rocking

« Reply #4 on: Aug 5th, 2005, 1:52pm »

C,

Boy, do I know what your going through. My beast returned last year after many years off. I was caught off guard with no meds and really didn't know that much about the new meds to begin with. After about a week of thinking I had a carrott growing in my brain, looking up with tears in the eyes asking the Main Man WHY, I went to the doctor. I ending up getting a neuro appointment 5 weeks out. My cycle lasted 6 weeks. By the time I went to the Doctor, THANK GOD FOR THIS SITE, I think I was more in the know than he was. I told him what I had and what I wanted for it and he just did what I said. I started again, three weeks ago, so hopefully, I'm in the middle of my cycle and only have to deal with this for three more weeks. I would hate to be on my deer stand with a freaking left eye and a head breaking in half. It's been a guessing game for meds this year, too, but again I got on this site, asked questions, and did my research. I have kept most of the hits to a 5 and with meds, and with short durations. I had a few late nights, but I'm O.K. at work Mainly, just shadows, and the caffine really does work. I do Coke Zero. It will push a shadow out. Take your indocine. I haven't tried the kudzu, still reading about it.  
Good luck - we're pulling for you !!!- There is light at the end of this tunnel. Fight this bastard, he'll give up after a while......later.

Has anyone seen my left eye, I think I lost it last night ![/i]
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 5th, 2005, 3:39pm »

For Melatonin you do not need a prescription (but here in Africa it is quite expensive).
I felt that Melatonin helped with a good night's sleep(although that can be between 3 to 6 hours!)

O2 is a very good alternative to take during a headache, the only thing is it does not work all the time for most people.  Ice is recommended and Charlie has an age old method we very old timers tried that worked sometimes.

I'll ask him to put it on the board again.

Good Luck and PFDAN's for you, hope you find the combination working for you quick! Wink
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 5th, 2005, 10:51pm »

Chris, glad to see you're hanging in there and getting some good info from the board
Quote:
Will my general doctor be able to prescribe O2 or would that have to come from the neuro?
-Like Nani said, your GP should be able to prescribe it, show him the info

Quote:
What about Melatonin, I heard that was available without a prescription and has a good effect on people?  

Give it a try, just watch what you're buying, Melatonin is unregulated by the FDA and quality varies. The best I've found is actually sold at Price Chopper, I don't know if you have one in Utica, but look for the Natures Bounty 3 mg, try one before bedtime, but make sure not to take more than 2 or 3, too much isn't good.
Best of luck......
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss